The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Getting stolen Items back after guards confiscated it

Garamant
Garamant
✭✭✭
I hope Iam in the right section with this post... I can vaguely remember from a past TES Game it was somehow possible to get your confiscated stolen stuff back, the guards locked it in a special chest (i think it was in TES 4), but if you managed to access the chest you could retrieve your stuff. Since I just lost a precious fulldyed armor set (everything of it stolen though), it frustrated me a bit (although in the back of my head i knew it would happen if i get caught by the guards so...), and so i wanted to know if thats possible in ESO as it was in TES 4.
Thanks in advance
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this game because of the nature of an MMO, if it gets taken by the guards then its gone for good and you have to go steal it again. If you're running around in stolen armor, that's your own fault for not laundering it first before wearing it or getting caught in the first place.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But do wear a complete set of stolen armor pieces and get caught once at least, to get the achievement. B)
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Garamant
    Garamant
    ✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    But do wear a complete set of stolen armor pieces and get caught once at least, to get the achievement. B)

thats an achievement? lol, ok so at least one armorpiece wasnt stolen, damn. Thanks for telling me though.
    In this game because of the nature of an MMO, if it gets taken by the guards then its gone for good and you have to go steal it again. If you're running around in stolen armor, that's your own fault for not laundering it first before wearing it or getting caught in the first place.

yeah i know it was my "fault", its not an unbearable loss, just wanted to know if there s that possibility, would be cool if stolen stuff would be stored for a while, and deleted after half an hour.... But its now clarified, thanks