The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

End game stamina traits - what is “best in slot”?

WhoSlappedThePie
WhoSlappedThePie
✭✭✭
I’ve seen a few different guides with main weapon 1 (dagger) being precise and off hand (dagger) being nirnhorned, is this the best right now?

I’ve also seen front bar infused (staff) and back bar (nirnhorned) for mag sorc but I know a few people using 2 infused?

Is there a best trait?
"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
Magsorc Breton
Magblade Darkelf
Stam DK Redguard
Healer Templar High Elf
Tank DK Argonian
Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In terms of staves, 2x infused will give you better single target dmg, but 1x nirn on back bar will give you slightly better AoE.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Ok that’s interesting, thanks :) so a mixture in a team would be nice I guess.

Still what about stamina traits? Does the same work then for nirnhorned? Aoe increase?

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For dual wield, you will never want to use nirn on your off hand, but only on your main hand. This is because you only gain 26% of the damage of your off hand weapon, while you gain 100% of your main hand's damage.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im either using nirn mainhand for an all round setup or infused for single target. Offhand usually precise.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    For dual wield, you will never want to use nirn on your off hand, but only on your main hand. This is because you only gain 26% of the damage of your off hand weapon, while you gain 100% of your main hand's damage.

you get 12 more weapon damage from a nirn off hand. 12. that is it.

Dual Wield Expert II: (WHILE DUAL WIELDING) Increases Weapon Damage by 6% of off-hand weapon's damage

See with normal dual wield, you get full weapon damage from your main hand, which is 1335 without nirn or 1535 with nirn. You get another 236 weapon Damage from your off hand at gold 160cp. With the above passive, you get another 80 weapon damage from the off hand. Of your off hand is nirn, you get 6% of 1535, or 92. So you get 12 more weapon damage.

right now bis is nirn main hand and infused off hand. the infused off hand also reduces the main hands cooldown, from 4 seconds to 2. back bar bow doesn't really matter, as none of the dots from keep the stats that they had when you asked them on, even poison injection recaluates based on the bar you have up at the time these days.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 22, 2018 11:53AM
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I'll use Nirn on the main weapon and then how come a few guides still say precise as the off hand?

Is precise it still viable? Does it make a tonne of difference? Alcast's builds, for example, say nirn & precise

Also, with the dual wield what glyphs are good? Poison (nirnhorned) & weapon damage (infused / precise)?
    Edited by WhoSlappedThePie on January 22, 2018 12:55PM

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    precise is better in aoe situations(read trash fights) but single target (boss fights) the nirn/infused will give you more dps.
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    If youre using infused you want poison on the infused and weapon damage on the offhand. dont know exactly whats better for nirn main, but I thinks it should be the same.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    OK, interesting, I guess i'll just keep the nirn/precise sets I have and then also have other sets with infused so I can switch it up.

I use: VO, morag tong, TFS, Hundings and NMG. So I'll have a few different trait weapons to choose from. Thanks for info!

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First of all nirnhoned offhand is useless as the offhand weapon does not give it's full damage. I personally run nirnhoned dagger mainhand and infused/precise dagger offhand. This gives me the highest over all DPS with coordinated groups and penetrationcap.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirn main hand, infused or precise offhand with nirn bow with double damage hp poisons for melee stam
    Edited by JobooAGS on February 1, 2018 6:37PM