The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Make alliance lock a thing already ps4 na

Jake1576
Jake1576
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm so irritated with explaining why we need it on ps4 na we just do i don't feel like explaining something over and over again and it isn't even being considered just make alliance lock where you cant play on no other color in any campaign until a month is over then allow people to switch
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    I'm so irritated with explaining why we need it on ps4 na we just do i don't feel like explaining something over and over again and it isn't even being considered just make alliance lock where you cant play on no other color in any campaign until a month is over then allow people to switch

Jesus, use some punctuation.

That is a non-issue. It isn't on PC, and not on console, because you should be allowed to enjoy other alliances if you choose. Say you have a friend that's AD and you want to run IC with them; well, you shouldn't be precluded from doing so.

What reasoning could you possibly have for denying someone that right? Their fun is leveraged against YOUR die-hard fanaticism for alliance allegiance? If you're taking Cyrodil that seriously, you need to really step away from the game for a while.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a non-issue. It isn't on PC, and not on console, because you should be allowed to enjoy other alliances if you choose. Say you have a friend that's AD and you want to run IC with them; well, you shouldn't be precluded from doing so.

What reasoning could you possibly have for denying someone that right? Their fun is leveraged against YOUR die-hard fanaticism for alliance allegiance? If you're taking Cyrodil that seriously, you need to really step away from the game for a while.

Because losing sucks and needs something done about it i ain't going to change my mind this is an extreme problem on ps4 na and needs to be fixed hell if they want ppll to be able to play with their friends just remove all alliances from pvp at least that way ppl won't care about the campaign anymore
    Edited by Jake1576 on January 27, 2018 1:40AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This. All of it.

• Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because loosing sucks and needs something done about it i ain't going to change my mind this is an extreme problem on ps4 na and needs to be fixed hell if they want ppll to be able to play with their friends just remove all alliances from pvp at least that way ppl won't care about the campaign anymore

It's a game so yeah you lose sometimes. So be the underdog or don't. How the map rolls is part of the game too. Have fun either way. :)
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because loosing sucks and needs something done about it i ain't going to change my mind this is an extreme problem on ps4 na and needs to be fixed hell if they want ppll to be able to play with their friends just remove all alliances from pvp at least that way ppl won't care about the campaign anymore

It's a game so yeah you lose sometimes. So be the underdog or don't. How the map rolls is part of the game too. Have fun either way. :)

No i can't just go to another alliance just because they have the majority of the map. i'm not wired that way especially since all my friends are on the alliance i play. It would be better off in my opinion if they was to rework pvp as to where there aren't any alliances any longer. Idk how but anything would be better then the way it is setup now. Since it doesn't seem alliance lock is ever going to happen.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made this forum post out of irritation mostly. i mean are alliance had three bars ad and we had the whole map almost. getting ready to crown a friend of mine emperor. and out of nowhere all the players that was ad and was pushing the map switched over to dc. and in a matter of 5 minutes we had no keeps and was gated. i just think it's a little ridiculous that this sort of thing is possible.
  • Kagetenchu
    Kagetenchu
    ✭✭✭
    It used to be that campaigns were locked to faction pre 1 tamriel. It would be nice to go back to those days
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the leveling changes since the removal of veteran ranks it has made able to create many different characters for different alliances much easier. Back then you would stick to creating a character in one alliance because it was hell on earth to level one and not being able to play with your friends did not seemed like a logical preferable thing to do. Now it doesn't matter just reach level 50 and that's it.
    Edited by Kalante on January 27, 2018 2:34AM
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be allowed to faction jump so that you can play with friends, it really is a non issue especially if all AP gains are invalidated for the remainder of the campaign,, IE: before the new campaign starts have a chat with your friends and decide what alliance you will be supporting and gain lots of AP, but jump alliance in a current campaign to "play with friends" and from that point on DON'T have any AP awarded. after all you jumped to "play with friends".. there, problem solved.Or you could all go into a guest campaign... simples!
    Edited by supaskrub on January 27, 2018 2:41AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because losing sucks and needs something done about it i ain't going to change my mind this is an extreme problem on ps4 na and needs to be fixed hell if they want ppll to be able to play with their friends just remove all alliances from pvp at least that way ppl won't care about the campaign anymore

How does not having an account locked to one alliance per campaign make you lose? Just because a small percentage may play in more than one alliance does not make your alliance lose.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not enough campaigns now for that. You've got Vivec, Shor and then only the no-CP one. If you play all your characters it would make it really difficult for you. Especially if, like me, you only play during the day when it's not so busy. It's so dead on anything but Vivec it's just not worth bothering!
    PS4 EU
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    Not enough campaigns now for that. You've got Vivec, Shor and then only the no-CP one. If you play all your characters it would make it really difficult for you. Especially if, like me, you only play during the day when it's not so busy. It's so dead on anything but Vivec it's just not worth bothering!

