The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How do I get my main quest back?

Zilvarael
Zilvarael
Soul Shriven
I have a friend who plays with me on PC and has lost his main quest. The main question I have after having him check in the harborage for the prophet. Is where do we go from here?

The prophet seems to have vanished for him and we can't seem to find him.

Any advice?

Also he is currently level 46 if that helps.
No idea how far into the main quest he was.

Any help would be appreciated.
Character list: Lunaera Ivy - Nightblade - AD | Primary Guild: Umbra Nocturnus (Leader, RP, PvE and more)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the Prophet in the Harborage or not? That'd be step one.

Step Two is go to the nearest city, usually your starter city (Vulkhel Guard, Davon's Watch, Daggerfall), and see if the Prophet spawns outside the entrance with that "Vestige, we must speak. Come to the Harborage at once." line. If he does, that should restart the next step in the Main Quest. On one step, you might meet Abnur Tharn's banekin instead.

Step Three: review the main quest line and see if any of these spark your friend's memory http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Main_Quest

The only time you won't see the Prophet is if you've recovered the Amulet of Kings and you need to complete the Coldharbor questline in order to progress to the last stages of the Main Quest.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time you won't see the Prophet is if you've recovered the Amulet of Kings and you need to complete the Coldharbor questline in order to progress to the last stages of the Main Quest.
    agree.gif

At level 46, it's likely he needs to go to Coldharbour to continue with the main quest ...
    bye1.gif
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:14AM
  • Zilvarael
    Zilvarael
    Soul Shriven
    Alright guys, Sorry I was not clear.
    • Prophet is not in / at the harborage.
    • We had also looked all over cold harbor for him.
    • I'll see next time he is on if he does not show up on the docks in Vulkel Guard.
    • If that does not work I'll refer him to that link to the quest line.

I know this much though. The main quest line does not even show up in his journal.
    Its like he somehow abandoned it even though that is not an option.

Mega Wonky that is for sure.
    Character list: Lunaera Ivy - Nightblade - AD | Primary Guild: Umbra Nocturnus (Leader, RP, PvE and more)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd check the entrances at Vulkhel Guard if that's your starter city. If not at the docks, then at the front gate to the city. It may not be that he abandoned it, but it does disappear for a brief bit after you complete one mission until you pick up the next mission. Before One Tamriel the quests unlocked every five levels, but now you just get the next one right afterward as soon as you go back to a city.

Seriously, the Prophet is trolling me.

I finish whatever I'm doing from the last quest and leave the Harborage, heading to Davon's Watch.

The moment I approach the gates, the Prophet shows up. "Vestige. We must speak. Come to the Harborage at once."

"I was JUST there! Come on, man!"
  • Zilvarael
    Zilvarael
    Soul Shriven
    I'd check the entrances at Vulkhel Guard if that's your starter city. If not at the docks, then at the front gate to the city. It may not be that he abandoned it, but it does disappear for a brief bit after you complete one mission until you pick up the next mission. Before One Tamriel the quests unlocked every five levels, but now you just get the next one right afterward as soon as you go back to a city.

Seriously, the Prophet is trolling me.

I finish whatever I'm doing from the last quest and leave the Harborage, heading to Davon's Watch.

The moment I approach the gates, the Prophet shows up. "Vestige. We must speak. Come to the Harborage at once."

"I was JUST there! Come on, man!"

I'll have him take a look at it Maybe its just that simple.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did he even do the Wailing Prison part yet? Asking because you're saying it's not appearing in his journal.

If he did do that part, then maybe he got to Coldharbor already. Once he's in Coldharbor, the main quest seems to disappear, and instead, you get a new quest under a "Coldharbor" heading to restore the Hollow City. That's really a part of the main quest. You have to restore the Hollow City before you get any more quests that are designated as main quests. You have to save an Ayleid king and a mage.

Edited by SydneyGrey on January 26, 2018 7:19AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he hasn't started the main quest, a Mysterious Hooded Figure will approach when he goes to the entrance of the starter city.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zilvarael wrote: »
    [*] We had also looked all over cold harbor for him.

The prophet does not appear in Coldharbour. The main quest continues there without him.
    shades.gif
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, he does appear there once, after the planemeld portion of the main quest is over, to tell you it's time to return to the harborage and go reclaim your soul. :)

But indeed, up to that point you're "on your own" in Coldharbor.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Zilvarael wrote: »
    [*] We had also looked all over cold harbor for him.

The prophet does not appear in Coldharbour. The main quest continues there without him.
    shades.gif

This is true, and you need to do a bunch of -don't seem like main quests- quests to do them.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has he looked in his Journal on the Achievements Tab? That is the first thing that needs to happen. Under Quests, Main Quest, what was the last completed stage?

And, if your next stage is in Coldharbor, I bet it is because you can normally get there until the game sends you*, you need ot find the Groundskeeper and talk to her to get things going up there.

*Yea yea, you can port up there to a friend but you can't just go there until the game sends unlike every other zone.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, note, once the Groundskeeper talks to you, there really are not any quest markers to point you in the right direction. Your kind of supposed to explore and clear most of the zone for reasons that will be revealed as you go along. Although you can be lazy and just clear two areas, one to the East and one to the West and go on from there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Also, note, once the Groundskeeper talks to you, there really are not any quest markers to point you in the right direction. Your kind of supposed to explore and clear most of the zone for reasons that will be revealed as you go along. Although you can be lazy and just clear two areas, one to the East and one to the West and go on from there.

And make sure to go to the north east, pretty northish. That's one quest you must do that I know many people miss
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:12AM