The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fighter's Guild Ability: Silver Leash

Savos_Saren
Savos_Saren
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I was using the Silver Leash ability on my StamWarden for [snip] and giggles (because I was trying to make a DK with high mobility :D ) and I noticed that sometimes the ability will strike an enemy and not be able to pull you toward them. It's almost like the first hit gives them immunity and then the "tighten" ability won't work. It only happens every once in a while- but I'm pretty sure that's not working as intended. Has anyone else had this issue?

[Edited to remove profanity]
Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 23, 2018 5:15PM
Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
Savos Saren
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's like the skill got stuck at 1 year ago, where even the slightest difference in terrain height could make the gap closer not fire off.

In short, it's bugged AF.
    Edited by Didaco on January 22, 2018 4:11PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    high mobility DK... well.

before the ''use speed pot'' guys come in, I would like to say your best bet is equipping a bow and focusing on dodge rolls, but at that point why play a stamDk?

on the actual issue, that skill is bugged AF and as a result useless, like most of the fighters guild/undaunted skills.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 22, 2018 6:24PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be better if they overhaul the figher's guild skill line as a whole. Only DB and Trap are somewhat useful. Hunter is mostly only of the 10% crit chance on my bar. Just a few ideas:

Silver Leash should act as an universal gap closer. On the first activation, not on the second. As a drawback for being not bound to a weapon it should remain with the delay from the projectile travel time. Maybe speed that up or slow it down accordingly.
    Silver Bolts should get it's stun on Vamps and WW back.

Cicle of Protection needs lower costs.
    Turn Undead should be an area denial skill, where it fears the first X Vampires & WW that enter the ring, not just upon activation.
    Ring of Preservation should get a minor dodge chance added to it.

Exper Hunter lacks behind Mage Light. It needs a litte buff but should not become a Mage Light copy.
    Evil Hunter needs another active component. Cost Reduction of FG abilites is a joke because half of the FG abilites are jokes. I'd vote for major brutality or minor fracture and breach if pointed on Undead.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be better if they overhaul the figher's guild skill line as a whole. Only DB and Trap are somewhat useful. Hunter is mostly only of the 10% crit chance on my bar. Just a few ideas:

Silver Leash should act as an universal gap closer. On the first activation, not on the second. As a drawback for being not bound to a weapon it should remain with the delay from the projectile travel time. Maybe speed that up or slow it down accordingly.
    Silver Bolts should get it's stun on Vamps and WW back.

Cicle of Protection needs lower costs.
    Turn Undead should be an area denial skill, where it fears the first X Vampires & WW that enter the ring, not just upon activation.
    Ring of Preservation should get a minor dodge chance added to it.

Exper Hunter lacks behind Mage Light. It needs a litte buff but should not become a Mage Light copy.
    Evil Hunter needs another active component. Cost Reduction of FG abilites is a joke because half of the FG abilites are jokes. I'd vote for major brutality or minor fracture and breach if pointed on Undead.

Expert hunter isn't really a reliable cloak counter sadly.
    And It costs A LOT, for what it does.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's a few things in the FG skill line that could really use an overhaul.

Silverbolt:
    1) Silver Leash should be a generic chain pull akin to DK chains that automatically pulls you towards the target upon connecting with them
    2) Silver Shard should have its old Knock Down effect reestablished.

Circle of Protection:
    1) Turn Undead should be a DoT that hurts enemies that enter with added damage to undead and werewolves
    2) Circle of Preservation should apply Minor Health steal + Minor Stamina Steal to enemies that enter

Expert Hunter
    Evil Hunter should passively reduce cost of FG abilities without needing to be activated.
    Camo Hunter should apply Minor Berserk without the requirement of hitting from stealth.

Argonian forever