The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Combat Update - January 2018

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't we at least know what is being done about off balance?

And is anything being done about the block cost changes *** over Pve for the sake of PvP (AGAIN)?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    #MOREORBS
  • rush1776
    rush1776
    Soul Shriven
    whats the purpose of imposing delay on off balance? doesn't make sense. yeah stamina dds heavy attack damage is so high and should be adjusted but removing off balance would make it even worse. it will destroy small diversity we had. we will see 8 nightblade dds in raids.
    morrowind changes forced people to go with heavy attack builds to begin with. not because its fun but because you must heavy attack a lot to sustain. by nerfing off balance uptime to ground, you are not making it useful for everyone like you said, instead you are making it useless for everyone. 20 sec cooldown is overkill.
    Edited by rush1776 on January 27, 2018 6:56AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monthly reminder that the Stamina Dragonknight is still sitting all alone in Bruma and watching all the stamdens on his wheelchair. It is been 8 months since he took a nerf to the knee, give him a visit already ZOS!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is magicka warden still completely useless in PvE, 8 months after release?

Here is my quarterly update on how wardens (all roles) are doing in PvE. Let's look at the top-100 leader boards for the three newest trials (PC/NA):

vMoL: 0 wardens
    vHoF: 0 wardens
    vAS: 3 wardens

Care to explain?
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 27, 2018 5:46AM
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give me back 6 Kutas because I can't use the block cost lowering enchants from now.

Tbh I'm really upset because they don't even think about adjusting (if not reverting) the block cost changes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abilities that fall outside of our Block and Dodge rulesets.

Please look at bird. Also can you add more projectiles to reflected list. Specifically add bird and pulse because they are some heavy offenders. Bird dealing high unreflectable damage and pulse spammed from afar with status effects.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Improve interrupt rulesets so that there is more interesting and tactical interrupt gameplay
    The interrupt mechanic worked perfectly for almost 4 years now.
    And now it is not more interesting. You just have uninterruptible channeled skills now.
    On a different note, we’d like to talk to you about our future plans for these combat updates. We’ve seen some great conversation come out of these (and we thank you all for staying constructive as we asked). Starting after this combat update, we will be shifting to doing these quarterly rather than monthly. As you’ve noticed, most of our major combat changes arrive in our quarterly game updates, and we’d like to utilize our written combat updates to give you an early look at what we’re planning.

Nonsense - then we will just read you PTS notes then, why bother compiling those combat updates!?
    The whole point of these combat updates is to keep community updated on the planned changes and to give feedback.

I think that there should be no schedule on Combat Updates. Just put them on the forum when you guys decide to change something.

Edited by Didgerion on January 28, 2018 5:09PM
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay......not much info there. We need class balance, Cyrodil updates, lag addressed etc etc. Will the next quarter update address such issues?

To be fair, Cyrodiil updates and lag/performance/latency aren't handled by the Combat Team (and these are updates specifically for combat-related things). That said, agree we could do a better job messaging these other updates out to everyone, and we'll work on putting something together for you.

Thank you but....who is in charge of Cyrodil? They need monthly updates. I don't wanna be disrespectful here Gina. But let me explain.......the combat team and Cyrodil team need to have lunch together and please let them read the forums. Just a great day at cracker barrel ordering some meat loaf and discussing why Stam warden can escape a whole zerg then turn around and burst four of the guys that followed down in 3 seconds. Honestly it's not the burst that's the problem. They need it as they have no dot action going on. It's the tankiness.

Everyone wants class balance talk in pve and PVP. Everyone wants less lag. Everyone wants this great game to keep being great. But the truth is it's going down hill.....all of us are waiting because we love your game....don't let us down.
  • Xhel
    Xhel
    Soul Shriven
    Can you add an option to cast abilities on key down (press) instead of release (up)?

It will improve the responsiveness and make combat more fluid.
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

[*] Improve the Off Balance status effect so it is more useful for everyone

Please tell me, how can i get the Off Balance status effect?
    I'm really curious!
    PS5|EU
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Making tanking in pve more unappealing. Great
    Edited by ceiron on January 27, 2018 4:43PM
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »

I'm really curious!

If YOU want to get the Off Balance status effect, have someone interrupt you while you're casting or winding up a heavy attack.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting after this combat update, we will be shifting to doing these quarterly rather than monthly. As you’ve noticed, most of our major combat changes arrive in our quarterly game updates, and we’d like to utilize our written combat updates to give you an early look at what we’re planning. We were finding that subsequent combat updates were becoming “we’re still working on the things we mentioned before” without providing much substance. We want these combat updates to be both meaningful and impactful – changing them to quarterly will ensure that’s the case.

