Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

NPC's chatting when turning in daily crafting writs, how to turn off/on?

woufff
woufff
✭✭✭✭
I don't remember how/where to turn on or off that the NPC's are talking to me when turning in my daily crafting writs?

Should be somewhere in the settings, but having searched for quite a while, I'm unable to find it back. I'm using Dolgubon's wonderful addon 'Lazy Writ Creator', could it be there? Or in another addon?

Anyway, I'm desperate :'( (well maybe not desperate but close ;))

thanks for any hint B)
PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this is really an issue?

Personally, I like the casual NPC banter on writ turn-ins.

There isn’t an add-on that “muffles” certain NPCs.

But, you have a couple of options:

1. Change your writ turn-in location to a quieter place ... Shornhelm is one example.

2. Turn the in-game audio volume down in the settings. This could be the main volume or for background volume ... your choice.

• woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, thanks for your answer.

Second, I didn't express myself properly, sorry for this. I have noticed that in some locations (e.g. Riften) the NPC doesn't talk to me whilst in others (with other chars, the writ-crafting chars always staying at the same location) he does. I was under the impression that I did something to change this and I wanted to turn them "on" again, like you wrote I kinda like it to actually that they're talking to me, although the tune could change sometimes ;)

Now if you're saying that there are quieter locations, that would explain of course. I will do some research on this :)
    Edited by woufff on January 28, 2018 6:43PM
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NPCs in Vulkhel Guard are the most annoying to me.

Yeah, Shornhelm is a good place to turn them in.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But but ...

You do not wish to know if the Argonian ever managed to float out of Craglorn?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But but ...

You do not wish to know if the Argonian ever managed to float out of Craglorn?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I certainly want to know if they finally let Finedrin go (or maybe hang him) at some point. ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, there are addons that can "ease the pain" in terms of chatter during turning in writs.

First, there's "Harven's Mute NPCs" which (among other things) sets dialog volume to zero for NPC text after you've heard it once. Note though that this applies to all NPCs, e.g. also to dungeon bosses, so if you use their dialog for combat cues, you want to be careful with this addon. Also I've found that sometimes it does not set the volume back to the old value properly. Its option to specifically mute banker dialog works well though. :)

Then there's the "Lazy Writ Crafter", which does not mute NPCs, but greatly speeds up the process of turning in writs by automatically doing the crafting and interaction with the delivery chests.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    Then there's the "Lazy Writ Crafter", which does not mute NPCs, but greatly speeds up the process of turning in writs by automatically doing the crafting and interaction with the delivery chests.

That would than be the reason in my case and answers the question - thanks :)