Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are Older Trials Still Relevant?

Raij
Raij
✭✭
Just returned and I would like to get into the end-game that ESO has to offer. My question is, are old Trials still run or is this game similar to WoW where no one will step foot in an older raid when a new one is out?

My hope is that they are still relevant so I can experience them, but can anyone chime in?

Thanks!
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. Some of the best gear comes from them still. Infal Aether and Vicious Ophidian. You get transmute stones from them and motifs.
  • Raij
    Raij
    ✭✭
    Awesome, thank you for the answer!

Side note: I really wish there was an easier way to find a group for group world content. Maybe they'll modify the group finder one day >.<
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cragtrial HMs and speedruns are still challenging for the most
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our guild (a social guild, not a raiding guild) runs normal trials every Friday, and we normally have more than enough people, whether it be Craglorn trials or DLC trials.

There are still many people joining the game, and then there are quite a few old players who have never done dungeons or trials, but who are discovering them slowly.

If you are an old hand who've completed them many times, sure, they might have lost their appeal. For me HM and speedruns are still on my to-do list. I don't have enough free time to give a raiding group the dedication it deserves, so for me even normal vSO is an adventure.

All depends on the player, their experience, what they've done before....

*NB - we did nSO using lvl 15-20 toons in December, without using CP. It was so much fun! The low-level buff made it easier than expected, but nSO gave us many laughs and great merriment that day.
    Edited by malicia on January 24, 2018 4:12PM
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 2018 the hard modes are still hard, for pugs vet alone can be pretty difficult to complete. There's lots of newer players moving up to vet trials lately and they need gear. Yes they are still relevant... And fun!