XD so... so much for those "small, incremental changes" we've all been asking for, giving over-performing skills and classes minor tweaks with quick response times and in a controlled environment without also introducing 20 other variables that make it impossible to weigh each tweak in it's own right.
    ZoS will continue with the cycle of letting the game languish for months at a time, then coming in with sweeping, sledgehammer nerfs that break as many thing as they fix.
    Well, at least now we can properly give up hope and stop being disappointed every month or so. Silver lining, right? *Forced smile*
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »

I'm really curious!
    • "Tactician" 120p Atronach CP passive. Sets target Off Balance for 5 seconds every time you dodge. Passive says with Dodge Roll, but I can confirm that dodges from Major Evasion work as well.
    • Hit someone from stealth with a Surprise Attack or Concealed Weapon.
    • Hit someone CC'd or rooted with Flame Lash.
    • Interrupt someone who is casting.
    • Hit someone with Concussed status effect (can proc from lightning damage) with Wall of Elements.
    • 50% Chance to proc it on people hit by Shattering Rocks.
    • Feed on someone as vampire.

...and a few other ways I've forgotten, but those are the most common ones.
    Edited by DDuke on January 27, 2018 9:32PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will blood atlar animation be fixed or is in it's attended stat?

Will bone shield radius be looked at?

Will we see more synergies added to game?

Will we see new ways to ingerate ourself as a team.

Overall it's good to hear more team play is coming.

Thanks for hard work! <3
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I know PTS if for trying out the new combat changes but I thought this Combat Update all about big talks that how they are seeing the big picture, where we are heading with all these changes. Like hinting us with the results of combat team meetings. What do they have in their mind? What can be changed? Things like these.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be a way of switching off or at least toning down the brightness of some combat effects especially when multiple are on the screen at the same time.

In a trial these days there just seems to be a bright white blob in the middle of the screen.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HeroOfNone

I like the idea of focusing some on underutilized morphs. Maybe each month Gina could select five morphs - one from each class - that represent some of the lesser-used skills in the game, then sticky a conversation where the community discusses them. Maybe nothing would come of it, but it’d be interesting to see people get creative with unused skills.

Although to be fair...at this point in the game the skills are pretty solid. If I look over my Nightblade skills, each has its use. I’m sure some could be reworked, but none are completely useless.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that magicka wardens have been nerfed appropriately in PvP, I eagerly look forward to PvE buffs.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamden wrote: »
    To restate our main goals for this update:
    • Improve Synergy responsiveness and power to promote better group gameplay
    • Improve interrupt rulesets so that there is more interesting and tactical interrupt gameplay
    • Improve the Off Balance status effect so it is more useful for everyone

You forgot:
    • Make DK's completely unplayable

They weren't before? (MagDK)
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    How do you consider drastically reducing the up-time of off-balance as something that "Improve(s) the off-balance status effect..."?
    Genuinely curious.

needs more talk on this... what is the reasoning when it would seem to contradict what was said originally?

Tell me about it.

They're literally doing one thing while saying another. Dropping group DPS is not improving off-balance. Why isn't this a larger talking point?

Don't heavy attacks remove off balance? In that case wouldn't off balance now actually have a higher uptime witnout 8 people heavy attacking the boss?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So even less information? Seems reasonable. I enjoy the time to ponder the big questions in ESO like, why does agony still exist as a skill? Who is frost staff tanking anywhere in the universe? Will fixing this wall result in my character falling into oblivion? Will gap closing towards this enemy result in my character falling into oblivion? Why can't I break this CC with full stamina, and if I could, should this also result in my character falling into oblivion? Why is Healing Ritual still a skill? Is there any problem that Shimmering Shield can't solve? Will the skills used by no one because they have absolutely no use in the game and are so completely outstripped by something else ever get looked at?
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you consider drastically reducing the up-time of off-balance as something that "Improve(s) the off-balance status effect..."?
    Genuinely curious.

needs more talk on this... what is the reasoning when it would seem to contradict what was said originally?

Tell me about it.

They're literally doing one thing while saying another. Dropping group DPS is not improving off-balance. Why isn't this a larger talking point?

Don't heavy attacks remove off balance? In that case wouldn't off balance now actually have a higher uptime witnout 8 people heavy attacking the boss?

Heavyattacks and dks lash will no longer consume offbalance
    This will be implemented with the dragon bones dlc in february 2018. Its in the patchnotes 3.3.0
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a class change :|
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    We still plan to keep you informed in between the larger quarterly updates, and we have some other related plans in the works that we’re really excited to share with you; it’s a bit too early to talk about them now, but we’ll divulge more information as soon as we can. Please continue posting your feedback here, both involving combat and how we can better communicate information to you.

SPELL CRAFTING?!?!?! or maybe more skill morphs?!?!

....well I can dream, can't I

• Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •DragonKnight Boned
    •Dead-knight the necromancer class no one wanted

What else can we dub this POS dlc update
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a change from linking PVP and PVE.

I would also like to see additions to skills when a nerf is done to counter balance it.

Example : you decrease the power of a skill try and balance that with a change to a additon to a skill that is not used because it is underpowered.

Maybe even add some variety to the skills.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how they say they want to make offbalance more useful for everyone, but they're actually making it all around less useful with the update...
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭
    Since dragonbones launched, there is a very disgusting weaponswap delay :s
    this needs to be investigated guys !
    ! . . .
    I once dreamed to be a powerful Cryomancer, then i woke up and a bear was licking my face ...
    "WTB Cryomancy, a Spellsword, intelligent Pets maybe?!"
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Synergies are easier to activate, but I've thought there was a new visual effect to see them better. I misread or misunderstand?