The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My 200 item house

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is my attempt to decorate one of the small houses with a 200 item cap
https://youtube.com/watch?v=RepwuahidtI&t=10s
Edited by Zypheran on January 25, 2018 3:31PM
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An excellent space management! :D
    Also, I too am a firm believer that if you don't have a decent view at some nice scenery.. do something about it! :)

Autumn's Gate's my very first house I bought and I'll always be sentimental about it. I still haven't finished decorating it. You gave me some good ideas.

Awesome work!
    Edited by duendology on January 25, 2018 3:29PM
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good. Seems the 200 item cap is appropriate for the home.

Good job.
    Edited by idk on January 25, 2018 3:39PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Good job.

Thanks. Its still a bit sparse in places though. An extra 50 slots would really finish it out.
  • markdeloma
    markdeloma
    ✭✭✭

Good job.

Appropriate? Are you joking? The design and ideas are certainly wonderful. But in general it is clear that the house is almost half-empty. There is empty cupboards, empty shelves, half-empty tables. His house proves once again that even the smallest house is only beginning to look like living house if the number of objects about 200. And this is an obvious minimum, not the maximum.

Zypheran I like your little house! :smile:
    Head of Emerald Turtle
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    markdeloma wrote: »

Good job.

Appropriate? Are you joking? The design and ideas are certainly wonderful. But in general it is clear that the house is almost half-empty. There is empty cupboards, empty shelves, half-empty tables. His house proves once again that even the smallest house is only beginning to look like living house if the number of objects about 200. And this is an obvious minimum, not the maximum.

Zypheran I like your little house! :smile:

Thanks. And I agree with you. Even for the smallest houses, the item caps are too constricting. I have tried and tried and just can never get a house filled out properly within cap limit :(
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amazing work! Really love what you did with the outside to get lots of usable workshop space. Plus, inside adding a second floor.

I tend to just work with what I'm given and have never done any building. And yet, I've still managed to completely fill a couple of homes just with clutter. Your house is evidence that housing slots aren't enough to do both. Having better building tools would certainly help, but if someone wants to be creative, like you, and still have a really lived-in look, it just isn't possible with the current limits.

Again, great job! I think I'm going to incorporate some of your ideas into my own Autumn's Gate, which is still sitting bare at this point.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good. Now buy another small home and do it with 100. ;)
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Hi Zypheran,

Thanks so much for sharing the house looks great! It's very impressive how spacious you were able to get the house to look after hitting the item cap. Even the crafting area looks neat and tidy, not cluttered at all.

Really amazing work, thanks again for sharing!
    Staff Post
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, it amazes me how versatile that house can be. I haven't mastered doing video yet but I have a few screenshots. I've made changes since I did these but for the most part it is the same.

gUMaBmC.jpg

CNdcs9b.jpg

b1NSIqg.jpg

KnimrBb.jpg

nje25EL.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks so good.

Surprised the dark brotherhood has much an eye for beauty!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    It's very impressive how spacious you were able to get the house to look after hitting the item cap. Even the crafting area looks neat and tidy, not cluttered at all.
    You speak as if it was hard to make houses look spacious because the item cap is so high. lol It's the opposite, it's easy to make houses look spacious because the item cap is too low.

Edited by Leogon on January 26, 2018 2:21AM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi Zypheran,

Thanks so much for sharing the house looks great! It's very impressive how spacious you were able to get the house to look after hitting the item cap. Even the crafting area looks neat and tidy, not cluttered at all.

Really amazing work, thanks again for sharing!

Thanks for the feedback @ZOS_Holden . It's great to see you guys jumping into so many threads. It's a very welcome development.
    That's an interesting perspective, that the item caps encourage us to keep out houses neat and tidy rather than cluttered. I better not let my wife see those comments or "item caps" will be introduced in my RL house
    Edited by Zypheran on January 26, 2018 7:42AM
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm about two-thirds done with my house and only just recently hit the halfway point on items.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool post OP
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Nice, it amazes me how versatile that house can be. I haven't mastered doing video yet but I have a few screenshots. I've made changes since I did these but for the most part it is the same.

Nice Stuff too !!
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks really nice OP, great use of the space.

ZOS, Please increase the item limit, especially of special items. I'm working on Hunding's and have some crazy ideas for it and I can see already I'm going to hit the item limit way before I'm done. Why have all that space available and not be able to keep placing items? Ugh.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That thing is gorgeous!!!
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭
    Great job Zypheran! I love how you created lots of different nooks and levels in your home. One question though - where are those large bookcases from?
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great job Zypheran! I love how you created lots of different nooks and levels in your home. One question though - where are those large bookcases from?

Which ones?
    If you're talking about the ones in the mezzanine study, they are Hlallu filled bookcases from crown store
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    It's very impressive how spacious you were able to get the house to look after hitting the item cap. Even the crafting area looks neat and tidy, not cluttered at all.
    You speak as if it was hard to make houses look spacious because the item cap is so high. lol It's the opposite, it's easy to make houses look spacious because the item cap is too low.

Haha...yeah, I had a similar reaction as you to his comment. Emphasizing that it looks neat and tidy and not cluttered at all. :D
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:45AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Cool post OP

Nice Stuff too !!
    With that house I wish I had five more slots. I had something I wanted to do but it takes five slots and I don't see anything I want to remove to do it.

Another house is close to done and I have a lot of slots left. I have another I am thinking I will have to leave the inside mostly empty because of what I am planning for the outside. I want a large outdoor bazaar.
    Edited by kargen27 on January 30, 2018 12:28AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

gUMaBmC.jpg

CNdcs9b.jpg

b1NSIqg.jpg

KnimrBb.jpg

nje25EL.jpg

I'm really impressed by the lighting here. Don't know how you do it.

thanks, lots of tinkering.