The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Loyal Dwarven Sphere unobtainable?

LastAyleidKing
LastAyleidKing
✭✭✭
It's been a long time since eso released almost as long since the "loyalty rewards promotion"
I'm basically wondering if this pet will ever return so it can be enjoyed by new people or longtime players?
I remember buying 2 imperial collectors editions 1 for me one for a friend and both of us having eso plus for nearly a year to get the pet only to never receive it on console.

But we occasionally would see ppl with it namely the PC guys n gals who transferred to console.
So I was wondering if there is anyway to even get the dwarven sphere anymore it seems a waste to just never release a working pet again and or reward those of us who love the game we put so many hours into....

So players or zenimax/Bethesda folks feel free to respond I'd just like an honest answer it obviously wasn't in the "dwarven" crates

Best Answer

• BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the loyalty rewards were super dope. Maybe not bring them back but damn how many of us have been asking for loyalty rewards to return? Such a good way to convince people to stick with eso+

Personally I want the Ice Wraith pet lol
    Edited by BlazingDynamo on January 24, 2018 1:35AM
    Answer ✓
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loyalty reward program was for the original PC launch edition, and retired in March 2015 upon release of the PC Tamriel Unlimited edition. ESO+ subscriber crowns and perks replaced the program, as the original subscription only covered game access.

Many players you see with loyalty items had always intended to play on console, but due to its delay decided to begin their adventure on PC and then take advantage of the one-time $20 game and console copy opportunity. So while Tamriel Unlimited edition console players won't have the opportunity to participate in the loyalty reward program, there was still an opportunity for console-bound players to earn them.
    Edited by Acrolas on January 22, 2018 9:34PM
    signing off
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like a waste to bury it under that pc first launch.
    I personally would like to see it be available to everyone or to those who reach level 50 on a character or something simple like that.
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    As I missed the tiger senche by 3 months of sub I would certainly like to see them return, but I can also see that being a massive issue to the people who had earned them. There's few things you can do without stepping on any toes when it comes to previous rewards, and this would step on many a toe. Can't see them ever coming back because I can't see the fuss they would cause being worth it :sweat:
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they offered a reskinned electric sphere for players who have lots of achievement points since you show your loyalty through achievements by doing all the content zos has to offer.
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Like they have razaks Optus, then with morrowind collectors I got dwarven spider with blue lights.

Honestly I don't care about stepping on toes it's a cosmetic pet given out 3+ years ago in the grand scheme of things one day the game will be shutdown and no one will have anything they paid for except the memories.

I say we play your game put in hundreds to thousands of hours and dollars explore and embrace this digital fantasy world let the customers and fans know you stand by them all the hardcore rpg fans to the casuals, to the grinders etc. Honestly there is very little reason not to bring things back like that they don't negatively impact gameplay they only augment the experience.

I'm still wanting the treasure hunter outfit to come back so I can role play my new characters having a little mechanical or natural pet just amplifies the experience.
    I don't mind paying for an outfit, a mount a pet jewelry or hairstyles so it's not monetary issues it's whether you support the players or not?

I have dlc and dungeons I can't do because I don't have a full party of friends to play with sometimes the only content that keeps me playing is what I can do solo and the inanimate pets and gear I wear it's depressing as heck putting it out like that but it's how it is. I'm not social enough to befriend every random I see, finding good honest people to trust who don't judge you by your gear or champion level/dps isn't easy I'm in multiple guilds but ppl seem to be social or helpful when they feel like it.

I'm sorry if that when slightly off topic but at the core of this game the principle idea is to make something wonderful to be enjoyed by all players.
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Visit every dwemer dungeon/ruin in tamriel your loyalty to exploration has been rewarded achievement unlocked dwarven archaeologist 100 pts as a bonus you've earned a loyal dwarven sphere as a companion.

Seriously that easy.
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave this lil rewards to the players which earned them.
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who supported the game from beta/release, I don't like the idea of the loyalty rewards being re-introduced now.

They were given out to reward the loyalty of those who subbed to the game before a sub became optional. To take those rewards away from those people and give them out freely now seems wrong to me.

As someone who still uses the tiger mount to this day, I'm completely against them coming back.

Re-skins is a different thing. Surely a re-skin would suffice. But the originals should stay loyalty rewards from back in the day.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I have always said they should bring them all back as loyalty rewards to anyone who subs for the required time.

I don't think loyalty to a game should be judged by first in the door but by those who actually do support it. Also it's another thing to drive subs, which ZOS want.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    I bought /pre ordered 2 Xbox imperial collectors editions I had no pc or Xbox one at the time...., i then had to save to buy a new tv that Xbox one would work on plus an Xbox one then subbed for 10 to 11 months.....
    I also ended up building a gaming pc later $800 there still can't get a sphere....

So I ask you how big of a fan do I HAVE to be to get 1 pet?
    Because apparently getting all that didn't cut it. You talk about loyal like it only applies to the PC to Xbox players but some of us had to wait some of us shelled out way more than a pre order and some eso+ subscription to get something only to be told.

"Oh sorry you didn't order play and do the right things in the right way to get that thing.

