The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would You Like Regional Mounts?

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Would you like it if in each zone, a set of particular mounts and or mount types were sold across Tamriel by stable masters?

For example, in Wrothgar you could purchase bears. In Reaper’s March, you could purchase senches. In Auridon, you could buy horses. In Glenumbra, you could buy wolves. In Stonefalls, you could purchase Guar. And so on.
Edited by Ch4mpTW on January 31, 2018 6:08AM

Would You Like Regional Mounts? 126 votes

Yes, because...
86%
ElventAortickJimmyopajSkuaNemesis7884AzuryaLadyAstrumDanikatcheeseaddictdjyrbRosveenRev Riellexenowarrior92eb17_ESOfalcasternub18_ESOerebozAhPook_Is_HereStreegaHidesFromSunAeladiir 109 votes
No, because...
7%
AcrolasNewBlacksmurfidkrosendoichinoveb17_ESOSevalaricgirlPink_ViolinzWrekkeddMaryalSisterGoatMamauilas 10 votes
Other (please explain)
5%
NestorKatahdinGhettokidIccotakFeanorJayman1000ghastley 7 votes
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I voted yes, because it would in a sense add a bit of immersion to the game. It would also match up a bit with lore, if ZOS were to actually go into detail with a concept like this. And really match things up. Such as being able to buy camels from Redguards in the desert regions of the Daggerfall Covenant, and so on. And elemental mounts (e.g. Frostmare) from specialized sellers for various Mage’s Guilds.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Sometimes I change mounts and costumes to match the region I'm currently exploring.

Also voted yes since there should be more mounts available for gold.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I'd like achievement mounts, honestly anyone that is against any new mounts available outside the store are wallet warriors
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 31, 2018 7:32AM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    still looking for a fitting mount for my bosmers and argonians!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    I want Dinosaurs! (and No I don't mean more guar)
    1301x700_9588_The_Knight_s_Way_2d_fantasy_knight_dinosaurs_picture_image_digital_art.jpg
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 31, 2018 8:22AM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Orsinium cemented the paid model for mounts when the standard bear was bundled with the DLC. Thieves Guild bundled the standard camel. Dark Brotherhood bundled the standard wolf. There's just no way to get more generic than those mount designs, which is why they're evergreen crown store items.

The leveling adviser furthers the notion of not introducing any more basic mounts to the game world.

aliyavana wrote: »
    I'd like achievement mounts, honestly anyone that is against any new mounts available outside the store are wallet warriors

You're already name-calling (and while I'm typing this, calling out) in an argument this thread isn't even having.
    Edited by Acrolas on January 31, 2018 8:06AM
    signing off
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Orsinium cemented the paid model for mounts when the standard bear was bundled with the DLC. Thieves Guild bundled the standard camel. Dark Brotherhood bundled the standard wolf. There's just no way to get more generic than those mount designs, which is why they're evergreen crown store items.

The leveling adviser furthers the notion of not introducing any more basic mounts to the game world.

You're already name-calling (and while I'm typing this, calling out) in an argument this thread isn't even having.

Just because they have generic mounts for dlcs doesn't mean they can't add more for gold.
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 31, 2018 8:24AM
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes, when I first started playing this game (about four months ago) this is what I expected. I thought I'd see a camel mount in Alik'r Desert, a bear in Eastmarch, a clockwork something in Clockwork city, for example, just things that feel like they'd be an obvious choice in those areas, so seeing the same four horses everywhere was disappointing.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I like new mounts. Simple as that
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But what would Zeni's artists eat? /s
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I would like them.

Is it going to happen? Yes. Regional Mounts: Sold in the Crown Store.

The Crown Store took over all the Stablemasters in Tamriel when we weren't looking and established strict regulations on exactly which mounts they are allowed to sell to Outlanders and Soulless Ones.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it's too late for that everywhere, what they could do is add some non-horse mounts to stables for sale with gold in DLC areas that fit, like the Bear in Wrothgar. That way they still have to be paid for, but not directly.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    I’d like a Senche with a little Bavarian flag attached at the saddle, thank you. Support your local area! ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    When a new DLC comes out, we get a new mount that comes with the Collector's Edition, and sometimes themed mounts in the Crown Store.

Do I want more mounts you can purchase for gold? Sure! Is it going to happen? Probably not.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    When a new DLC comes out, we get a new mount that comes with the Collector's Edition, and sometimes themed mounts in the Crown Store.