And when there were enough campaigns each alliance had it's own campaign except one that actually had PvP. Alliance lock was bad for the game from the start and no one has presented anything real to suggest not having an alliance lock is detrimental. They merely state they feel it is not good.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I made this forum post out of irritation mostly. i mean are alliance had three bars ad and we had the whole map almost. getting ready to crown a friend of mine emperor. and out of nowhere all the players that was ad and was pushing the map switched over to dc. and in a matter of 5 minutes we had no keeps and was gated. i just think it's a little ridiculous that this sort of thing is possible.

Well someone noticed u had the map. Becoming empy is not about skill but skill and politics. You will have another shot, good luck :)
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except playing with friends isn't what is going on. What is going on is players are dog piling on one alliance to completely control the number one position and after securing that are jumping back to their second favorite alliance making sure they secure second place leaving one alliance always in the dust with no population. If you have not experienced what is going on on PS4 NA Vivec you have no idea of the magnitude of the problem.

Or is it that friends are always on the winning side?

A requirement to play one alliance per campaign would solve this problem and if you truly want to play with friends you could do it the next campaign. The IC thing is a separate issue as IC should be divorced from the main campaign anyway.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets leave pvp the way it is,
    Swap campaign when it gets hard
    Swap sides when your zerg is losing
    Swap back to keep farming that AP.

While your at it remove groups altogether. Dont need them, Everyone wants to be a "1vX"er anyway.

Does that sound like "fun"?? Yeah pvp needs a overhaul, very very badly. Account lock server base system is better. Guild wars 2 has it for their wvw (what cyrodiil copied). And its been working for them. Wished just wished that game was on console
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fact is the faction imbalance on PS4 is the absolute worst it's ever been and ZOS refuses to even acknowledge they need to fix the underdog bonus. If you aren't a blue in Vivec, all you can do is capture empty resources or get zerged down by 400 blue. Shor isn't any better even if I wanted to switch
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been back and forth on this, but right now I do agree with the OP.

The whole letting people play with their mates gig is fine, but when you see people flipping resources and keeps, switching alliances. Have toons in the top ten on all alliances, take emp back and forth on same dead campaign its a bit ridiculous. Plus the whole spying element which isn't paranoia does happen.

It's not about winning, and appreciate it is a game, but most of the nefarious alliance switching behaviour purely looks and feels like out right cheating, and that's just demotivating for others (in particular new) players.

And you see the behaviour spread, people start thinking well if you cant beat em join them, and so it continues.

My fix would be lock the 7 day campaigns, and probably make Sotha a 7 day too. Leave Vivec so then both sides happy.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe to balance things out the one or two losing alliances, in a campaign, get more NPC Defenders who can use more skills and are more aggressive in defending remaining locations.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you please stop posting in general chat? Use the correct section of the forum.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And it’s a bloody game, @Jake1576.
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Perfect example of the cross faction abuse for pvp is going on right now on PS4 NA.

Most of the afternoon/evening Vivic is pop locked and map goes back and forth between all factions. Good stuff.

Right now, DC has a hefty 6k lead on the scoreboard and the result? DC pop locked, AD and Ep are low on numbers and are both gated...

This never happens except when campeign is a week from ending and everyone jumps on the winning team bandwagon to hit tier 3 rewards.

The pvp sucked, sucks, and will continue to suck until addressed.

After everyone was gated EP and AD were MIA with a pop locked DC wondering why this has happened.

Provide us a server where you have to stay committed to the alliance you choose for it's duration please.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The underdog bonus needs to be buffed. Like GoodFella said, blue on ps4 na control vivec.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazerlaz wrote: »
    Perfect example of the cross faction abuse for pvp is going on right now on PS4 NA.

Most of the afternoon/evening Vivic is pop locked and map goes back and forth between all factions. Good stuff.

Right now, DC has a hefty 6k lead on the scoreboard and the result? DC pop locked, AD and Ep are low on numbers and are both gated...

This never happens except when campeign is a week from ending and everyone jumps on the winning team bandwagon to hit tier 3 rewards.

The pvp sucked, sucks, and will continue to suck until addressed.

