The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Certain players feel like they own the bosses in IC - PS4 NA

Zildjian2112
Zildjian2112
✭✭✭
I've been noticing a recent trend where certain players or a group of so called "elites" get a group together to farm telvar and harass other players that join in to help or hit bosses. They call them out in zone chat. Call them leeches. Call them expletives. I mean as far as I can tell the other players are playing the game as intended. These "elites" have no exclusive rights over the bosses. Not sure what started this behavior but it's real annoying. As someone who has played since launch and used to get up early to solo district bosses to stack telvar. When someone else joined in to help I would intentionally put down all my aoe heals and bol them to keep them alive....even though I knew it would cut my telvar in half. I've always had the mindset that If you're on the same team as me you're welcome to help me with anything. this new trend is a bummer and one of the reasons I think this game community is falling apart. So much salt now a days just for playing the game the way it was meant to be played.
  • AGGROxander_Hamilton
    Join on the other faction and kill them then :smile:
  • Zildjian2112
    Zildjian2112
    ✭✭✭
    lol I would but I'm die hard DC.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA Zone chat can be quite toxic (die hard EP here, but we have the same issues). But at the end of the day, the game is like real life. There are selfish, mean people and good, team-minded people. I block people who try to ruin my experience and send friend invitations to those who go out of their way to be kind.

:smiley:
    PS4NA
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been kicked from a group for rezzing a player they called a "leech". Best thing to do is just to ignore them, or go to a different campaign.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    the game is like real life

The is IS LIFE!!!!

THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are getting all salty because if you can solo or small group (like 2, 3 players max) the Tel Var you can make from bosses is amazing. All this interest now in telvar is for the new housing storage coming out, which is purchasable with telvar.

That being said, screw them can't have an active mmo then complain about people. Bunch of butt holes
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to a different campaign.
    PC EU
  • Zildjian2112
    Zildjian2112
    ✭✭✭
    Why? We all put our pants on 1 leg at a time. There’s no reason I should have to leave or alter my plans for them.
  • Zildjian2112
    Zildjian2112
    ✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    They are getting all salty because if you can solo or small group (like 2, 3 players max) the Tel Var you can make from bosses is amazing. All this interest now in telvar is for the new housing storage coming out, which is purchasable with telvar.

That being said, screw them can't have an active mmo then complain about people. Bunch of butt holes
    Agreed. I used to get 14.8k per boss when I soloed them with 10k on me and 6 blue districts. It was amazing. I stacked telvar. Rn I have over 2 million. I was smart. Now if I touch a boss I get ridiculed publicly because they didn’t save for a rainy day lol.not my problem. 2 of my friends were fighting the eye in elven yesterday and got called out in zone chat for killing the boss. They don’t own the game. I’m guessing the ones doing this are the ones that get/got trophies for participation. Sad generation of humans.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 na is just toxic it's the reason I wished they would let me move my account to pc but it's not possible I regret ever starting eso on PS4 this is no surprise that players are doing this in the imperial city on PS4 na it's happened to me just in Normal pvp also ppl on PS4 na work together with the other alliance to kill ppl they don't like
    Edited by Jake1576 on January 26, 2018 6:47PM
  • AGGROxander_Hamilton
    @Jake1576 seemsbadman
  • Zildjian2112
    Zildjian2112
    ✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    PS4 is just toxic it's the reason I wished they would let me move my account to pc but it's not possible I regret ever starting eso on PS4 this is no surprise that players are doing this in the imperial city on PS4 na it's happened to me just in Normal pvp also ppl on PS4 na work together with the other alliance to kill ppl they don't like
    Very true. Just last week I had 2 blues ask where me and my group were and how much telvar we had. I told him we were at base...so he accidentally whispered me “no they are back at base”. Then tried to cover up like he wasn’t spying. All of a sudden those 2 blues came in on reds ultimates blazing on us at a flag. Needless to say we aren’t a pug and they got clapped like 8 times. But these people are shameful. Never even had a problem with these dudes. Just a bunch of toxic traitors.
    Edited by Zildjian2112 on January 26, 2018 6:52PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i go there to kill bosses, if i see other players killing bosses i am going to also attack the boss.
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTB ASSASSIN
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a typical day in IC to me (PS4 NA also)
    Edited by Cadbury on January 27, 2018 6:15AM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pc isn't quite as toxic as that. What pissed me off with IC pc na is with the storage release you get these groups of like 15 farming bosses. Im like "you're totally ruining all your telVar gains with a group thay big". Just kills me to see that boss get split into like 800 Tel Var a piece. But I'm not gonna spy to kill them or anything childish like that

But... it's also fun when the other factions have a group like that going. Hunting season is open at that point.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:17AM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very true. Just last week I had 2 blues ask where me and my group were and how much telvar we had.

