The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What set would be good for my StamMage

Sawzallz
Sawzallz
✭✭✭
I am currently using a Stam mage wood elf, I'm cp 90 but u have no idea what sets would be good I use a bow.

Best Answer

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Once you're talking end-game sets it depends on what you want to do. Hunding's is a pretty compelling set at any level (I use it on a stamblade in vet trials). Twice-fanged snake is good for group PvE, vicious ophidian is great in vMA. Then there's the group support sets: night mother's, alkosh, sunderflame, war machine, etc. Those are more useful in trials and in that case you'll be coordinating what you're wearing with the rest of your team.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Answer ✓
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wut
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    What set is good for a Stam mage, wood elf, what armour set should I go for? (I'm cp 90)
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the confusion centers around not knowing what a "stam mage" is. There is no "mage" class in the game. Do you mean "stam sorc"?
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Stam sorc and mage same difference kinda like lizard and reptile words mean same things..
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well the popular ESO vernacular tends to use "mage" to referr to magicka builds (i.e. mageblade) so it's not a perticularly useful synonym for the sorcerer class.

In any case, I wouldn't worry about drop sets too much before cp 160. When I'm leveling a stamina build I use a 5-piece set of hunding's rage medium armor, I try to find a useful jewelry set (like agility) around my level and fill in the rest of the open slots with night mother's.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    I still need to know if there is any good sets to use once I get to 160
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Once you're talking end-game sets it depends on what you want to do. Hunding's is a pretty compelling set at any level (I use it on a stamblade in vet trials). Twice-fanged snake is good for group PvE, vicious ophidian is great in vMA. Then there's the group support sets: night mother's, alkosh, sunderflame, war machine, etc. Those are more useful in trials and in that case you'll be coordinating what you're wearing with the rest of your team.

^^^ this guy replied to your original post. His advice is solid with several alternatives I might add to it. Spriggan’s (drops in Bangkorai) and Briarheart (drops in Wrothgar) are used by some stam sorcs I know. Spriggan’s is all about penetration and does well in PvP and against boss-mobs. Briarheart is great for survivability when paired with crit surge skill for places like vMA.

Automaton and Leviathan offer some niche build possibilities and drop from group dungeons.

Hunding’s rage will be the go to set initially simply because it’s craftable and available the minute you hit CP160.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is called a stamina sorcerer. call it by its intended name and maybe people wont be confused and be willing to help you out
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »
    it is called a stamina sorcerer. call it by its intended name and maybe people wont be confused and be willing to help you out
    Sorry I made a mistake won't happen again, being really helpful here thanks not like we talked about it before and sorry I'm human and make mistakes.
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont get salty, theyre helping you out with solid advice and all the sets they mentioned are good depending on the situation. You should look the names up and see what of these makes sense to you and where it drops.
    I'd say the most universal combination would be vicious ophidian + hundings rage, twice fanged snake or spriggans.
    Edited by GaunterODim on January 24, 2018 4:47AM
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuh those are bad, you want coward gear + fiord legacy.