The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

What playstyle/class do you enjoy the most?

huschdeguddzje
huschdeguddzje
✭✭✭✭
I'm curious as I simply cannot decided

Best Answer

• Alqu
    Alqu
    ✭✭
    I actually prefer a tough dps hybrid. Merely adequate on both fronts.

If I run with a PUG, I don't do it because people want the triad, there I'll just run DPS.

While none of this is 100% optimal, basically I build the character close to recommended dps setups

When I run solo or with friends, I switch armor and skills to be the hybrid.

This would be quite cumbersome without addons. But with AlphaGear 2 addon, once set up, it is a simple 1 button click.

e.g.
    Main character is a stamNB. Attributes, skills, mundus, champions for the pure DPS role.
    For DPS, dual wield/bow skills pretty similar to either Deltia's or Alcast's build (thank you both, the do pawn)
    For my solo or friends' runs, some of the damage buff skills get replaces with shields, heals, and elude. More armor pieces have health on them. 5 heavy armor though with mostly DPS stats.

Of course this is all fairly typical in PvP and my PvP set up uses the same armor but different skills. Again, AlphaGear is great. 1 button for each.
    Edited by Alqu on January 30, 2018 7:46PM
    Alqu - Sneaky bosmer dps (sNB)
    Allqu - Whirling dervish redguard dps (Sorc)
    Ocuili - Devout dunmer templar burninator (Temp)
    Ocuilin - Secretive dunmer dps/heals (mNB)
    Tletl - Drunken orsimer tank (DK)
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar DPS. Stam DPS in general is my favorite role. :)
    Edited by Mic1007 on January 30, 2018 3:24PM
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Paganini
    Paganini
    ✭✭✭
    There are people, who enjoy playing only one class, and other people enjoy diversity. For example, i gor every class (except magsorc) as stamina and magicka char. I always play 2-3 chars parallel, because when i play only one character all the time, it's getting boring for me. Also iam always creating my own builds (pvp), so the setup fits perfect for me and playing makes a lot of fun (e. g. Iam currently playing my stam warden with bow on mainbar and s&b. While a lot of people told me this would suck, i really enjoy it and always having good fights at BG's).

You should just test every class till lvl 10, watch some gameplay videos of that class, and find the most interesting class for you. If you still can't decide: play both rotational and you'll find soon find the class that fits for you
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite playstyle is being ganked by a nightblade. Such a unique feeling having the supreme offensive class melting my character in mere seconds and the fact that they can cloak away just brings a tear to my face (out of joy or frustration who knows). Gee thanks ZoS for making the best offensive class also be the hardest class to kill.
    Options
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved the old Magplar, its so much fun to play. But since they overnerfed the Sustain with Morrowind everything got way less interessting.

Maybe the most funy to play right now is 2h Stamsorc in PVE, since its so different from all BIS setups.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    My favorite playstyle is being ganked by a nightblade. Such a unique feeling having the supreme offensive class melting my character in mere seconds and the fact that they can cloak away just brings a tear to my face (out of joy or frustration who knows). Gee thanks ZoS for making the best offensive class also be the hardest class to kill.

Wait till Soul Assault will be nerfed because of carebears... LOL :D
    Thats why one of my fav playstyles is gankerhunter :D pretend to be weak/afk/rookie then humiliate and force them to run away.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play Templar Healer since day one and still enjoy it the most. Healers in the endgame are forced into a pretty tight meta and it can get boring at times, but at some point I always come back to it.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been healing for years and always default to it. I don't mind do the occasional dps on the stamblade or magblade, but it's so terribly boring after a while.
    Options
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    • Pure Necromancer - Not they wannerbe type!!! (Only Poison/Disease/Ice based)
    • Shadow Knight - Like the Templar Knight for Necromancy (ONLY 1h/shield based)
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the tanking role. Used to really love my nightblade sap tank but it isn't as effective as it used to be. These days warden and dk are top tanks. I prefer warden for those two.

Sorceror stamina tanks are really fun but less effective for endgame
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

L2p
    Options
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always play the healer/support in games, whether it's a MOBA, RPG, class based FPS etc. etc.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I prefer stamina DPS, because I can somewhat control the flow of dungeon combat. I have a good tank and healer as well.
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious as I simply cannot decided

Stamblade, Werewolf PvP build
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guilty pleasure is my heavily armoured tank dps, a stamina dk although running round a dungeon some folks think it’s magic instead, I don’t do vet content anymore, got bored of waiting to do perfectly straightforward content while the rest of the group endlessly bickered and swore at each other, no one ever had reason to criticise me but I get tired of arguments between pillocks, now she helps new players through normal dungeons and trials and I can honestly say I’ve never enjoyed a game more.

Still remember my favourite line in chat that a guild mate sent me, “we got a couple of first timers doing white gold tower, any chance you could bring The Lady? May be in need of a very large hammer.”
    Options
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ranged magicka dps is where the fun is at. Give me any class that has a nice fluid, fairly active rotation. My fully ranged magicka templar is my favourite at the moment.

Healing is too passive, it's quite boring. Tanking is only enjoyable with mates, never with pugs.
    Options
  • Talrol
    Talrol
    ✭✭✭
    I love healing, have been a healer in every game that I've ever played. The problem with your question though is that you want to see what others say their favorites are to help you decide what you want to play which leads to a flawed selection system as you will have too many varied responses leaving you right where you were to begin with :)
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always like two playstyles better then others in any game I go for...

-stealthy rogue-type class (in ESO, a stamina Nightblade)
    -long range caster class (in ESO, magica sorceror without pets)

In every game that allows those, I will make a character along these lines, sometimes more daggerstabby, sometimes more spellcasty... depends on the setting, but in games where I have mutliple characters, I usualyl go for both types. If I had to evaluate them, I'd say I maaybe like the sneaky style a little bit more...
    Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer a ranged playstyle over a melee playstyle and that's mostly because of survivability.
    Options
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Templar.

I don 't know that I do enough damage to "qualify" as a DPS, but I'm not a Healer, Support, or a Tank, so I guess DPS is the only one left.

I just go in and work my rotation until whatever it is, is dead.

I don't know... I just play the game.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

Options
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't tend to play any "one" style. I like to mix it up. I played a feral druid in WoW. Was raid off-tank and DPS . (before they screwed the game up with pandas). I like tanking, ranged DPS, and Melee DPS. Since I'm not a very good healer, I'll leave that to the others.

When a new game comes out, my first character is usually a "rogue" type character that is ranged and can stealth. That way I can explore without worrying about constantly fighting. If I do end up in combat, I can keep everything away from me.
    Options
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Wait till Soul Assault will be nerfed because of carebears... LOL :D
    Thats why one of my fav playstyles is gankerhunter :D pretend to be weak/afk/rookie then humiliate and force them to run away.
    Block, block cast heal, kill.

Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    Anything clutch.
    My wife and I duo a lot, the best fun is being outnumbered and fighting through it.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play mDK more than anything else, but I need to find a backup plan. I have a billion characters, but most I haven't spent enough time playing to know if I like them all that much. My Bosmer stam DK is fine and I do ALL content on that character. But I am not sure I want to dedicate taking her to PvP.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options