Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thieves Guild Quests

kitsune_beth
kitsune_beth
✭✭✭
For some reason I've stopped getting quest givers.
I've played up to "A Flawless Plan" in the main story, and..."Everyone Has A Price" in the side quests.
Pretty sure I finished the Quen quest-line...
But now I'm not getting quest starters except for the repeatables and daily quests.

How do I start the quests after the ones I mentioned?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably need to level TG. You can do that with Heists, Recoveries and Jobs.

Hint, the Covetous Countess Jobs are the easiest and fastest once you have a few rewards. The reward containers have most of what she asks for. Just keep exiting the Job board until you see the words (My Esteemed Thieves....). If you accept one that is not for the Countess, then abandon it and hit the board again.

Recoveries are once a day, and you get those just outside the Refuge. The two overland ones can be done without involving the lurking World Bosses, but you have to be careful and make sure the bosses are looking away.

Heists you get inside the Refuge and can done certain ways for different rewards. These are once a day.

So, the Job board is the best way as you can do as many of those each day as you want.

Edited by Nestor on January 23, 2018 9:46PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bit annoying.. the questline isn't great to start with (say compared with OBLIVION TG quest), and it requires far too much TG leel to progress IMHO.

Heists are a real PITA for characters without cloak. Also, for heists, consider using a set that gives speed while stealthed, or vampire for the speed while sneaking buff.

Edited by QuebraRegra on January 23, 2018 9:56PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bit annoying.. the questline isn't great to start with (say compared with OBLIVION TG quest), and it requires far too much TG leel to progress IMHO.

Heists are a real PITA for characters without cloak. Also, for heists, consider using a set that gives speed while stealthed, or vampire for the speed while sneaking buff.
    For heist you want the night silence crafted set in medium
    its also an dropped set who give reduced sneak distance detection.
    And you need the stealth passive bonuses for medium armor.
    Cloak is nice but not needed,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

You don't need fancy gear for Heists.

I did those in my PvP gear and used invisibility pots.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

You don't need fancy gear for Heists.

I did those in my PvP gear and used invisibility pots.
    If not vampire you want it for faster sneak movement, and gear does not have to be fancy, make it cp150 :)
    You also want medium for the pasives.
    invisibility pots however is an good idea has not thought of them.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood main quest progression is linked to your rank in the faction, as well as doing the perquisite quests. You need to do the daily quest - Heist and Dark Sacrament respectively - for a bigger increase in that rank, and repeatable quests like pickpocket, jewelry box, covetous countess and contacts or spree respectively for smaller increases. Note that the latter can be done multiple times a day. For the repeatable ones I recommend skipping the pickpocket and contracts and only going for the jewelry box and covetous countess, and sprees respectively since those have higher reputation increase with lower bounty. You will almost always get caught pickpocketting unless you have ledgermain leveled and Light Fingers 4/4, also you'll almost always get seen stabbing the contract target which sits near other NPCs most of the time. On the other hand jewelry chests in buildings and some NPCs in a certain town are sometimes isolated and can be picked off easily without bounty. Also for the covetous countess missions be sure to keep what laundered shipments you get from other quests. Some heists are quite difficult to pull in time, so plot your course carefully.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |