The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hireling Side Quests?

USTTech
USTTech
✭✭✭
I definitely know it is too late for the newest DLC, but what are peoples' thoughts about some side quests where we meet our crafting component hirelings and help them. We hear about their travels in the mails we receive, but it'd be nice to put a face with the messages, and even help them get us our components.
Just a thought is all.
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get to meet Pacrooti. The rest are waiting on some form of monetization.
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Valinka Stoneheaver. Askel...not so much.
    Is it just me or do the few final letters of Valinkas seem incredibly rushed and awkward? What I mean is the majority of her Arc is getting back at that *** Narsis Dren, stealing his map etc. Then, when she makes enemies with someone else, and all her enemies come together, it skips straight to "Oh hey we're all cool now and Narsis is even gonna teach me how to be an explorer!"

In my mind I couldn't help but feel like they captured/killed my poor hireling, and wrote that last letter or two to me in an effort to cover their tracks. Needless to say when I ran across Narsis in that Wrothgar tomb, with no Valinka in sight, I locked him in that sarcophogus and left him to rot.

Edit: Upon revisiting the letters apparantly Narsis rescued her from Morella. Not how I remembered things going....still doesnt explain where Valinka was in Wrothgar... But maybe locking up ol Drenny was a tad harsh....
    Edited by Glockcoma725 on January 26, 2018 4:42PM
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope, I look forward to another opportunity to drop/lock Dren somewhere. And was Little-Leaf the same one we meet in Craglorn ?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, they already have enough problems with hirelings. I mean if ZOS can't even be bothered to fix the mailing issues or sync the hireling timers with mount training, most players just ignore them at this point. It doesn't help that ZOS nerfed their drops a while back too. Hirelings are a neglected relic from when paid subscriptions were a thing, now ZOS just wants to monetize them or make them frustrating to use.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    USTTech wrote: »
    I definitely know it is too late for the newest DLC, but what are peoples' thoughts about some side quests where we meet our crafting component hirelings and help them. We hear about their travels in the mails we receive, but it'd be nice to put a face with the messages, and even help them get us our components.
    Just a thought is all.
    That might be fun!

What I would like even more would be collecting the hireling stories into an actual book... add some drawings, and have them fun to read when power goes out or something... ;)
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see combat hirelings. Bots rule the game anyway, might as well have official ones that serve a usual purpose in pve. PVP hirelings would be a bridge too far though. On topic, I like the idea of meeting our thankless hirelings.
    forever stuck in combat
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:18AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Glockcoma725 Given that she writes 'Origin of the Scaled Court' and 'Life in the Scaled Court' Valinka probably didn't make it to Wrothgar because she was helping the Star-Gazers in Craglorn. @Hurbster I think it was intended but the Hireling writer and the Craglorn writer didn't sync up, because it seems odd that Valinka wouldn't recognize her when she sees her in 'Life In the Scaled Court.' Unless that was a different Bosmer that slipped her the note?

I was looking for Madam Firi in Wrothgar and then Vvardenfell since she mentioned Red Mountain reminded her of her dreams. No luck. I would have liked to put the poor girl out of her misery if nothing else. :cry:

I will also note you can find Fahdah the Eyeful in one of the Outlaw Refuges. She makes an appearance during the second batch of Woodworker hireling mails.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.