The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trolls declining battlegrounds.

raviour
raviour
✭✭✭✭
Seriously like why ? 4 friends queue for 20 mins spamming f, one 16 year old troll RIPs any BG action, @Zenimax you need to fix this.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    BGs down tonight on EU coz of 1 troll. GG.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was the troll in your team or somewhere else?

Surely there were other teams it could match you against if one person not in your group kept declining?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Surely there were other teams it could match you against if one person not in your group kept declining?
    I suspect is an finder bug, you get it in dungeon too, the someone can be the server.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

I suspect is an finder bug, you get it in dungeon too, the someone can be the server.
    That's what I would have thought too, but OP seemed to have information that it was a player causing this, or was that ranting speculation?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it keeps saying someone declined the invite, it might be a bug. As Zaria said, it happens with the dungeon finder, too.

I haven't done Battlegrounds, but I've had it happen with the dungeon finder on occasion, and It seems like when it happens once, it's likely to happen several times in a row. Seems to be a bug.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the group finder is lagging, often times you’ll have a chance to accept a queue twice. Youll hit the accept button and then, after accepting, the “press f to accept” will linger on the screen for a second or two, giving you an opportunity to accept again.

If you or anyone in that queue accepts again, it’ll give you the “someone declined the queue” message and reset. Accept twice will not drop you from the queue though, so you’ll be free to make the same mistake again. Anyone running a macro to auto accept BGs is a likely candidate for the cause of this.

If someone actually declines the queue pop, they’re removed from the queue, and won’t be in your next 12 man rdy check.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I'd like to see BGs become a bit more like other competitive team-based games out there.

By that I mean two things:

#1) No invite feature for BGs. If you queue, you get pulled in automatically when a group is found. Like an "auto-accept", if you will. If you're not ready to be pulled in at any minute, then don't queue. You shouldn't have groups being made and then be sitting and waiting for 30 seconds for everyone to accept, only for someone to reject and have to start all over again. No competitive game does that.

#2) Faster inactivity detection-kick mechanism. I don't know what the current timer is exactly, but when I received a phone call while in the BGs last week, I sat in the base for about 3 minutes and I hadn't even received a warning yet. In Overwatch I receive an inactivity warning if I press no buttons for 15 seconds. I get kicked in 30". It's even more important to have low inactivity thresholds if (as per #1) you're gonna pull people automatically into the BG. So if they queued but went afk, then they get pulled in, the BG starts and if they sit at the base for 30" they are kicked out with a penalty being imposed and a replacement being searched for.

What they need to do though is find and fix the problem with the really long loading screens. Or this would mess up with the timers and kick people when it's not their fault. Whenever it's happened to me, I had also noticed that one of the players in the team was invisible to me. And I've had friends confirm the same behaviour.

Edited by Maulkin on February 2, 2018 12:38PM
    EU | PC | AD