Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

[HELP] Gandalf inspired character

iAMhealz
iAMhealz
Soul Shriven
I have always made a gandalf inspired character in all my other mmo games i've played. I just need a little help as to what kind of robe to wear. Dont see a costume that really fits a gandalf inspired look. i know i need the long patriarch beard and either the cleaver man's wizards hat or the Fibonaccus Spiral Hat.

thanks for any advice!
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    The only robe costume I can think of off the top of my head is the Dark Brotherhood quest reward. I believe you can dye it too, although it will still have the DB insignia and some other details that Gandalf's robes would not have.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Sixth House Robe could do the trick to, it dyes realy nice to white and gray
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For plainer robes with little armor, there's:
    Dark Brotherhood Robe (costume)
    Sixth House Robe (costume)
    Low Level Breton
    Celestial
    Soul Shriven
    Brilliance Brocade Robes (crown store costume)
    Desert Garden Gala Overdress (crown store costume)
    Evening/Wedding Dress (crown store costume)
    Glenmoril Witch Robes (crown store costume)
    Mages Guild Research Robes (crown store costume)
    Moth Priest (crown store costume)
    Priest of the Green (crown store costume)
    Summit Lord's Silken Robes (crown store costume)

For Gandalf, I'd probably look at Dark Brotherhood, Sixth House, Soul Shriven, Moth Priest or Priest of the Green. If I were going for Gandalf the White, Desert Garden Gala might have potential.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    If you have ESO plus you can dye costumes.

If you unlock achievements the robes can be dyed in a worn gray style.

But that depends if you're going after Gandalf the Gray or White.

I'd recommend being a Breton too, as they're the magic based human race. Whereas Imperials and Nords are primarily Stamina based.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • iAMhealz
    iAMhealz
    Soul Shriven
    thank you all for the help!