The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

My experience in PvP and especially Battlegrounds so far

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Snare, snare, snare, CC, CC, Roots, CC, CC, Rooots, snare, snare, CC, snare, snare, CC, CC, roots, snare, snare, snare.

Whomever at ZOS who thought that losing control of your character 90 % of a fight is great gameplay, ought to look for another job ..
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But hey, at least they are nerfing the duration of immovable pots next patch. 'Cause obviously that was what was needed :trollface:
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its pretty bad in bgs right now, i feel your pain.
    In the latest pts notes Gina Bruno mentioned that they are re-evaluating snares, particularly strong ones. Low slash is already seeing a nerf to its duration. Tbh it could lose the snare altogether, hands down the worst experience is fighting s/b tanks that spam reverb and heroic slash on rotation.
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh I hate battlegrounds. Once was more than enough- never again
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Snare, snare, snare, CC, CC, Roots, CC, CC, Rooots, snare, snare, CC, snare, snare, CC, CC, roots, snare, snare, snare.

Whomever at ZOS who thought that losing control of your character 90 % of a fight is great gameplay, ought to look for another job ..

You are a magdk, magdk is a CC and Snare machine.
    Maybe utilise your gapcloser it will actually help you against those snares.

And for the statement about CC immunity potions, i guess that's just lack of understanding but you already showed that in your last pvp posts
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heroic slash isn't too much of a problem, but every classes skill line has a ton of snares, snares on CC skills, snares on damage skills, snares on spammables.

Not to mention the bazillion of knockbacks, hard CCs and roots.

The sole reason why I'm doing battlegrounds is to get my dyes and achievement for some furnishings. That, and Cyrodiil is unplayable to me 80 % of the time, so battlegrounds is pretty much the only way for me to earn AP.

But I'd trade Battlegrounds for cyrodiil any day, if it wasn't for the horrible lag.

4 man premade teams coordinating on TS/Discord, designated roles and gear/skills, steamrolling every PUG. Premades aren't fun for anyone, except the premade group. They are the Zerg cancer of battlegrounds.

People who have no idea about mechanics, so that when you're on a losing team, you get people from the other losing team obviously more concerned about trying to kill you and pursue you everywhere, while the third team continues to win by taking flag, holding chaosball, stealing relics or whatever. Happens constantly, that people ignore mechanics and are more obsessed of making kills, even when not in a deathmatch.

Ugh, battlegrounds make me sick, I just wish I wasn't forced to do them if I want to get AP, due to unplayable Cyrodiil disconnects.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats fighting a Mag dk/snb stam dk in a nutshell :trollface:
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats fighting a Mag dk/snb stam dk in a nutshell :trollface:

And every NB, and every warden with a frost staff, and every Sorc with a destro staff, and every templar with a house, and ....

The DKs are actually the least of my trouble, all the mDKs and many sDKs I can safely just ignore, they deal too little damage and have no burst, so it's no big deal tanking them forever until they give up.
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭

You should build your toon to get around that. Basically:

Heavy? Forward momentum
    Medium? Evade, or FM if you have reliable heals
    Mag? Mist form + block
    Sorc? Streak away, or one of the above
    Templar? Front bar ritual to be able to spam it, or one of the above
    Warden: dunno, I have yet to level up a warden

In PvP you're a source of easy AP if you don't have tools against snares and CC.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

And for the statement about CC immunity potions, i guess that's just lack of understanding but you already showed that in your last pvp posts

wuuuhhhuuttt you talking about Willis?

Magdk only has janky ass chains as a single gap closer. Also you can't even count leap as one because its an ult. Nerve of these people talking down on my MagDk while im gone Smh.

Just spam flame reach to get the person far enough away for a combo of flame reach>Structured Entropy?>Heavy attack>Leap>Talon>Whip them to death...
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4 man premade teams coordinating on TS/Discord, designated roles and gear/skills, steamrolling every PUG. Premades aren't fun for anyone, except the premade group. They are the Zerg cancer of battlegrounds.