Do I want more mounts you can purchase for gold? Sure! Is it going to happen? Probably not.

The question is do you want, not will it happen. But yah, dos is bent on milking us with mounts
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 31, 2018 12:51PM
  • HorrorShow
    HorrorShow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    It would be more....IMMERSIVE!!!
    "Never go in, miss. Never say a prayer at its door. If you are angry, do not seek revenge by the Laughing Maiden Stone, or at the threshold of the Tombs. There be those who listen for oaths and vows...What may be said in innocence and ire becomes flesh and blood in such places."
    -Old Marsh
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Old post rehashed....same answer No

Why: Because how many of you buy the current stable mounts over crown mounts?

......I’ll wait......
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

......I’ll wait......

That argument is like the one zos made about not increasing bag space, no one needed more because not many maxed it out... but in reality who the hell wants old outdated texture horses over exotic tigers or horses with flames coming out of them? Even the newer crown store mounts horses are higher quality than the old gold one...

So your arguments meh... If they sold blue flame mounts at stables I am sure you will see a large decrease in crown purchases
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 31, 2018 1:21PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

......I’ll wait......

That argument is like the one zos made about not increasing bag space, no one needed more because not many maxed it out... but in reality who the hell wants old outdated texture horses over exotic tigers or horses with flames coming out of them? Even the newer crown store mounts horses are higher quality than the old gold one...

So your arguments meh... If they sold blue flame mounts at stables I am sure you will see a large decrease in crown purchases

If a feature like regional mounts were introduced, I’d probably never buy another mount via Crown Store again. Let alone from a Crown Crate.

As for things like blue flame mounts, those would be perfect for Coldharbour. With atronach mounts matching flawlessly with Craglorn. It would make sense too from a lore perspective.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I wish they put half as much effort into mounts in this game as they did costumes. You think Tamriel had weekly fashion shows or something.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    SisterGoat wrote: »

The question is do you want, not will it happen. But yah, dos is bent on milking us with mounts

But there's so many things I want that won't happen that it could take forever just to list them all.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    I think there's a reasonable argument for requiring regional mounts, rather than selling them. I.e.if you want to ride in region X, then you have to use the proper mount for the region. So you can't ride a bear in the desert, but you can ride a camel, and so on.

Now I'm not suggesting there should only be one possible mount, but restricting the "useable range" of each type would be practical. No thick-haired types in hot regions, no mechanicals in the sand, no lizards in the cold, whatever makes sense.
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Definitely think adding more mounts to this game would be a great addition, specifically mounts NOT tied to the crown store and instead earnable through in game tasks, activities, and drop chances.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    ghastley wrote: »
    I think there's a reasonable argument for requiring regional mounts, rather than selling them. I.e.if you want to ride in region X, then you have to use the proper mount for the region. So you can't ride a bear in the desert, but you can ride a camel, and so on.

Now I'm not suggesting there should only be one possible mount, but restricting the "useable range" of each type would be practical. No thick-haired types in hot regions, no mechanicals in the sand, no lizards in the cold, whatever makes sense.

That actually makes a lot of sense. For example, if you are in the lush jungles of say Grahtwood or Malabal Tor... A senche would be the most practical type of mount. Plus, I believe there are various forms of senche which have their habitats there. And say if you were traversing through somewhere like the Clockwork City, then a Dwarven or fabricant mount would be appropriate.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I expect to be able to buy a Duneripper or Camel Mount in Ailk'r. Likewise, some Guar and Kagoutis in Shadowfen. Lore-wise, it makes sense, and with One Tamriel, there's really no reason to not do it.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    It makes sense that a people living in a region would use what is available to to them as mounts.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    I expect to be able to buy a Duneripper or Camel Mount in Ailk'r. Likewise, some Guar and Kagoutis in Shadowfen. Lore-wise, it makes sense, and with One Tamriel, there's really no reason to not do it.

Omfg! Duneripper mounts would be glorious. And you’re correct in that it would be 100% accurate. Come to think of it, I suppose wamasu mounts would also be available for purchase if following the same logic. But in swamp-like areas.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I’d love more variety like this, it should have been in game from the beginning. Zeni could keep some very simple regional mounts available for gold, that way they could still sell the flashier ones in the crown store.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I would also like Dungeon themed mounts: Velidreth Mount, Minotaur mount, Argonian Behemoth mount etc. And have some cool special animations for each. Ex. when press the jump button on the former she says "Don't move a muscle" and fake spikes emerge from the ground :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |