Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Why are there limited-time items in the crown store?

Baracuta
Baracuta
✭✭✭
Excluding holiday-related content, why are cosmetics made limited time in the crown store? It's not like there's a limit to how many things you can have up at a given time.
Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.

Best Answer

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baracuta wrote: »
    I started this thread expecting a reply from one of the lads/ladettes at ZoS.

They have not responded to any of the other threads on this subject, and there have been dozens. At least two others this week.

I am fully aware that they exist to pressure people into spending money.

And you answered your own thread.

I don't like the limited time stuff either, especially if it's just a few days. A month, sure I can see that, gives people time to plan their finances. Cycling the items through again at some future date would be good too.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To make people actually buy Crowns; if they weren't limited, people would just save up their monthly sub Crowns.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To shove them in the crown crates later, duh.
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    To build pressure on costumers to by crowns and purchase these things, so that they won't feel like they missed out on something.
    PC | EU

Muriel Winterhauch | Magicka Sorcerer

• Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Excluding holiday-related content, why are cosmetics made limited time in the crown store? It's not like there's a limit to how many things you can have up at a given time.

They did say several times over that there actually is a limit. Why or how high that limit is? No idea.

Also, basic marketing strategy. Artificially limit supply to generate demand.
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, sooooo, this thread was started after I had seen the crown store showcase for February. I was a bit peeved, and so I started this thread expecting a reply from one of the lads/ladettes at ZoS. I am fully aware that they exist to pressure people into spending money.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would go a drastically different route. Something along the lines of:

@ZOS_Wrobel only rides into battle on his White-Gold Imperial Courser.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom says she is sad she can't have three or four Milady's White Cats with her all the time!

@ZOS_Edward swears on Dread Anka-Ra Polymorph - "hard as dwarves, umm dwemer", he muttered to himself.

:D
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett