The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sick From Exposure - A PvP Health Warden Concept

Gorgimera
Gorgimera
Soul Shriven
Hi there,

I'm a long time lurker but infrequent poster. For the last several months I have been working on a PvP Battleground frost tank concept that is very effective and also plays somewhat differently than anything else you typically see. Enough people have asked me about the build that I felt it warranted a post. Those who know me in-game can confirm that I am very long-winded, so this post will just be a quick and dirty summary. I plan to greatly expand this writeup in future posts on gear choices, alternate versions, and tactics.

Race: Argonian Vampire

Class: Warden

Weapons: 2H Sword, Sword and Shield

Item Sets: 5 Leeching Plate, 4(5) Bahraha's Curses, 2 Grothdar

Armor Enchantments: All Tri-Glyphs

Jewelry Enchantments: All Magika Regeneration

Weapon Enchantments: Both Absorb Magika

Weapon Traits: Defending 2H Sword; Sharpened Sword

Armor Traits: All Impenetrable

CP: Even distribution focusing on Damage over Time, Healing Taken, Healing Received, Break Free, Block Cost, and Critical Resistance. The raw stats from CP are important, the specific bonuses a little less so.

Mundus: Lord

Attributes: 64 points in health

1H Loadout: Arctic Blast, Gripping Shards, Flex, Invigorating Drain, Shimmering Shield, Northern Storm

2H Loadout: Icy Fortress, Forward Momentum, Leeching Vines, Blue Betty, Birds of Prey, Northern Storm

Flex Options: Budding Seeds, Corrupting Pollen, Hardened Bone Shield, Frozen Gate, Nature's Embrace

The basic concept is to have high enough base mitigation for various heal over time effects to keep you alive. The build has an ability to slow and immobilize that exceeds most magdks, which makes it very simple to keep enemies in your proc puddles. Enemies standing in leeching or bahraha's procs make you effectively immortal.

This build has terrible burst, and a mediocre ability to heal allies but scores very well on any other metric. It is extremely mobile, the cause of extreme immobility in others, a buff dispensing machine, very durable, and capable of causing substantial and constant player-based AOE.

This build is a blast to play and scores extremely well in battlegrounds. I cannot speak for its performance in open-world pvp, though I imagine it would translate well. Stay tuned for more detail, and pop in with any suggestions--I'm always looking to improve.

• IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've actually been running a build since CWC that sounds similar. It's a group build but I can kill average players 1v1.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel