Maintenance for the week of April 12:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 12

Why are there limited-time items in the crown store?

Baracuta
Baracuta
✭✭✭
Excluding holiday-related content, why are cosmetics made limited time in the crown store? It's not like there's a limit to how many things you can have up at a given time.
Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.

Best Answer

• Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To make people actually buy Crowns; if they weren't limited, people would just save up their monthly sub Crowns.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To shove them in the crown crates later, duh.
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    To build pressure on costumers to by crowns and purchase these things, so that they won't feel like they missed out on something.
    PC | EU
    ~ eXceed Gaming ~

Muriel Winterhauch | Magicka Sorcerer
    [29k+ Achievment Points]

Fanatic Hunters
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baracuta wrote: »
    Excluding holiday-related content, why are cosmetics made limited time in the crown store? It's not like there's a limit to how many things you can have up at a given time.

They did say several times over that there actually is a limit. Why or how high that limit is? No idea.

Also, basic marketing strategy. Artificially limit supply to generate demand.
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, sooooo, this thread was started after I had seen the crown store showcase for February. I was a bit peeved, and so I started this thread expecting a reply from one of the lads/ladettes at ZoS. I am fully aware that they exist to pressure people into spending money.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would go a drastically different route. Something along the lines of:

@ZOS_Wrobel only rides into battle on his White-Gold Imperial Courser.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom says she is sad she can't have three or four Milady's White Cats with her all the time!

@ZOS_Edward swears on Dread Anka-Ra Polymorph - "hard as dwarves, umm dwemer", he muttered to himself.

:D
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett