The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Highlight main quests (zone) ?

eldae
eldae
✭✭✭
It would be really good if the main zone stories (e.g. Craglorn or the Aldmeri Dominion questline) were differentiated or highlighted in some way so those who are interested in following a coherent story through find it a bit easier to do so.

I'd suggest at it's simplest to just highlight main quests in the journal a different colour. Alternatively the Story tab could be used to list out the quest titles for the main story in order by zone. It would be there as a suggestion for new players, a guide for alts without having to go out of game to look it up...

Hope this makes sense
Edited by eldae on January 26, 2018 2:31PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100%.

I was so confused when I started.

One minute this old dude wants me to save the world from Daedric forces (sounds serious)

The I'm repelling a DC beach invasion

Then suddenly im reaching some guys lost guars or picking flowers for someone or stealing a bottle of wine from the Stinky Fish.

Very confusing.

Main quest does get its own sub section now but alliance dont IIRC
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that idea. In theory they are generally easy to follow through because you know where they start and then always get a quest right where you passed in the last one.. but once you start side-questing and whatnot something to note it's the main line in the quest journal would be nice too.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • eldae
    eldae
    ✭✭✭
    It was also much easier to follow pre One Tamriel (far fewer distractions!) and Caldwell's silver/gold did/does provide a guide to your two alternate factions.

It's just a shame the arcs can be so easily overlooked, I really enjoyed them.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eldae wrote: »
    It would be really good if the main zone stories (e.g. Craglorn or the Aldmeri Dominion questline) were differentiated or highlighted in some way so those who are interested in following a coherent story through find it a bit easier to do so.

Once you finish your main Alliance Zone Quests, then Caldwells Almanac kind of does this for you for the other two alliances.

And, the removal of all the levels does not help, as we could kind of figure out where we needed to be the level of the NPC or Mobs in the area.

This can really help you with keeping the zone quests straight

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Quests

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's even worse as a new player as I got started in Vvardenfell and spent my first couple of weeks running around there. With no indicators my Dunmer then wandered into the Daggerfall area and spent a while saving the kingdom before I finally found my way to Bleakrock, Stonefall etc and all those references to me not having a soul started to make some sense.