The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

VMA

NiteAdder
NiteAdder
✭✭✭
Still no bow drop for me at all . 60 runs in 2 months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Has anyone had this happen to them in vma ??????
  • Sabbathius
    Sabbathius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course. Drops are RNG, and RNG has no memory. You could do a hundred runs and not get it. It's incredibly unlikely, but entirely possible.

Try to communicate to ZOS that this kind of thing isn't fun, and get them to introduce a token system so that you can actually get what you need. But people have been telling them that for literally years, and so far we've been duly ignored.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call BS. I always pull a bow.
  • NiteAdder
    NiteAdder
    ✭✭✭
    Not bull . Not one bow in 60 runs .
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NiteAdder wrote: »
    Still no bow drop for me at all . 60 runs in 2 months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Has anyone had this happen to them in vma ??????

Yup lol. I got 2 sharp firestaves before my first bow.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NiteAdder wrote: »
    Not bull . Not one bow in 60 runs .

i lost count of how many times ive done VMSA

I got like 5 bow in sharp precise ect and everything else EXCEPT 1 LIGHTING STAFF!!!!

i would trade all of the bows and everything i got for one just ONE LIGHTING STAFF damm it!

raise-your-hand-if-youve-ever-felt-personally-victimized-by-17812209.png
    Edited by ForsakenSin on January 30, 2018 2:45AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it only 3 times. Got a precise light staff, a sharpened fire staff, and a nirn bow.
  • Etrella
    Etrella
    ✭✭✭
    Im starting to think, the game just knows what you want and gives you the complete opposite. I can fill up a quarter or my inventory with VMA bows that I got with my sorc.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it only 3 times. Got a precise light staff, a sharpened fire staff, and a nirn bow.

Facebook-620980.png
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a bow my first run, an inferno shortly after. Never, in all the times I've run vma, have I gotten a lightning staff. Today I got a charged axe and a decisive dagger.

And yet, I will be doing the same thing tomorrow. And the day after that, and the day after that...
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even want to do it once cause I'll get mad at the rng
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have completed VMA... nearly once.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG is RNG took me 400 runs 100 of which was before it gave you 100% chance to get a weapon for me to Get my inferno staff.
  • hondelink
    hondelink
    ✭✭✭
    I feel your pain, was around 55 runs to get my lightning staff, still don't have an inferno.
    It's like the game is somehow spying on you and what your after.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has a weapon that just won't drop.

Everyone except that one guy.

F..k that guy.
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run it on a MagSorc. All you get are perfect bows, 2H melee, sword and board, 1H weapons :(

I've had 1 inferno destro in about 100 runs lol.

Forget the weopon just enjoy running it.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharpened lightning staff first time.

Just sayin'
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm the game does not hold back on weapons that you need. I main stamina builds and completed my first vma run on my stamsorc, and my very first weapon I got was a sharpened bow:)
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm the game does not hold back on weapons that you need. I main stamina builds and completed my first vma run on my stamsorc, and my very first weapon I got was a sharpened bow:)

No, it's just RNG, which means you could potentially run the thing for your whole life and still not get the thing you need.

Having fun yet ?
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • loic-munckb16_ESO
    With my magsorc I have looted 1 fire staff (energised) for the next update, and 3 bow ( 2 precise and 1 nirn) for my stamblade in ,approximately, 45 runs.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    The first few times I ran in I got like 5 inferno staff one after the other... which was what i was looking for, at the time not the right trait.

Now I have everything, just did like 12 runs in a day to get the lightning staff that I needed. Only ever got 1 bow though... ;o

RNG be RNG boys. Just keep running, get faster, get leaderboard runs ....
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get bows...daggers...and poop

Not a single staff drop...ever. At this point, I would even rock the healing staff on my damage dealers
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200~ runs on record, still no fire staff here! I gave up and stuck to using a Lightning staff :D
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get bows...daggers...and poop

Not a single staff drop...ever. At this point, I would even rock the healing staff on my damage dealers

I actually had this particular problem myself in my farming of Maelstrom Weapons. It wasn’t until my clears in the 90’s that my first staff dropped. It was a sharpened restoration staff. Then a few runs after that, I got another restoration staff. I think precise was next. A few runs later, and my first destruction staff had dropped. An ice staff. An ice staff in infused. Lol. A hundred or so later, and my first inferno staff dropped. It wasn’t until a year later that I finally got my first lightning staff (from weekly leaderboard rewards). A nirnhoned one to boot, which at the time was useless as sharpened was still not nerfed, and precise was viewed as superior to nirnhoned.

Ready for the kicker...?

I probably have 700-ish clears (though I haven’t done VMA in months now), and I never once had a precise or sharpened inferno staff drop for me. Nor sharpened lightning staff. And that’s from both the final chest, as well as from weekly leaderboard rewards. I had to transmute 1 of my crappy old staves in order to obtain those staves in said traits.

VMA was always crappy to me regarding RNG. Because you see, originally it wasn’t a guarantee to have a weapon drop for you in Maelstrom Arena. And I originally only wanted staves, and didn’t care too much about the stamina weapons. And guess what the game decided to give me? Stamina weapons. And see, the original traits were: Defending, precise, and sharpened. Then when they made weapons a guaranteed drop, they introduced traits like: Infused, nirnhoned, etc. So by the time I had received my first destruction staff, I had already gotten pretty much every stamina weapon in every possible trait variation. Lol. Then in multiples to boot. And to this day, I have more stamina weapons than anything. But to be specific, bows and daggers. Bows and daggers dropped for me like candy.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on January 30, 2018 12:33PM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The more you want an item, the less likely it will drop - sod's law! :D
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • sampol212
    sampol212
    ✭✭✭
    This arena is just a waste of time. Too much lottery in it! Too much effort and time invested and no reasonable rewards. I done some runs and got only blue *** items that I can't even sell. Pointless...
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only completed vMA a few times just for the clear. Got lucky and got a bow on my first run..... But I dread the day when I finally get my MD destro and have to start farming vMA for the lightning staff.

I will probably get a few flawless before any destro if I know my rng right.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish the arena would just reward you with weapons based on what you have equipped on your bars. The most simple solution of them all. Or give players tokens if you really want them to waste their time so bad. Just *** the RNG crap already.
    Edited by Nyladreas on January 30, 2018 1:50PM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    Everyone has a weapon that just won't drop.

Everyone except that one guy.

F..k that guy.

you're welcome :smiley:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shhhh. I’m that guy. To be fair though, I have a mag and Stam version of every class, to they all can get used.

I’ve ran less than 20 times, but all Stam toons have a bow to call their own and I got a few lightning and Inferno. 2 S/B, 1 Frost, 1 resto, but most sadly only got 1 2H.

It might not even be that great anymore, but the Maelstrom 2H is the coolest looking weapon in the game IMO. I’d like to have a few more of them, but they drop the least for me.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sampol212 wrote: »
    This arena is just a waste of time. Too much lottery in it! Too much effort and time invested and no reasonable rewards. I done some runs and got only blue *** items that I can't even sell. Pointless...

@_@

If the items are blue you're running it on normal...