Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How do I know if I can get master writs

Sawzallz
Sawzallz
✭✭✭
Is there provisioning master writ?

Best Answer

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sawzallz wrote: »
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Yes there are provisioning master writs, only requirement for getting master writs is to be max level in that craft line and do normal writs. The you have a chance at getting a master in your reward box.
    Do chances increase with more recipes?

I believe the formula, according to ZOS's initial statement on provisioning master writs, is scaled off your knowledge of purple and gold recipes only. The myriad green and blue recipes apparently don't affect your chances one way or the other.

Also, master provisioning writs only ask for purple or gold food/drink to be crafted. These may include the gold Orzoga recipe from her Wrothgar quest line. I have yet to have any of the holiday event recipes requested, but I think they still play into the chances of getting a master writ in the first place.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

Answer ✓
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes there are provisioning master writs, only requirement for getting master writs is to be max level in that craft line and do normal writs. The you have a chance at getting a master in your reward box.
    Edited by Vyle_Byte on February 1, 2018 5:13PM
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sawzallz wrote: »
    Yes they increase. Last year on average my writ crafters had 3% chance for provision master writ. Now they have 8% chance. In-between they have learned about 20 epic recipes. Do also all crafting achievements you can.

Just adding that provision MWs are never good. If you are lucky you get every second week a two-voucher writ. If you are unlucky you get a ten voucher writ requiring two perfect roes.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To obtain a provision master writ:

- the character must have maxed their rank by spending all skill points in the first passive. This means the crafting writs will be the ones calling for the recipes from the set including murthseas remorse, sipping inga tonic, etc - a total of 12 recipes in rotation.

- the character’s chances of receiving a master provision writ increase based on total purple and gold recipe knowledge. That’s the entire table of purple food and drink: level 40 tri stat, level c20 tri stat, c140 tri stat - all of it.

On my main, who knows every recipe in the game and does writs daily, I receive maybe 1 master provision writ per month. Maybe. I have ten crafters, all doing daily provision writs. Other than my main, the other know 10-50 purple recipes, and once in a while get a master writ.

Tips:

Do NOT work on getting more master provision writs. They aren’t worth it. You could spend 5 million gold and hundreds of hours collecting crap, and you’ll be rewarded with 2-6 vouchers per month. A third of the time, the master writs reward 10 vouchers in exchange for 2 perfect roe...this is an utter waste. You could sell 2 roe for 25k and buy master writ quests in other professions to get 20-30 vouchers at the same cost.

If you get a provision master writ, yay...two vouchers. Enjoy them. In the meantime, if you want fast and cheap vouchers focus on leveling up your alchemy and enchanting on your main and possibly alts. Learn all the rune and reagent traits, get them to level fifty, and do daily craft writs. You will easily get 40 alchemy vouchers or 20 enchanting vouchers for every 2 provision vouchers you’d get on a character with max knowledge in everything.

In short, provision master writs are crap, ignore them, lol.
    Edited by davey1107 on February 1, 2018 10:22PM