The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Question about appearance change/outfits

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
I never changed the appearance yet of anything so was trying to confirm if I can do through the new outfit style or transmute?

I want the appearance of the wurm cult light chest but want my current julianos stats on it. Can that be done through either system?
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will want the outfit system for that once it goes live somewhere next month. Outfit system is pure cosmetic and doesn't do anything with stats. It is a sort of costume. If the wurm cult chest motif is a motif page any one character on your account has learned, then yes you can fill your outfit chest slot with that motif look on any character. That will override your actually worn gear (julianos chest you currently wear) looks wise. Like a costume would. But it does not actually change the gear item (the julianos chest) you are currently wearing, so you keep the stats. And if you unselect the outfit your julianos chest piece will show again.

Transmute has nothing to do with looks. It simply makes you able to put another trait on a gear piece if you have 50 of the transmute gems. Does not change look or any other stat. It simply gives an alternative to grinding for that perfect trait (like divines) to drop on the gear you are farming for. Enchants are still changed with glyphs, and the rest is still set specific.
    Edited by Orticia on January 21, 2018 4:37PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll be able to do it, just not immediately as the Worm Cult motif won't be available to earn until the game's anniversary in April.
    signing off
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    You'll be able to do it, just not immediately as the Worm Cult motif won't be available to earn until the game's anniversary in April.

Ooo ok so you just need the motif unlocked on any character? That's actually really cool. Luckily then that motif will be out soon.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    seipher09 wrote: »
    Acrolas wrote: »

Ooo ok so you just need the motif unlocked on any character? That's actually really cool. Luckily then that motif will be out soon.

for outfit purposes any motif leaned is account wide. But not for actual crafting. That remains the same. For actually crafting gear in that style the character crafting it needs to have learned the style.