Eh, idk about the other servers, but seeing you're on PC EU, very few, if any, premades actually use synergizing builds/roles and the good ones hardly coordinate at all.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

Eh, idk about the other servers, but seeing you're on PC EU, very few, if any, premades actually use synergizing builds/roles and the good ones hardly coordinate at all.

There was one group of 4 people, queued in together, they stacked on top of one another in such a degree that can only be coordinated with voice communication. They were not more than a few meters apart, ever.

One of them was clearly the designated healer, the character did little to no damage, but spammed heals and had the Earthgore set equipped for maximum support, while the others were clearly spec'ed for DDing with massive damage, but little survivability (which they didn't need because of the healer and because they were always zerged together and never apart).

Suffice to say, they clearly facerolled both teams. That is perhaps the most efficient and coordinated BG group I have seen so far, and it was indeed very specialized in terms of roles and gear.

While other groups are not as extreme as this, it is still very clear when you see a 4 man premade group that coordinates on voice com, compared to a random PUG.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabormezo wrote: »

Heavy? Forward momentum
    Mag? Mist form + block

In PvP you're a source of easy AP if you don't have tools against snares and CC.

This, so much this. If not this, you don't belong in BGs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭

This was another reason I wont go back to battle grounds and I'm losing my enjoyment in normal pvp because of all this CC, its almost like some one on the development team has some kind of bondage fetish.
    Edited by jerj6925 on February 1, 2018 5:59AM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sirston wrote: »

wuuuhhhuuttt you talking about Willis?

Magdk only has janky ass chains as a single gap closer. Also you can't even count leap as one because its an ult. Nerve of these people talking down on my MagDk while im gone Smh.

Just spam flame reach to get the person far enough away for a combo of flame reach>Structured Entropy?>Heavy attack>Leap>Talon>Whip them to death...

Either you are just ignorant or repeat the same bull... you read on the forums over and over again.
    Chains are arguably the best gapcloser in the game:
    Fire damage
    Undodgeable
    Empowers your next hit
    Will move you even when you're rooted
    Has a high chance of proccing burning.

And they do work fine, i use them for 2 months now on my magdk and i never had any issues with them. They are no way as buggy as they were in Morrowind or Homestead
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    yea I just did my first random bg today and can honestly say that I either didn't enjoy it cuz I suck a lot more than I was aware of or I have the wrong skill bar set up but it seemed like less than a sec after contact with another player no matter what I tired I was dead.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So like, same as its always been cept maybe only worse b/c of immovable pot bug?

• JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    gabormezo wrote: »

Heavy? Forward momentum
    Mag? Mist form + block

This, so much this. If not this, you don't belong in BGs

Yeah. I remember using Repentance on my magicka Templar for the extra recovery and stamina for blocking. But I was a complete healtard. Ran against a build Deltia was testing on a stamina DK. He would CC me, and all I could do was spam BoL/Honor of the Dead. He messaged me later saying "Don't be a healtard, use Mist form". Some of the best advice I got when I first started playing magicka Templar.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either you are just ignorant or repeat the same bull... you read on the forums over and over again.
    Chains are arguably the best gapcloser in the game:

Say Whaaat?
    Just no dude. It's good, but not anywhere close to the best.
    Fire damage
    The damage is fairly negligible. It's nice, but its tooltip is lower than every other gapcloser.
    Undodgeable

AND unreflectable.

Except the damage pitiful, and thus the only good part of this skill being undodgeable is that you will always be pulled to the target... which is also true of every other gapcoser in the game.
    Empowers your next hit

On a class built for dots.

Crit rush : Free critical strike and significantly higher damage. Also vMA axe bleed.
    Invasion: Long-ass stun attached.
    Toppling Charge: Long-ass stun attached
    Lotus Fan: Significantly higher damage and applies a decent dot. (slightly more expensive to clast)
    Ambush: Significantly higher damage, cheaper, and applies an empower...on the highest-burst class in the game.
    Will move you even when you're rooted

All gapclosers do this.
    Has a high chance of proccing burning.

