The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka Regen??? Warden in Particular

Clarebear
Clarebear
✭✭
What I am wondering is if Dark Elf is good for playing a Warden. Is Breton as good as say High Elf for Magicka DPS/Support builds..? I'm looking to be able to buff and heal if needed while maintaining decent DPS for this class.

My fear is that have heard issues of Magicka Regen and not just for Warden but for any class using Magicka. Is this just something to worry about if I am going for endgame trials? Vet Dungeons...etc..?

Or should I even worry about what Race and just pick what I like looks wise (Wood Elf just as an example) and ignore the rest.
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    High Elf is my favorite for MagDPS classes with Dark Elf a second viable choice.

High Elf/Breton/Argonian are all good for MagHeal classes for different reasons but I personally prefer Argonian.

If you only plan on playing normal/Vet dungeons and overworld stuff then race isn't a big deal. If you plan on wanting to do vMA or Trials then race becomes very important for both sustain and DPS.

Don't let anyone in the game tell you race is cosmetic and doesn't matter. it is VERY important for high end content. Always remember though that player skill supercedes all and if you are very skilled you can make anything work. if you are like me and more of an average player then race becomes HUGE.
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW, I have an Argonian Warden Healer/DPS and magic sustain is not an issue at all. You just have to learn to weave in heavy attacks to recover your magicka as needed. I often don't need to heavy attack at all and rarely ever drop below half magicka.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you change your mind later, you can always buy a race change token.

Keep in mind that Wardens are strong in all end game roles except PvE DPS.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 21, 2018 6:32PM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For healer I think Breton is a bit superior to Highelf as he is tankier and more suited for being vampire and the sustain difference is pretty much non existant. If you want to do damage as well, I would go for Highelf.

Sustain is generally allways a issue for DPS, not in terms of being hard to do, but you need to find the best balance at which you can sustain trough a fight without too much damage loss. For healers I think sustain is not a issue at all, as you can always stack more regen without any real loss, esspecially on warden, as he scales heavily with basestats anyway.
    Edited by FakeFox on January 21, 2018 6:41PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say High Elf is best for DPS. Argonian is best for pure support (tank or healer). And Breton is best if you plan on switching between roles.

Personally I would not go with Dark Elf for Warden, since you won't be using many fire skills, and sustain is tough on Warden DPS.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark elf works well for warden healer, race is not very important for healer or tanks as for DD.
    For warden DD you would want to go stamina for PvE anyway no matter race, for PvP warden is very good.

Warden has very good sustain however as healer is a bit hard in pug dungeons as warden lack the big emergency heals templar or sorcerer have. If you have never healed before i would not start with warden.

As for race, first select an race you like, if you like multiple races go for the most fitting, an character of an race you hate is an bank alt :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Warden has very good sustain however as healer is a bit hard in pug dungeons as warden lack the big emergency heals templar or sorcerer have. If you have never healed before i would not start with warden.

I don't understand this. How does a Warden not have an emergency heal? I use Budding Seeds all the time for those "Oh ***" moments. It is an instant cast for a decent amount of health plus you can spam it plus it is very mana efficient AND INSTANT.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to cast Budding Seeds twice for it to be instant. Thus is takes two "cycles" and then it costs 6k magicka as opposed to 4k. Advantage of course it that it heals all group members in an 8 meter radius circle.

Or were you thinking of the mushrooms (Enchanted Growth)?
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    You need to cast Budding Seeds twice for it to be instant. Thus is takes two "cycles" and then it costs 6k magicka as opposed to 4k. Advantage of course it that it heals all group members in an 8 meter radius circle.

Or were you thinking of the mushrooms (Enchanted Growth)?
    Problem is that both are aimed, so an issue with DD who is all over the map, yes some is to kill adds but it makes BoL or matricark heal much easier.
    PvP, it was totally different, might be because of no cp and also lucky with zerg but yes I understand PvP players who want to nerf warden, was able to heal zerg and kill plenty of enemies while doing so.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just don't play a Warden. Very P2W. Fun in PvE though
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info