The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Broken audio in full screen with new nvidia drivers

Darcwolf
Darcwolf
✭✭✭
Running windows 10 on a 1080ti, running hdmi out to a denon stereo that passes through to my 4k tv. Problem is since the latest nvidia update (390.77) I lose audio completely when starting the game in full screen mode, this includes exiting the game and going back to windows. In order to fix it I need to select realtek audio as default audio, then switch back to nvidia high definition audio, then sound works again in windows until I try to start the game again. This only happens in ESO, I tried a couple other games, (ark and gta v) both work fine with audio in full screen mode.
  • Gorphus
    Gorphus
    Soul Shriven
    I have this problem too, running Windows 10 with a 970. My audio goes through my surround sound receiver.

9 out of 10 times when starting a game, I see my receiver 'receiving' a stereo signal instead of the 5.1 signal, resulting in no audio at all. I have to start the game between 1 and 10 times to get it to work, because sometimes it receives the right audio signal.
    Edited by Gorphus on January 31, 2018 11:07AM
  • dragonz868
    dragonz868
    ✭✭
    Yep me too. I updated last night no sound in ESO all other sound on computer works perfect!! 970 hdmi to Yamaha 6090. But yes in windowed mode sound works....
    Edited by dragonz868 on January 31, 2018 3:43PM