The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crown Mimic Stones Not Working... (Resolved)

VycDarkshadow
VycDarkshadow
✭✭✭
Got a Crown Mimic Stone, and went to make me a Skinchanger staff (I've learned every Skinchanger motif in the game, btw). My understanding is that Mimic Stones let you craft in any style you know, without actually needing the physical item (no Tainted Blood to make Assassins League, for example). I don't generally keep a lot of mats on me, as I don't craft nearly as often as I used to.

When I go to make my staff, my Styles list is...blank. Nothing is lit up. Not even Argonian, and my crafter IS ONE! No option to use my Mimic Stone, either.

Do I need a copy of the original style material to use the Mimic Stone? Is my Mimic Stone glitched? Am I doing something wrong?
Edited by VycDarkshadow on January 30, 2018 12:33AM
Vyc Ðarkshådøw
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be an option to check to use mimic stones. Once checked all the styles you know will open up for selection in the crafting UI. If not, maybe try disabling any add-ons. Perhaps one is conflicting.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot:

OxBhngE.jpg
    Edited by JasonSilverSpring on January 27, 2018 3:42PM
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no you dont need style mats if you are using a a mimic stone,make sure you know the style for the item you are trying to craft
    Edited by method__01 on January 27, 2018 3:43PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• VycDarkshadow
    VycDarkshadow
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by VycDarkshadow on January 27, 2018 4:35PM
    Vyc Ðarkshådøw
  • VycDarkshadow
    VycDarkshadow
    ✭✭✭
    And good call, Jason! Disabled "No, Thank You!", and the option showed up. I'll have to adjust its settings. Thanks!
    Vyc Ðarkshådøw
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And good call, Jason! Disabled "No, Thank You!", and the option showed up. I'll have to adjust its settings. Thanks!

Glad to help. I think no thank you has an option to hide the option to use mimic stones.
  • VycDarkshadow
    VycDarkshadow
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it did, and I turned that option off now. Able to see Mimic Stones now. Thanks for the assist!
    Vyc Ðarkshådøw
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Glad to help. I think no thank you has an option to hide the option to use mimic stones.

Thank you for this. I've been puzzling disabling ad-dons, stowing and unstowing mimic stones, I never thought to look at "No, Thank You!" settings.