The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please rework Cyrodiil objective quests

efster
efster
✭✭✭✭✭
no, hear me out

say you're a random (insert your alliance) pug like me. you load into your home base and check the quest bulletin boards.
TjDARdW.png
Your alliance is, apparently, run by the same rodents that power the megaservers -- because they are convinced that your time as a ~*~warrior for your alliance~*~ is best spent conquering some keep or resource at the end of the known universe.

MEANWHILE your own alliance is down to its 3keeps and most of the resources on THOSE are the wrong colour, too.

FTLOG, ZoS, please make these quests reactive to what's actually happening on the map. I half feel like this used to be the case once upon a time but got changed, in that case:
qovdqmJ.jpg
Same as scroll quests - if home scrolls are missing, that's all you can get. Why not the rest? If all home keeps and resources are owned by your alliance already, then fine, give out quests that provide bonus Horse Simulator Online. But if Alessia and all its resources are red, and I, an AD pug, show up at the ~battle mission~ board, give me Alessia, not frickin Farragut, because nobody in their right mind is going to go to Farragut unless they're REALLY desperate for AP and/or a guild group looking to farm/pull some attention away from home keeps/whatever.

please and thank you

PS yes, I know you can farm the boards for a specific quest, that is stupid and not fun and not the point. Cyrodiil alliance quests are all dressed up in ~fight for ur homeland, proud warriorz~ lore and so should help your alliance with the current campaign, not be random and pointless.

PPS also make Cheydinhal and Weynon Priory capturable towns and possible respawn points, thx ever so

9d6LzDT.jpg
AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I remember saying this many years ago. I even came up with a priority list. Quest for the keep at the top should take priority over any others.
    Enodoc wrote: »
    In my opinion, there should be a precedence of keep missions, detailed below (assuming your alliance owns nothing at the top of the list, and everything at the bottom), in which the ones higher up in the list are more likely to be given:
    1. Join an in-progress Assault/Defence (inner wall above 50%)
    2. (Re-)Capture Home Gate Keeps
    3. (Re-)Capture Home Hub Keep
    4. (Re-)Capture Home Ring Keeps
    5. (Re-)Capture Home Outer Keep
      At this point, your alliance owns all of their Home keeps, and none of the Enemy keeps. No bonuses are given for controlling Enemy keeps if you don't control all Home keeps, so recapturing Home keeps should have mission precedence over capturing any Enemy ones.
    6. Capture Enemy Ring Keeps
    7. Capture Enemy Hub/Outer Keeps
    8. Capture Enemy Gate Keeps
    (The full thread is about implementing Keep Defence missions, if you're interested.)
    Edited by Enodoc on January 22, 2018 8:24PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    efster wrote: »
    FTLOG, ZoS, please make these quests reactive to what's actually happening on the map. I half feel like this used to be the case once upon a time but got changed, in that case:
    Same as scroll quests - if home scrolls are missing, that's all you can get. Why not the rest? If all home keeps and resources are owned by your alliance already, then fine, give out quests that provide bonus Horse Simulator Online. But if Alessia and all its resources are red, and I, an AD pug, show up at the ~battle mission~ board, give me Alessia, not frickin Farragut, because nobody in their right mind is going to go to Farragut unless they're REALLY desperate for AP and/or a guild group looking to farm/pull some attention away from home keeps/whatever.

please and thank you

PS yes, I know you can farm the boards for a specific quest, that is stupid and not fun and not the point. Cyrodiil alliance quests are all dressed up in ~fight for ur homeland, proud warriorz~ lore and so should help your alliance with the current campaign, not be random and pointless.

PPS also make Cheydinhal and Weynon Priory capturable towns and possible respawn points, thx ever so

giphy.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link @Enodoc -- that's a great thread, and I agree. I could have sworn the quests have not always had such terrible map "awareness" but I guess it was wishful thinking.

ZOS pls

pls
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    efster wrote: »
    Thanks for the link @Enodoc -- that's a great thread, and I agree. I could have sworn the quests have not always had such terrible map "awareness" but I guess it was wishful thinking.

ZOS pls

pls

As long as I can remember we got those stupid 'conquer keep' quests. Even when you had not one single keep it would still give you a quest to capture an enemy alliance gate-keep.
    Who designed and autorized this???
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    236ubb.jpg

Agree. Seemed obvious from the first day of pvp that this should be the case.

Also, please give me some reason to go to Hackdirt. I love that place.

• efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ the mods did you seriously move this to the PVE section of the forums

whoops, there go my eyes they've rolled right out of the back of my head
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ture good idea

But I would also be happy if the quests were not bugged in PVP

Most of the time me and my guildmates cant take new quest in SHOR PC EU but we can on other campaigns ...

Used to be able to take them everwhere