After everyone was gated EP and AD were MIA with a pop locked DC wondering why this has happened.

Provide us a server where you have to stay committed to the alliance you choose for it's duration please.

this might be the worst campaign we've had in the last year or so...even when AD won by like 10k points a few months ago it felt more balanced...

EP just feels like there's hardly any allies out on the map to fight with, and AD isn't the most fun right now either cuz they're constantly being gated...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People who cross faction collaborate and clog up the queues so legit players cant get in are taking the game just as seriously. Should tell them to step away too.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of what is going on in PS4-NA Vivec could easily have been avoided/prevented, if ZOS truly cared about the state of PvP. It’s embarrassing to say the least about what is currently occurring. It really is. All ZOS had to do was faction-lock accounts regarding PvP, and or put in some relatively serious punishments for swapping alliances during the campaigns. And voila. Problems solved for the most part. Although of course there are a few more things required to fix PvP as a whole however.

And while ZOS has to take some of the blame, we the player base have to take some of the blame as well. Too many times have I seen players encouraging cross-alliance dealings, and things such as: Emperor-sharing/trading, alliances working together, scroll trading (people running scrolls to the enemy alliance), etc. Too many times have I seen in zone chat, things along the lines of: “My buddy is a DC player. and said they’d help us if bring them EP’s scroll.” Or something like: “Hey, ____ is currently bombing for us as an AD. It doesn’t matter if he’s mainly a DC player normally, as he is usually emperor across all 3 factions! He’s helping us win this campaign!” Then a few days later: “You know what? You were right about ____... He only did what he did, because someone paid him to do so. He doesn’t give a damn about us AD.”

So it’s actually the fault of both ZOS and the players. ZOS for not foreseeing the detrimental effects of alliance-swapping and emperor-sharing/trading, and the players for introducing and tolerating politics and rules made by these cross-alliance guilds who govern PvP. How as a video game developer do you sit back and be at ease with half of your game being filled with: Exploits, player-made politics, lag, s***-tier balance, etc.? How?

Well... I suppose on the bright side, I personally don’t have to set foot in Cyrodiil for anything again. And I’m so happy about this fact. PS4-NA PvP was always a nightmare since the Imperial City DLC went live, but was tolerated for the time being. Nowadays? Years later? Not even worth entering queue for, unless you need Caltrops or Vigor. And even then, I’d highly recommend to leave as soon as those skills were obtained.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Except playing with friends isn't what is going on. What is going on is players are dog piling on one alliance to completely control the number one position and after securing that are jumping back to their second favorite alliance making sure they secure second place leaving one alliance always in the dust with no population. If you have not experienced what is going on on PS4 NA Vivec you have no idea of the magnitude of the problem.

A requirement to play one alliance per campaign would solve this problem and if you truly want to play with friends you could do it the next campaign. The IC thing is a separate issue as IC should be divorced from the main campaign anyway.

I don’t think anyone is doing that at all. That’s such a nonsensical generalization I almost think your joking. I play on PS4 NA, EP. Have been playing since thus game dropped on console. Have never, and I mean NEVER, seen anything at all like you describe. And I’m in the two absolute top PvP guilds for EP on PS4.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think anyone is doing that at all. That’s such a nonsensical generalization I almost think your joking. I play on PS4 NA, EP. Have been playing since thus game dropped on console. Have never, and I mean NEVER, seen anything at all like you describe. And I’m in the two absolute top PvP guilds for EP on PS4.

I think you don't have clue then or play with your eyes closed.
    Top guilds? They disappeared on EP PS4 Vivec NA so that is how far out of touch you are.
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 27, 2018 7:21PM
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭

I think you don't have clue then or play with your eyes closed.
    Top guilds? They disappeared on EP PS4 Vivec NA so that is how far out of touch you are.

Top guilds there CURRENTLY. You know what relativism is I presume, nay, hope? What you’re describing is much like the “widespread voter fraud” touted by some politicians. No factual basis, and the actual % of that occurring is less than 1%.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on PS4 NA, EP. Have been playing since this game dropped on console. Have never, and I mean NEVER, seen anything at all like you describe. And I’m in the two absolute top PvP guilds for EP on PS4.

based on the Ebonheart Pact's performance over the last couple of years in Scourge and Vivec - yikes :p

granted - DC and AD seem to share a lot of the same player base...

not quite sure why so many players have something against the Ebonheart Pact - maybe it's a dumner thing...

I thought though most the large well organized EP pvp guilds primarily stayed in Shor...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place