The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dissapointed

LiesandEther
LiesandEther
✭✭✭
I decided to join the PC community switching from console. On xbox one im cp 737 master crafter across the board with multiple toons and 99% of hardmode titles you can achieve. I've had people talk me into switching to PC. Yet I've spent the last 48hrs trying to get a set of training gear crafted with all of the guilds i've joined promised to make your first set or lower sets for free. This is not the community I expected. On console, if someone posts in zone they need crafting done, you can't keep up with the whispers, on PC, dead silence. I was hoping for a better experience, as anyone who grinds this game knows leveling without gear is just sitting in a puddle banging rocks together.
Edited by LiesandEther on January 21, 2018 1:44PM
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd. Zone chat is pretty active in the weekends. As are most trade guilds.
    Edited by Mic1007 on January 21, 2018 1:47PM
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on PC-EU? If so, contact me ingame @Loc2262 and I'll craft stuff for you. :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • LiesandEther
    LiesandEther
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA, the last two days have been hell with just picking up gear that npc's drop.
  • LiesandEther
    LiesandEther
    ✭✭✭
    Guessing PC/NA might not have been a wise choice lol
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "disappointed". Now then, I suspect you have just run into a bit of bad luck. I've been PC NA from the start and have found it quite helpful and accommodating. Also check out the guild recruitment section of the forums.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guessing PC/NA might not have been a wise choice lol

It’s usually more active. I’d help, but I won’t be online for a few more hours.

Keep trying. You’ll get your armor. :)
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC/NA. Drop me a note @Vulsahdaal and I'm sure I can help you with it.
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA is hit and miss on responses. I don't know if half the population can't type because 2 thumbs don't span the keyboard or if they have their chat box minimalized (I am guilty of the latter). It can seem rude and unwelcoming.

Biggest thing is not to hang out in Vvardenfell. The other populated zones are far superior to responses.
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think maybe some crafters have hit a bit of burnout after years of "hi, I'm new, gimme free stuff".

I crafted a lot of free gear, and the most recent few batches haven't even gotten a "thank you", never mind a tip.

My suggestion might be to up your chat game to make a crafter think you're going to be more fun than "gimme". (Not saying that's what you're doing, but- a little wine and dine can work wonders.)
  • LiesandEther
    LiesandEther
    ✭✭✭
    Appreciate the responses people. @Vulsahdaal helped me out. It's a completely different atmosphere on PC than console. There seems to be a lot more "social" guilds with lore junkies skyshard hunting and questing that goes on with PC than focus on just grinding toons out and wanting to hit end game content.

@milkbox those are the people who need gear every 2 levels. Those sort of people rub me the wrong way. If you're just leveling a toon, 2 sets should be sufficient, unless you have a grind buddy. Then 1 set should do you until you hit cp. The chat is a bit awkward with some of the stuff I've been seeing lol.. Not sure what the deal is with people just randomly typing x or y or z.. Attention i'm guessing. but never the less.

And I'm also spoiled with my console account being a master crafter multiple toons and enough cp to sustain through the next patch, being able to stay self sufficient.

But again, huge thanks to @Vulsahdaal for the help. And once I get this account to the same position as my console, if anyone needs anything just look me up. I'd be more than glad to help you out.

Also if you're on xbox one NA, and you need anything gamertag is - Lies and Ether, look me up. I'll help you out if you need it.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shortly after I started playing on NA/PC, I joined Craftaholics. They are a crafting and trade guild and very helpful. I now have two 9-trait crafters that would be more than happy to help you out when you need to upgrade that gear. I am @Hippie4927 . Also, look up Craftaholics.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on January 21, 2018 4:44PM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • LiesandEther
    LiesandEther
    ✭✭✭
    @Hippie4927 does Craftaholics have band or discord or someway to look them up. PC and guilds are a bit confusing to me. On console being able to have party and in game chat is the only benefit. But with guild everything is really focused on the Band mobile app. Havent figured out how/where to hunt guilds down on PC yet
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Hippie4927 does Craftaholics have band or discord or someway to look them up. PC and guilds are a bit confusing to me. On console being able to have party and in game chat is the only benefit. But with guild everything is really focused on the Band mobile app. Havent figured out how/where to hunt guilds down on PC yet

@LiesandEther They do have Discord but if you send me a friend request ingame, I can send you an invite. I will be on later tonight.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of crafters don't like making low level gear for zone chat strangers. Weird requests from people who don't understand what they need, what they want, and what they're asking for means burning a lot of time and not getting much to show for it. It ends up pretty draining.

Guild mate wants gear? Let's do this. Stranger wants gear... do I really want to get involved?
  • Kraynic
    Kraynic
    ✭✭
    Not sure what the deal is with people just randomly typing x or y or z.. Attention i'm guessing. but never the less.

There is an addon that will auto-invite people to your group if they type a specific thing in chat. Most likely what you are seeing is people joining dolmen farming groups.

