The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Changing Fonts

Chilly-McFreeze
Chilly-McFreeze
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Hope this is in the right section, as I'm looking for help with an addon.
I recently came across the Morrowind Style Interface Addon. To be precise this one "http://esoui.com/downloads/info1593-MorrowindStyleUI.html#info".

Now to get that to work was no problem. However, the author suggest to use a different font along with it: Pawksickels.
So I downloaded it, put it in the same Add on folder.
Then I went on to download the kingthings execter font, like advised.
I drop the kingthings exeter.ttf to ...\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\Pawksickles\fonts

Ssomeone in the pawsickle comments posted the following
In the addon's folder I created a folder called "Fonts" where I stuck the .ttf file of the font I wanted to use.
Open Pawksickles.lua and find the lines that say LMP:Register etc etc. Add a new line in the same format with the name of your font and the directory like this:
LMP:Register( 'font', 'fontname', [ [ filepath to font ]] )
To quickly change all of the defaults I opened PawksicklesConfig.lua and used Ctrl+H to quickly replace them all with the name of my own font.

So I opened the pawksickles.lua and added

LMP:Register( 'font', 'Kingthings Exeter', [ [Pawksickles/fonts/kingthings exeter.ttf]] )

as last entry before
CBM:RegisterCallback( 'PAWKSICKLES_FONT_CHANGED', function( ... ) self:SetFont( ... ) end )
CBM:FireCallbacks( 'PAWKSICKLES_LOADED' )

Then I went on to pawksicklesconfig.lua and replaced every
'Univers 67', 'Univers 57', 'Futura Condensed' with 'Kingthings Exeter'
I wanted the bookfonts untouched so I left the others alone (like 'Skyrim Handwritten' and 'Trajan Pro').

Problem is that not a single font changes. I have to add that I'm a noob what things like this concerns. Where went I wrong? Thanks in advance.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love those 2 addons too @Chilly-McFreeze. Can’t play without them anymore.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArtOfShred wrote: »

Thanks. Something so obvious and still I missed it.^^ However, this leads to my next problem. I can choose Kingthings Execeter from the in game menu but then not a single letter gets displayed. I guess it's an issue with the font file since I can add other fonts with no problem.