The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Guild Trader "None Hired" Bug.

freespirit
freespirit
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So firstly this is on PC-EU.

Basically although you do actually have a trader and are able to post and sell items, on your Guild's homepage under Trader it says "Non Hired". Okay so obviously some weird visual bug with the Homepage not a massive problem I thought. This is not the first time it's happened and many inexperienced Guild Members are getting quite confused, although we have added a note in the MotD to explain, it's still annoying.

For the more serious trader there is however a slightly bigger issue and that concerns Tamriel Trade Centre, I have just discovered that TTC does not recognise any guild showing that message as having a trader and therefore will not scan the store.

I have one of my 4 trading guilds showing a Trader hired(I'm wondering if this might be because it's the only one not in a town/city), that store scans fine with TTC the other 3 wont and I get a message in chat as follows "Current Guild does not own a guild kiosk. Operation ended."

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are you aware of this issue? Is there a fix in the pipeline?

I did a search before opening this topic and couldn't track down any recent comments :)
When people say to me........
"You're going to regret that in the morning"
I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fix is next monday's maintenance. As we've seen in previous occurrences, they just don't think it's worth disrupting the game with midweek downtime over this.
    Edited by pauli133 on January 31, 2018 5:08PM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's caused by other players using dummy guilds. Player creates dummy guild, dummy guild gets disbanded and all motd's get wiped/bugged. Apart from the guild that replaced the disbanded dummy guild. their message is fine.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    The fix is next monday's maintenance. As we've seen in previous occurrences, they just don't think it's worth disrupting the game with midweek downtime over this.

I agree with them.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's prevalent on PC-NA as well. All of my guilds are None Hired. I also tried using TTC Scan Listings on other guild stores in their actual kiosks and got the message that those guilds don't have kiosks.

I noticed TTC's item data was wonky and this is probably why.
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been on xbox forever.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I totally agree it is not a "special maintenance" type bug......

I was just poking the management to check it is on their radar :p
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just was going to create a topic about it. Really annoying. I'm in 5 guilds and 1 of them have no trader this week. And everytime I'm standing in the bank putting items in guild stores I can't remember which guild has a trader and which one has not. :)
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It gives me a heart attack every time I log in on Monday to find no trader.

We failed to get a trader for two weeks, I logged on on Monday and still had no trader.... but my Master merchant showed stuff sold through the store, so I asked the guild leaders and they assured me that we had a trader.

Please deal with this bug... its terrifying for low-medium level trade guilds that don't always win.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always been this way on PS4NA.

We have to use the first line of our MOTD to inform our members of our Trader Name/Location.

Seriously, it's been this way for 2 years on PS4NA.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's cross every platform. Which I find to be super weird actually.
    Edited by Jemcrystal on February 1, 2018 5:40AM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not super weird. As i mentioned above, it's on every platform because it's other players who cause this. They create a dummy guild, disband that dummy guild and it glitches out all Motd's other than the guild replacing the disbanded trader. Because technically, their guild was installed after the glitch took place. It's always fixed after maintenance because ZoS obviously reset the servers or whatever.

So yeah, other players are to blame for it and nowt weird about it.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on February 1, 2018 10:56AM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not super weird. As i mentioned above, it's on every platform because it's other players who cause this. They create a dummy guild, disband that dummy guild and it glitches out all Motd's other than the guild replacing the disbanded trader. Because technically, their guild was installed after the glitch took place. It's always fixed after maintenance because ZoS obviously reset the servers or whatever.

Players are to blame over all 4 platforms and cause a glitch with all 183 kiosks????
    I call shenanigans.....
    I know all about the dummie guild thing, but none of my 3 trade guilds are involved in that. Only maybe 5-10 big guilds actually do this (PC/NA), and they should not effect the 175 other guilds with traders... Just don't see it...sorry...
    Huzzah Tho!!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Players are to blame over all 4 platforms and cause a glitch with all 183 kiosks????
    I call shenanigans.....
    I know all about the dummie guild thing, but none of my 3 trade guilds are involved in that. Only maybe 5-10 big guilds actually do this (PC/NA), and they should not effect the 175 other guilds with traders... Just don't see it...sorry...
    Huzzah Tho!!!

Prof_Bawbag is correct. This glitch is caused when a guild that has hired a kiosk disbands, and another guild purchases the vacated location. I don't know why it causes a glitch, I don't know why it makes every other guild that has a trader show as "none hired". That is a question for ZOS. The glitch has been reliably tracked down to this issue on multiple servers, though.

The fix is usually the next trader reset.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone