The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Elder Scrolls "Offline"

DaneWilson87
I got logged in after the patch failed to apply a few times, and now all my NPCs are named "Offline". My Inventory has the items, but no descriptions. And my quest journal just says, "Unknown Quest" a dozen times.

Help?

fobnq133m3o8.png
Dane Wilson
Argonian Templar Tank [PS4]
Argonian Warden Tank [PC]
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 12:59AM
    Options
  • DaneWilson87
    DoctorESO wrote: »

Did you try repairing the installation?

I had to repair a couple of times when I couldn't get the patch to take, but then option to Verify files in Steam>Game>Properties was blacked out.

Is there another way to verify?
    Dane Wilson
    Options
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 12:54AM
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DaneWilson87

If NPC's are showing up as 'offline' it could just be your are experiencing some intermittent connection issues. The first thing you should try is simply logging off for 15 minutes and then logging back in. You may also want to try switching between Megaservers as well. If you would like to repair your game files, you can find instructions for doing so here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • DaneWilson87

Did you try repairing the installation?

I had to repair a couple of times when I couldn't get the patch to take, but then option to Verify files in Steam>Game>Properties was blacked out.

Is there another way to verify?

Maybe uninstall completely and reinstall?

I uninstalled last night after trying to repair game files a few times. I'm reinstalling today while I'm at work, and we'll see if this work.
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @DaneWilson87

If NPC's are showing up as 'offline' it could just be your are experiencing some intermittent connection issues. The first thing you should try is simply logging off for 15 minutes and then logging back in. You may also want to try switching between Megaservers as well. If you would like to repair your game files, you can find instructions for doing so here.

I tried logging out and repairing files last night. I am doing a complete reinstall right now. But if that doesn't work, I'll try switching megaservers. Though, I don't it has anything to do with connectivity. The problem only surfaced last night after the patch. And I normally have amazing connectivity.

What will the effect of swapping megaservers be?

Thanks,
    Dane
    Dane Wilson
    Options
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:03AM
    Options