The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is vMA broken?

zacvanm
zacvanm
✭✭✭
Keep getting killed in Frozen Blood round when she breaks the 2nd island...while I’m already standing on the 3rd island. 3 times in a row it’s happened. I’m gettin killed by an AOE that I’m nowhere near.
EP Nord StamDK PvP
EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
1750cp
PS-NA
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What't your ping rate while in the Arena? If it's over 400, the server might still be registering you on the second island. Not the first time VMA has lag murdered someone.
    Edited by Mic1007 on January 24, 2018 8:07PM
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    Idk actually, I’m on ps4. It seemed to be running very smooth. I closed app and reopened and tried one more time and it was the same. Not on 2nd island and still get killed =/
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zacvanm wrote: »
    Idk actually, I’m on ps4. It seemed to be running very smooth. I closed app and reopened and tried one more time and it was the same. Not on 2nd island and still get killed =/

Could be a bug. If possible take a video (include your death recap of what killed you) and post it. If it's a bug, that should help Zos some figuring out what is going on.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    The poison round needs to be looked at. If you get poison = instant death. Bleed damage is absurd as well
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    The poison round needs to be looked at. If you get poison = instant death. Bleed damage is absurd as well

@xiZeroPointix No judgement right - but your statement is not right at all.

You have safe spots in that arean - which I show in my videos (not promoting myself) just a statement.
    The bleed is real but can be easily mitigated with either defense sigil or healing sigil - as well as your ultimates on most chars.

I mean no disrespect. BTW
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing vMA on my NA char lately. Ping is around 200. I noticed that AoEs hit me very often even if I’m clearly outside. The Argonian Mage streaked to me in stage 7 and I died several times, although I even anticipated and dodge rolled when he began the animation 10 meters away. Server lag really is an issue.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has it ever worked without any issues?
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »

You have safe spots in that arean - which I show in my videos (not promoting myself) just a statement.
    The bleed is real but can be easily mitigated with either defense sigil or healing sigil - as well as your ultimates on most chars.

Yeah there are safe spots..but the problem is that when you are hit by the poison, and you dont have a sigil already active. The dot will kill you before you can get to the cleanse. Literally .75 sec-1.2 sec and its a death. Its L2p issue but still the poison dot is overperforming lol. Of course this is a stam character in all medium and roughly 17k health. The poison dot hit for 8k per second so yeah u only have roughly 1.5 sec if u arent being attacked by a troll or the boss. Another thing is that when the argonian behemoth does his scream and u stand under the mage sheild..then a venom caller shows up and u get hit..ur dead because if u leave the scream will hit for 50k and the poison dot will kill u in under 2 seconds. Its the strongest dot damage in the arena and is ridiculous. My first time through i spent about 30k in gold for repairs and i was using soul gems ( not advisable) and went through 3 stacks of them due to the poison dot. They will also stack and when they go off create an un avoidable 30 meter aoe so there is no escape. I found ways around it and i have watched a few of your videos..excellent content by the way! Among others. The rest of the arena is doable and still retains the difficulty that vma should have. As far as the amount of damage recieved it is too strong. It needs toned down slightly to at least allow players to reach the cleanse. Unless you are standing right by the pool. You will not survive unless you have a sigil active or you have a really tanky build. One more thing..if u bash the behemoth to intterupt the scream, instead of standing under the shield you will instantly recive a bleed that has added up to 50k on my death recap. Its said 50k x12 which is roughly an 8k per second dot...dead. Too strong and overpowered compared with the rest of the arena. I mention it here because i had deathbrecaps from every round and stage...the poison dot and the bleed from the behemoth is stupidly over powered.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just beat it again today in fact on PS4 NA, and once last Friday. No bugs at all, everything is the same.
    Most likely your connection. Not sure what else it could be, but I can confirm VMA works just fine on PS4 NA.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    speaking of VMSA something weird happen on sat night on the last boss for some reason everything seamed to be sped up the damage my character was doing was amazing the crystal was destroyed way before the first wall came, my character movement was so quick the movement bar swapping ive never killed the last boss so quickly that me go wtf just happen .. ive managed to finish it in 1hr and 10 min or so

Maybe this is what playing on normal ping fells like?? LOL

ps still no lighting destro staff

bbe87381a8fa6a1963fc1b734d60b27f--meme-faces-picture-comments.jpg
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah there are safe spots..but the problem is that when you are hit by the poison, and you dont have a sigil already active. The dot will kill you before you can get to the cleanse. Literally .75 sec-1.2 sec and its a death. Its L2p issue but still the poison dot is overperforming lol. Of course this is a stam character in all medium and roughly 17k health. The poison dot hit for 8k per second so yeah u only have roughly 1.5 sec if u arent being attacked by a troll or the boss. Another thing is that when the argonian behemoth does his scream and u stand under the mage sheild..then a venom caller shows up and u get hit..ur dead because if u leave the scream will hit for 50k and the poison dot will kill u in under 2 seconds. Its the strongest dot damage in the arena and is ridiculous. My first time through i spent about 30k in gold for repairs and i was using soul gems ( not advisable) and went through 3 stacks of them due to the poison dot. They will also stack and when they go off create an un avoidable 30 meter aoe so there is no escape. I found ways around it and i have watched a few of your videos..excellent content by the way! Among others. The rest of the arena is doable and still retains the difficulty that vma should have. As far as the amount of damage recieved it is too strong. It needs toned down slightly to at least allow players to reach the cleanse. Unless you are standing right by the pool. You will not survive unless you have a sigil active or you have a really tanky build. One more thing..if u bash the behemoth to intterupt the scream, instead of standing under the shield you will instantly recive a bleed that has added up to 50k on my death recap. Its said 50k x12 which is roughly an 8k per second dot...dead. Too strong and overpowered compared with the rest of the arena. I mention it here because i had deathbrecaps from every round and stage...the poison dot and the bleed from the behemoth is stupidly over powered.

@xiZeroPointix

Yep but if you use the safe spots you won't get hit by poison - so I'm not sure what you mean "but the problem is that when you are hit by poison" - You shouldn't of got hit by poison in the first place if you use the safe spots.

You can also time the callers to not spawn during that phase... so that can be avoided also. This is all about pushing at incorrect times.
    I honestly feel like everything in that round 7 can be easily avoided with enough practice and knowledge it's all about timing that one.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭

@xiZeroPointix

Yep but if you use the safe spots you won't get hit by poison - so I'm not sure what you mean "but the problem is that when you are hit by poison" - You shouldn't of got hit by poison in the first place if you use the safe spots.

You can also time the callers to not spawn during that phase... so that can be avoided also. This is all about pushing at incorrect times.
    I honestly feel like everything in that round 7 can be easily avoided with enough practice and knowledge it's all about timing that one.

Nope if u stand in them without the poison. The mobs that come within a certain range of the pool will not take damage anymore. The get a damage shild of somekind.