Maintenance for the week of April 12:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 12

Sell Furnishing Recipes in the Crown Store

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Controversial idea maybe. But Crown Store has already turned into a short cut towards crafting expertise.

Extremely rare motifs like Buoyant Armiger could be bought with gems, or gotten from crates with luck.

Many, if not most, motifs are available from crates and directly buyable with crowns.

You can buy research scrolls with vouchers and crowns, and become a 9 trait crafter in a few weeks.

In light of this, there is really no reason why furnishing recipes should not be sold in the Crown Store, or obtainable from Crates. It's just another step in the same direction.

Crown furnishings have no interest to me, and I will rarely buy any, simply because I want the recipes, and be able to create them on my own.
But if they were to add furnishing recipes to the store or crates, either as single recipes or parts of a bundle, I would certainly buy some of them, especially the more overpriced ones.

If you can already be a 9 trait crafter with all motifs from crown store purchases, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to buy furnishing recipes from the store either.
Crafting sets actually have value and use in the gameplay - furnishings are purely decorations.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see the older furnishing recipes being in the crown store.

    The newer recipes, however, would mean players could bypass content to buy them in the crown store. ZOS has a history of being opposed to that sort of thing.

  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Controversial idea maybe. But Crown Store has already turned into a short cut towards crafting expertise.

    Extremely rare motifs like Buoyant Armiger could be bought with gems, or gotten from crates with luck.

    Many, if not most, motifs are available from crates and directly buyable with crowns.

    You can buy research scrolls with vouchers and crowns, and become a 9 trait crafter in a few weeks.

    In light of this, there is really no reason why furnishing recipes should not be sold in the Crown Store, or obtainable from Crates. It's just another step in the same direction.

    Crown furnishings have no interest to me, and I will rarely buy any, simply because I want the recipes, and be able to create them on my own.
    But if they were to add furnishing recipes to the store or crates, either as single recipes or parts of a bundle, I would certainly buy some of them, especially the more overpriced ones.

    If you can already be a 9 trait crafter with all motifs from crown store purchases, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to buy furnishing recipes from the store either.
    Crafting sets actually have value and use in the gameplay - furnishings are purely decorations.

    Yes, I agree. I think OP has brought up fair points.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could see the older furnishing recipes being in the crown store.

    The newer recipes, however, would mean players could bypass content to buy them in the crown store. ZOS has a history of being opposed to that sort of thing.

    They did it with motifs in the crown crates....even added a full PvP one in there.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. That would take away from trading. Finding recipes is part of the game, whether it's from drops or from trading. Adding more elements of gaming to the crown store would be horrible. If that were to happen, might as well call this game The Elder Crowns.

    But...if ZoS added recipes to the crown store and made them so that you a) cannot sell or trade them, b) cannot sell or trade any furnishings made with them, then fine.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on January 31, 2018 9:29AM
    ~ Imperials need new furniture. By the Divines! Their furniture is recoloured Breton for goodness sakes! #ImperialFurnitureIndependance ~
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    No. That would take away from trading. Finding recipes is part of the game, whether it's from drops or from trading. Adding more elements of gaming to the crown store would be horrible. If that were to happen, might as well call this game The Elder Crowns.

    But...if ZoS added recipes to the crown store and made them so that you a) cannot sell or trade them, b) cannot sell or trade any furnishings made with them, then fine.

    Obviously they would be account bound, like the motifs already sold there, which would be the answer to your point a.
    As to point b, obviously you would be able to sell items made with them, like you can ALREADY sell items made in motifs bought from the crown store.

    You may think that having anything obtainable in the game for sale in the crown store is a bad idea, but fact is that you can ALREADY buy every motif from the crown store or from crown crates, as well as buy research scrolls to nullify research time.

    So selling crown store furnishing recipes is in no way any different, you're bypassing the ingame grind by spending real money. News flash: it's already happening.

    Crown store exclusive recipe bundles would also be a logical next step, just like we have had crown store exclusive motifs, and will in the future as well.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see the older furnishing recipes being in the crown store.

    The newer recipes, however, would mean players could bypass content to buy them in the crown store. ZOS has a history of being opposed to that sort of thing.

    Nah, that's not true. Full Armiger motif book and Ordinator book were available from crates or gems shortly after it was released.

    You can already bypass the ingame grind for both research and motif by buying from the crown store. And you can even buy several crown store exclusive motifs, with more coming in the future. So saying they are "opposed to it" is not true. ZOS has shown they are not opposed to anything that will net them more money.

    Edited by Carbonised on January 31, 2018 9:48AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they didn't monetize every freaking thing in the game.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I'd rather they didn't monetize every freaking thing in the game.

    Well, generally I agree with this. But, that ship has long since sailed. They are monetizing the game as far as they can, and as for motifs and recipes, as long as they are still obtainable and available in game and for gold, I don't see the harm of having a Crown Store alternative as well.

    Personally, I have gotten every motif page in the game and not through the store, but with furnishing recipe prices being close to a million gold for some of them, it's much more attractive to spend some cash for them instead of hours on end grinding gold.

    At least buying the recipes from the store is a lot more attractive than buying the individual pieces of furniture, and it's something I would actually consider buying for money - whereas buying the individual furnishing pieces is very unattractive to me and I seldom do it at all.
Sign In or Register to comment.