The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update suggestion/idea for Veteran dungeons to bring competitively for endgame players.

Akagami94
Akagami94
✭✭✭
Introduction:
For the new upcoming Dragonbones DLC, Zenimax will add new 2 new dungeons. These 2 dungeons will be played alot for the first few days/weeks. But after that they'll become dungeons for players just to farm item sets in normal modes or completely ignored by most average players. That counts for all the dungeons. For PvP players like me and alot of Pve players, these dungeons are becoming just another grind to get the undaunted skill to 9. These dungeons are actually fun content to do regularly but Zenimax doesn't add much competitively to the players. So i have a idea that maybe work to add this competitively.

My Idea:
So to add competitively in these dungeon, We can showcase the fastest time that they clear the dungeon on Veteran HM difficulty. The time and by whom players are displayed on the dungeon finder menu when u select a specific dungeon, with the Guild who cleared the dungeon and the players with their @names (Character names, like in the friendlists) and roles they used to to clear dungeon and how many time's they died (Each death should give a 5 seconds penalty) This is to prevent players will skip all the adds in order to get the fastest time.)
When the fastest time is achieved by a guild, there will be a system announcement for example [Dungeon clear! Ruins of Mazzatun has been cleared by ''Guild name'' with the time of 17:23.97 seconds!] So that everyone can check in the dungeon finder witch players achieved the time. (to add a little fame for players) Same announcement could be implemented for the nr1 spots for Mealstrom Arena and veteran Trials.
How does this work? The timer starts at the same time as the speed challenges achievements and end when the final boss dies. After looting the boss or chest a popup will showup for the Group leader. he can select witch guild has cleared the dungeon. And Selects the rolls for each players. (This is because in some dungeons, there's no need to bring a healer) and after submit, the announcement will show in chat and/or on screen.

To add more depths into the times, zenimax can also add how much dmg they've done, how much healing and how much damage they've been taken. They can also add how fast they killed each boss, and to add some flavor they can show a picture of the bosses with the imposing results.

Conclusion

I'd really think this would bring more competitively into the game. But also for guilds that already achieved world records, would like the idea. At this time, they'll have to post the results on the forums and Youtube, for a few people to see but with this all of eso community will be notified of their achievement.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't get purple jewelry in normal mode.

And no one is looking into the rankings (when was the last time you looked at VMA ranking for example?)

Also no one is grinding hard dungeons for undaunted. I level undaunted now too and the group never forms for hard pledges (I play at midnight)

If all dungeons will get harder then pledges will be cleared only on normal mode - and jewelry will be farmed with the groups specifically set up for farming - Which means the dungeons will be even more empty.
    Edited by Didgerion on January 26, 2018 10:55PM