The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Any reason why someone sold a gold recipe for 45g

Sawzallz
Sawzallz
✭✭✭
I found a double blood Mary gold.recipe In a guild trader for 45 gold, any reason why or did I just stole it?
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find. Hopefully it was the same person selling a camoran throne recipe for 500,000gold.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably typo while listing it.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a mistake? Happened to me too once...
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    I also found a trader selling 10 witches brew punch for 100g each kinda funny since people were selling it for 5k in the same guild :D
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people could have 15 or more of the Double Blood Mary gold recipe just sitting in their inventory and just don't care what they sell them for. Some gold recipes are just to easy to get once an event rolls around.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have alot of xp scroll recipes they don't want? Lol
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up the full assortment of New Life gold runeboxes a couple weeks ago for 150 each. I already have them all, and traders are littered with them with pricing anywhere from 5k-50k, but none of them are selling. For the money invested I figured it would make a nice gift to a new player/guildmate down the road who might have missed the festival. My guess is that gold recipe you got was just clogging up someone's bank and they wanted to offload it easy peasy.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Aw I want one :( oh well
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got it cheap, you did not really steal it. It normally lists for less than 1000 gold.

Stealing is buying a Bloodforge Motif Chapter for 35 gold and not 35,000 gold

Edited by Nestor on January 30, 2018 6:33PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guild stores of full of them, all listed at ludicrous prices
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes people opt to face-value items instead of vendoring or destroying them, in hopes someone can use.

it's kind of like having a pocket full of $100 bills when you're at a vending machine...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You got it cheap, you did not really steal it. It normally lists for less than 1000 gold.

I saw the Imperial Motif for sale at 5k about 8 months ago... pity I already knew it. Grabbed it anyway and passed it onto my friend (who did not already know it) at cost price... I guess if I was really nice I would have just given it to him.
    Sawzallz wrote: »
    I have two complete Psijic Ambrosia recipes sitting in my bank that I cannot be bothered listing.............. :p
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

I saw the Imperial Motif for sale at 5k about 8 months ago... pity I already knew it. Grabbed it anyway and passed it onto my friend (who did not already know it) at cost price... I guess if I was really nice I would have just given it to him.
    I have two complete Psijic Ambrosia recipes sitting in my bank that I cannot be bothered listing.............. :p

I will give you a high five for 1
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I live with the eternal hope that I will actually pick up the Aetherial Cipher at some point (without buying it) and will use one of them to learn it..... I don't need it but it would be nice to learn. When I last sold a Psijic recipe it was for 250k.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭

I live with the eternal hope that I will actually pick up the Aetherial Cipher at some point (without buying it) and will use one of them to learn it..... I don't need it but it would be nice to learn. When I last sold a Psijic recipe it was for 250k.

Fine 2 high fives jeez
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

where are you finding those 35k? on xbox na those are in the hundreds of thousands.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Console people are probably either swimming in game currency or the proportion of of players who can beat those dungeons is far smaller than on PC. On PC-EU I've even seen some pages below 20K.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Console people are probably either swimming in game currency or the proportion of of players who can beat those dungeons is far smaller than on PC. On PC-EU I've even seen some pages below 20K.

seeing as ive been in a plethora of groups that couldent succeed and a handful that could id say that statement about less of the population completing it is accurate.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they worth more than 45g? If so, I need to sell all the ones I have.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

seeing as ive been in a plethora of groups that couldent succeed and a handful that could id say that statement about less of the population completing it is accurate.

Well if you try to PuG from tool, even some base game dungeons would fail miserably, let alone DLC ones. If you play with a group of experienced players, like a PvE guild, the platform doesn't matter that much. For example I brought my Warden tank into those dungeons for the first time and beat the HM on 1st attempt, without any wipes. But the motif drops in non-HM too. I'd say both are quite easy without HM. The prices I'm seeing are quite low for that very reason, since people don't do the HM when farming them. For example I farmed VCoS and vRoM HM - drop is guaranteed only on HM for those - extensively last spring, but those motifs were going for as high as 60-80K as page. In the mean time those dungeons were nerfed and Mazzatun was or is still available in crown store, so there was some degree of saturation, but it was reached relatively late. I had long stopped by then due to sheer boredom. Now the prices have dropped to 20-30K, comparable to Dreadlorn and Bloodforge. The latter reached saturation much faster due to easier conditions.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

where are you finding those 35k? on xbox na those are in the hundreds of thousands.

Buoyant Armiger might be listed for six figures, but...

Bloodforge I've been picking up regularly for 38.5k on XB-NA. Most chapters are listed for 40-45k, so when I spot one I still need for <40k I tend to buy it.

Dreadhorn averages slightly less than Bloodforge from what I've seen. Silken Ring seems to be holding the strongest value on XB-NA, and I'm still about 5 chapters shy of completing that book.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All over the PC/NA marketplace, as low as 25K and I won't spend more than 30K on a chapter

https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/SearchResult?ItemID=&TradeType=Sell&ItemNamePattern=Bloodforge&ItemCategory1ID=&ItemCategory2ID=&ItemCategory3ID=&ItemTraitID=&ItemQualityID=&IsChampionPoint=false&LevelMin=&LevelMax=&MasterWritVoucherMin=&MasterWritVoucherMax=&AmountMin=&AmountMax=&PriceMin=&PriceMax=&SortBy=Price&Order=asc
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"