Not really. It has the same chance as any other fire skill, and since it is not a DoT it's pretty unlikely to do it. Thankfully we DKs have a ton of ways to apply burning.

In addition to that Empowering Grip...

1. Is unreliable: This ability shares a height restriction with unrelenting and firey grip, as the latter two skills used to be able to yank people off of walls. The height restriction on this skill is significantly less flexible than other gapclosers.
    2. Follows the ground: This ability shares this restriction with Crit Rush and Invasion. Toppling charge and Ambush/Lotus are not restricted in this manner, nor is Take Flight (which isn't counted here, but can be used to leap up a fair distance as long as you aren't trying to jump into a keep.)
    3. Applies Expedition and a snare: Two features in favor of Empowering, as they improve DK stickiness (a good thing! also probably why the OP is getting snared so much)

Overall Empowering is decent, and really the only option for a mDK, but in the grand scheme of things I would rate it fairly low on the gapcloser totem.

1. Crit Rush (By far the best gapcloser, and it's not class-specific which makes it frankly one of the best abilities in the game. Paired with a vMA axe and a double poison... it's a monster of a skill. It also is extremely reliable to fire.)
    2. Ambush and Lotus (These abilities are so core in nearly every nightblade's rotation for a reason. Occasional usability issues do not negate the excellent damage and buffs these skills give.)
    3. Invasion (This skill is only slightly better than empowering chains, mostly due to the long-ass stun from a long-range charge AND how reliably this skill fires. If you have another gapcloser on your bars, then they can be worth it. Non-class specific, so also rated a little higher for that reason.)
    4. Empowering Grip (The height restriction on this skill makes it annoying to use, plus on many DK builds I need to either remorph it constantly in order to PvE, or have the mDK be a pure PvP mDK. Not trash, but really not my favorite skill. It also hits like a wet noodle.)
    5. Toppling Charge (This skill does not like to trigger while the user is moving, the stun isn't always what you want to have tied to your charge, and frankly unless you are a melee magPlar with no weapon skills virtually everything else is better. MagPlars also generally don't like to rush AT people, instead setting up a their classical "snaring house of doom" The only time I've really used this is when I was doing a low-level stamPlar in Kyne with DW instead of 2H)
    Edited by Jamini on February 16, 2018 8:58PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the worst problem are the pre-formed groups. It's just not a fair play, plain and simple.

The only more or less enjoyable BGs are those entry sub 50 level. Why? Because people there are newcomers and playing is fun and fast. Sometimes all three teams can be equal so it can be unpredictable who's going to win till the very end.
    Veterans tend to know and abuse every glitch, every buff. And as I said, pre-formed groups are just toxic to all others.
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    I think the worst problem are the pre-formed groups. It's just not a fair play, plain and simple.

The only more or less enjoyable BGs are those entry sub 50 level. Why? Because people there are newcomers and playing is fun and fast. Sometimes all three teams can be equal so it can be unpredictable who's going to win till the very end.
    Veterans tend to know and abuse every glitch, every buff. And as I said, pre-formed groups are just toxic to all others.

Hahaha the 50 bgs are crowded by veterans which farm the few newbies
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TarrNokk wrote: »

Indeed. I saw that myself in the last couple of days... it wasn't like that before.
    Oh well, as all BGs, it's composed mostly of god-mode toxic groups. From "oh, this is a great, short and fast pvp action!" I went to completely ignoring BGs during CPs and this trend will probably continue even now in non-cp reversal. The amount of farming, tanks and all kinds of toxicity is overwhelming.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TarrNokk wrote: »

Indeed. I saw that myself in the last couple of days... it wasn't like that before.
    Oh well, as all BGs, it's composed mostly of god-mode toxic groups. From "oh, this is a great, short and fast pvp action!" I went to completely ignoring BGs during CPs and this trend will probably continue even now in non-cp reversal. The amount of farming, tanks and all kinds of toxicity is overwhelming.

Believe it or not, bad players will be bad regardless of if CP is turned on or not.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp