The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My experience with PvP

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
I need to get Vigor and Caltrops, so I went to Cyrodiil, not knowing what to expect.
Zerg. ZERG. Nothing more. 10 fps. Relatively frequent two seconds freezes. Then I got hit by endless loading screen. About three minutes to log back in, several more minutes to go through queue again. Try to get to where the group was. Endless loading screen. /quit

STOP

Dear Zenimax, four years after release, and you are obviously STILL pathetically unable to do anything about this frankenstein of a crap engine you got who knows where to make it perform at least badly? Because if the performance was at least BAD, I wouldn't want to commit virtual suicide.
This is ridiculous and pathetic on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.

No, I won't even try to pvp again in this game.
Edited by Octopuss on January 31, 2018 9:37PM
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The olive tree shall perish, and the grasshopper shall become a burden. For all men go to their long home, while their mourners go about the streets.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't PVP in Cyrodiil due to performance issues - I mean, you can't learn 2 play if you can't play to begin with - try Battlegrounds in the new Dragon Bones patch.

They are increasing the rewards for matches so even if you endure an unending stream of losses, you'll probably make better AP than you would trying to follow a group around through endless lag.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The olive tree shall perish, and the grasshopper shall become a burden. For all men go to their long home, while their mourners go about the streets.

yes, be afraid - be very afraid...

OP, this is clearly a case of L2connect :#
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smoking_Grass_hoppers
    Chaysing_Catapillas
    King Thelon in wonderland

TA
    Your not wrong, even a lot of pvp'rs feel the same way but who find the pve even worse to tolerate.
    Lack of other similar choices at the moment.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the replies here. Why are you posting in gibberish?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What they are trying to say:

We feel your pain. That's exactly like we felt and still feel for the past three years.

Turn down your graphics settings. Try solo play zergsurfing (run with the zerg but do not join the group). Disable addons like Master Merchant and Harvest Map. Make sure there are no downloads in background, i.e. no spotify, no netflix. Play a no-cp campaign. That's all advise I can give.
  • Getern
    Getern
    ✭✭✭
    There were actual times when the lag was not the issue, mostly when population was spilited at some point also in IC.

You are doing it all wrong, do you want having lagless experience? play till 6 p.m then u make a break and u start to playing from 10:30 p.m again. You dont want to play in between cause its just wont work.

At the end of the day, what did u expect? Its Zenimax
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    OP your rig must be out of date, bad internet connection, and ignore zergs wil help also.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, I’m a console peasant, and it’s (hard to believe) even worse. Literally, unplayable. I mostly run PVE content, but popped into Vivec for the end of campaign rewards last night. Four disconnections in a two hour period. Punctuated by multiple 2-3 second freezes and rubber banding. Frame rates that rival a kindergarten flip book project. Note that none of the disconnections occurred in particularly huge battles. More like 15 vs 15 (or less). I’d like to believe something will be done, but I don’t.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    I don't understand the replies here. Why are you posting in gibberish?

it just seems a little silly for you to get freaked out by one experience...

make sure you have things squared away on your end, and, give it another shot - or, stay freaked out and never go back again...

there may be a reason why you've never gone to cyrodiil before - pvp may not be your thing...

however, if you've followed this forum for a while you know there's a bunch of us hooked on it - and, there are reasons why...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think PvP really might not be for me.
    I decided to look at the Imperial Sewers. Interestingly, there was a big group, so I thought I could join them.
    ...apparently not.
    kDDkA9w.png

Whatever "chest stealer" means.
    What marvelous attitude pvp players have.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    What they are trying to say:

We feel your pain. That's exactly like we felt and still feel for the past three years.

Turn down your graphics settings. Try solo play zergsurfing (run with the zerg but do not join the group). Disable addons like Master Merchant and Harvest Map. Make sure there are no downloads in background, i.e. no spotify, no netflix. Play a no-cp campaign. That's all advise I can give.

Turn off grass, lower your particle/view range graphics, and turn everything off except for shaders.

That usually helps.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to look at the Imperial Sewers. Interestingly, there was a big group, so I thought I could join them.
    ...apparently not.
    kDDkA9w.png

What marvelous attitude pvp players people have.

edited that for ya...

yeah - that's weird - chest stealer - wtf?!?!?

Edited by geonsocal on February 2, 2018 9:19PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or, you know, don't go in Vivec? go into smaller campaigns and just repair walls, join a zerg.

i have a 2-3 seconds delay only in Vivec.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That sounds... almost naughty :D:D:D
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...apparently not.
    kDDkA9w.png

In the sewers, there are a few chests (portals and world bosses I think) that are shared like dungeon chests. Others are like standard overland chests, and can't be looted by more than one player. One guild I'm in runs sewer events, and the directive is clear, you only open chests that are shared or if you're called so as to distribute them over all group members. I'd guess this group runs similarly and didn't trust you to stick with their rules.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Octopuss ...

you've got me intrigued now in your story...so, you've gone from pvp noob and jumped right in to imperial city - very very cool...

IC is a unique mixture of pve/pvp that can be very exciting...

the sewers aren't so spectacularly - but, the district environments are definitely beautifully eerie...

I'd give you advice on tel var farming, but, unfortunately I suck at it - i mostly go solo, so can't really farm district bosses, and, i don't really enjoy killing folks for their tel var - unless they attack first...

I was in the sewers a bunch last week on each faction (ps4/na/vivec) and didn't notice any enemies trying to gank players in the tunnels closest to the bases...

up top I'd recommend staying as hidden as possible, if you have the blade of woe try using it as much as possible...and, also, stay hidden as much as possible...

although I play solo (i cross faction on the same map, so it's better for me not to group), i will tag behind some allies on occasion...

hope you have a chance to enjoy the environments (usually much less lag in IC) - and, make a few stones and a little AP...
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PvP server in ESO is only functional for half of the day (when everyone is logged out of PvP).

The best time to PvP is when the server is empty. No lag.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...apparently not.
    kDDkA9w.png

Bothered about chests? Sounds like pve-ers to me.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    ...apparently not.
    kDDkA9w.png

Bothered about chests? Sounds like pve-ers to me.

eh, you touched muh booty? No room for you, lol. :)

das ist Bescheuert :/