asking how much telvar you have should have set off alarm bells.

i ask if people are in particular zones when im in IC and see corpses. i also warn people that someone else is around if nobody on my own team owns up to those corpses. But asking how many stones you got.... those people are not your friend.
  • Zildjian2112
    Zildjian2112
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    Very true. Just last week I had 2 blues ask where me and my group were and how much telvar we had.

asking how much telvar you have should have set off alarm bells.

i ask if people are in particular zones when im in IC and see corpses. i also warn people that someone else is around if nobody on my own team owns up to those corpses. But asking how many stones you got.... those people are not your friend.
    Yeah I knew he wasn't being friendly that's why I wouldn't answer him directly about anything other than being back at base. I know the player and his type. He has no friends only acquaintances. Shame of it is we've dueled many times and He's always displayed a decent amount of sportsmanship is victory and defeat but oh well. People will be people I guess. I think behavior like his is evident of a bigger problem though. Campaign swapping and those who do it to spy or swap to the winning team. There is no reason for a blue to stay on blue when red or yellow have the sewers on lock. No incentive at all. That in turn opens the flood gates and suddenly a 15 man Zerg becomes 2 -20 man zergs and all is lost. I feel like there should be some incentive for alliance dedication.
    Edited by Zildjian2112 on January 27, 2018 3:13PM
  • Zildjian2112
    Zildjian2112
    ✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Pc isn't quite as toxic as that. What pissed me off with IC pc na is with the storage release you get these groups of like 15 farming bosses. Im like "you're totally ruining all your telVar gains with a group thay big". Just kills me to see that boss get split into like 800 Tel Var a piece. But I'm not gonna spy to kill them or anything childish like that

But... it's also fun when the other factions have a group like that going. Hunting season is open at that point.
    I agree. The profit potential decreases significantly. I don't understand anything more than 6 people farming bosses together but then again the 5 people I farm with are more than capable of fighting off an opposing Zerg in most cases. Pugs probably feel more vulnerable.

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finny things happens in IC. One day peacefully farmed bosses, didnt touch any dc or ad enemies and they didnt attack in return... yet after some time unknown ep started to whisper me salty messages that I calling those dc and ad to kill him to prevent him from farming tv...
    Kinda proved for me that even if you trying to be as non-hostile as possible people still find a way to be mad on you, no matter how stupid reason is.

Or even funnier example : came with group to shor ic, spent entire 2 hours to wipe emperors farm group, took all flags... and right after bunch of ep showed up to farm bosses. But best thing that they started claim in zonechat that my group is leeching their bosses :D made me sad to not have dc/ad alts.
    Edited by Cinbri on January 27, 2018 5:36PM
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time tell them they're playing the wrong game if they don't like randoms helping out in pve content. It's an mmo after all. Plus, you're just as entitled to kill a world boss as much as they are.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm trying to farm tel var stones in group, I end up dead due to lack of heals in group (I'm playing on Sotha Sil, yes I know don't ask), so I started soloing Xivkyns, Daedroths and such which gives me almost 2k stones in 10 minutes, then some newer players wants to join me and I end up with 10 leeches xD so I just use them to get achievement in the sewers. But I feel good for helping them I guess.
    PC/EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had a blast in IC today...i suck at tel var farming, but, i have fun...

my favorite dailies in the game...

the whole pve while other players have the option of attacking you adds a good bit of suspense to soloing - particularly on characters not really built for stealth...

I go through IC solo, trying to make sure to stay hidden as much as possible and burn the npcs down quickly - then get back to hiding :)

what I like about some of the new folks showing up is it's easy to tell they're just there to farm stones...

farm in peace I say...

plenty of other opportunities to fight with players now that IC is starting to come alive again...

I well organized group of six to eight players can really dominate in the districts...

really wish they'd go back to allowing us to rez at each district faction platform...

keep the party going...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why? We all put our pants on 1 leg at a time. There’s no reason I should have to leave or alter my plans for them.

So you can kill the bosses. It's that simple. Zenimax and Forum users aren't gonna help you so just go to your guest campaign.
    PC EU
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you find groups like that they are usually pve players. Send messages to anyone you know with a bomblade that easy telvar are in the city.

Maybe after they lose enough telvar, they will stop acting like children.

• Zildjian2112
    Zildjian2112
    ✭✭✭

So you can kill the bosses. It's that simple. Zenimax and Forum users aren't gonna help you so just go to your guest campaign.
    I wasn't asking for help from anyone. I was shedding light on the behavior and curious if its an issue across all platforms. Thanks for your advice though. Never would have thought to do that -_-

Edited by Zildjian2112 on January 28, 2018 6:11PM