From what you said in your initial post, it doesn't sound like your guilds are very helpful. Or maybe you don't have enough patience. The main guild I am in crafts gear by request, but it is spread amongst multiple crafters so we don't get burnt out. As a result, it usually takes several hours to a day for the crafter who is assigned a specific request to get on, make stuff, and send it. One good thing is that you can certainly get by on dropped gear better than you could before One Tamriel.
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to PC!

And the wonderful world of addons, discord and teamspeak.

There are a lot of good and active guilds out there (any of the 3 in my sig are great)- just keep dropping and adding until you find what's right for you.

Best of luck!
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I (we) would love to help you out!
    I will be on soon and you can contact me @wenchmore420 in game and I can send you a invite to our guild.
    Huzzah and welcome to NA/PC!
    Sorry you had a bad initial experience. We are really a good community...
    ~Wench~
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on January 21, 2018 5:43PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to join the PC community switching from console. On xbox one im cp 737 master crafter across the board with multiple toons and 99% of hardmode titles you can achieve. I've had people talk me into switching to PC. Yet I've spent the last 48hrs trying to get a set of training gear crafted with all of the guilds i've joined promised to make your first set or lower sets for free. This is not the community I expected. On console, if someone posts in zone they need crafting done, you can't keep up with the whispers, on PC, dead silence. I was hoping for a better experience, as anyone who grinds this game knows leveling without gear is just sitting in a puddle banging rocks together.

It's definitely tied to time of day and the zone you're in. It's unfortunate that you've gotten this impression of the PC community. It's much better than that.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • LiesandEther
    LiesandEther
    ✭✭✭
    @wenchmore420b14_ESO I would love an invite to the/a guild lol ingame name is same here @LiesandEther
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just find zone chat so full of crap that I hardly ever read it. I have tabs for my guilds and usually just keep them on top and ignore zone chat.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a multiple inquiries from random people for the basic sets, but even as master crafter I don't reply, simply because my services are only for guildies and people I know. I don't have time for crafting to random players who are in game one day and quit on another and I never see them again. My advice, join a social guild, start to play with others, let yourself be known as kind and friendly and then you will have plenty of guild crafters willing to spend their time for crafting your gears for free.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @LiesandEther don't fall prey to @wenchmore420b14_ESO and his charms! jk I'm a member of his guild Conclave of Shadows. I think you'll enjoy it.
    As for your comment about the random "X, Y, Z" you see typed in chat I think you're probably referring to people wanting to join forming dolman, WB, and dungeon groups. Welcome aboard the PC NA express!
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @wenchmore420b14_ESO I would love an invite to the/a guild lol ingame name is same here @LiesandEther

Invitation Sent!! Welcome to the Family!!

LOL!... Guess @milkbox beat me to it!! Huzzah Milk!!
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on January 21, 2018 8:59PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kraynic wrote: »
    Or maybe you don't have enough patience.

Yeah, I’m a little disappointed by the OP’s sense of entitlement too.

Then pushing that view across to the entire NA PC community ... when it could happen on any platform in any mediocre guild.

Training gear isn’t required to play the game.

Only players, who have a perception that they need to grind XP, put that on themselves.

Especially crafting ... where you need inspiration in the crafting trade and not XP. You can level all your crafting skills to 50 before your character actually reaches level 50.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 12:53AM
  • LiesandEther
    LiesandEther
    ✭✭✭

Then pushing that view across to the entire NA PC community ... when it could happen on any platform in any mediocre guild.

Training gear isn’t required to play the game.

Only players, who have a perception that they need to grind XP, put that on themselves.

And some people have no drive or interest in completing end game content. Like I said, previously, some players are just social players or lore junkies who've been playing bethesda games since 94. The only entitlement comment made was yours about other guilds being 'mediocre'. Pot meet Kettle. I know on console, please by all means look me up, xbox one na server. I help any and every person I can. No questions asked, besides what they need or advice to better suit their playstyle. Thanks for the salt in the thread though. If you want to complete end game content, yes you absolutely need to grind xp.
  • Kraynic
    Kraynic
    ✭✭
    I'm not at all convinced that is true on grinding xp. I know you can be well past cp160 just doing core story quests and gathering skyshards from delves and public dungeons by the time you are through Cadwell's gold. And that is without doing any side quests, group dungeons, or even doing all the dolmens. It sure leaves you with a lot more skill points to play with instead of grinding your way up, so you can get a decent start on crafting as you go.
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is absolutely no need whatsoever to grind XP in this game. You WILL get to 50, or CP 160, or CP690, in a very reasonable amount of time simply by playing the game.
  • LiesandEther
    LiesandEther
    ✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    There is absolutely no need whatsoever to grind XP in this game. You WILL get to 50, or CP 160, or CP690, in a very reasonable amount of time simply by playing the game.

What is a reasonable amount of time to you, I challenge you to start an account on a platform foreign to you. And make it to 720cp before next dlc update. When they raise the cp ceiling again. (not dragon bones)
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to say, eso community isnt the greatest out there (on any platform) but i dont blame the player base though as the developers made it this way with
    -lack of group content,
    -no social support within game,
    -test dummies (good in theory but just another trolling tool).
    -Allowing addons (pc, consoles are lucky not to have them)

If anything the pc guys are can be more proactive.