Seriously I bought my 360 for oblivion after replaying morrowind for 1000+hours, I delved cyrodiil and skyrim each 800+hours and I held off buying Xbox one after the shoddy work that was launch 360s and as soon as eso was announced I was on the phone to Gamestop about editions etc.

So when you say ppl like me shouldn't get a pet I'm sorry if I seem a bit offended because after everything I did to get to where I am in game able to play I think 1 dwarven sphere is the least they could give. I'm sorry if I get emotional about it but gosh darn it it's elder scrolls....none of us would be such fans if we weren't so passionate about tamriel and all the adventures we embark on there in eso or the other games past present and future...
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't own any of these old loyalty rewards, but I believe they should not be introduced, despite the majority (and me) wanting them as well.

The players who have got their currently unobtainable dwarven spheres as a relic of their past achievements and loyalty for the game. It shows their dedication and their time invested, and re-introducing would just lose the meaning of all this. Maybe however, introduce a glowing dwarven sphere or an arquebus, which would differintiate between the elites and the 'reintroduction' you're hoping for.
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    I just remember original morrowind I was so enraptured by the dwarves and they're disappearance and collecting unique things and the like I set up a dwarven museum home in the ruins next to balmora where you SPOILERS collect the dwarven puzzle box (Lol decade after release spoiler jokes)

I've been hoping to save up and buy an actual large house hopefully they release a dwarven ruin home or rerelease the orc mountain home Pariah Pinnacle.
    I just love the dwarven and by extension clockwork city items now. Having little mechanical pal bigger than a dwarven spider sounds fun
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:10AM
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Lol running my lightening sorc my sound fx volume is lowered anyway so it probably would bother me.

I also recently found out they had killed off old unique drops with one tamriel like the crescent stuff that one dremora Lord could drop...

Stuff like that really bums me out as a retro kinda elder scrolls collector if I had known about so many things getting removed from drops/circulation I probably would have tried leveling more and or collecting things....

Trueflame oh how you could have been my magnum opus if only I had been an fisherman jokes...
  • FanmaR
    FanmaR
    ✭✭✭
    Necroing this because I still want a Dwemer Sphere pet.

Doesn't have to be the same one. Maybe a new one with a slightly different colour scheme or something. I meant he Dwemer Spider has like 5 versions lately. Why not a pet?

Sincerely, a huge dwemer fanatic.
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should leave the loyalty rewards alone for those who already have them. However, maybe a reskin? They've added a few varieties of dwemer styles now, any number of those skins could be placed on the sphere or a sphere variant.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Provided they make all
    Geroken777 wrote: »
    I don't own any of these old loyalty rewards, but I believe they should not be introduced, despite the majority (and me) wanting them as well.

The players who have got their currently unobtainable dwarven spheres as a relic of their past achievements and loyalty for the game. It shows their dedication and their time invested, and re-introducing would just lose the meaning of all this. Maybe however, introduce a glowing dwarven sphere or an arquebus, which would differintiate between the elites and the 'reintroduction' you're hoping for.

What an honourable attitude. A rare thing these days, putting the feelings of others before yourself. You sir, have my respect.

Some things should not be earnable by everybody, just as certain skins and personalities are virtually unavailable to casual solo, guild-less players who don't log on often. I would really like the worm personality, necrotic hoarver, soul shriven skin etc, but the chances of a super casual player such as myself getting them are slim to zero. I accept that. Either make everything easily accessible to all or do not. Half measures will always displease some people.

Edited by TheTwistedRune on July 17, 2019 12:06PM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Provided they make all
    Geroken777 wrote: »

What an honourable attitude. A rare thing these days, putting the feelings of others before yourself. You sir, have my respect.

Some things should not be earnable by everybody, just as certain skins and personalities are virtually unavailable to casual solo, guild-less players who don't log on often. I would really like the worm personality, necrotic hoarver, soul shriven skin etc, but the chances of a super casual player such as myself getting them are slim to zero. I accept that. Either make everything easily accessible to all or do not. Half measures will always displease some people.

Hey, those are still always accessible. One time deals are not. If it were still a loyalty reward for 9 months sub it would be ok. I don't see a problem with making something available to a wider public, it doesn't have to be gained easy but being elitist because you happened to play the game at a right time 5 years ago is a bit silly, don't you think? I certainly don't understand the appeal of exclusive content. If I have something I'm happy that I have it, not happy that others don't. And those assets still exist in game, they still take up memory space etc. Why not use them for something? Everything loses value over time and gets more common, I think that 5 years of having this exclusive vanity reward is enough, let others get it in some way.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah these loyalty rewards need to happen for console at some point, I get it was a special thing for PC back in the day but I'm getting real disheartened by ZoS (and the forums) where the console community is treated like we're "lesser" despite paying the exact amount for chapters, subs, crowns etc etc

Give us an opportunity to get the sphere please, been wanting one since console release
  • Berdusk
    Berdusk
    ✭✭✭
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I would like to see something similar (an alternative skin) become available, also...

...but because we now have Companions.

How cool would it be to run a quest to make one of these (or maybe a factotum with a similar quest?) available after repairing it and powering it with a soul gem or the like? Or what if it were a malfunctioning one with its own distinct personality?

You could outfit it with different gear/arms and armor.

Just a thought.