The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

moved

DoctorESO
DoctorESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
moved
Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 11:25PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where does the number of forum threads one creates fit into your assessment?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Beat me to it.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a no lifer by your definition

But I have a pretty sweet life :)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I was in danger of that kind of tipping point, I have six alts, with the next update that’s being reduced to four. I need to feel connected to a charecter and the more there are the more diluted the becomes.

Currently
    Magica Templar
    Stamina Dragon Knight
    Magica Dragon Knight
    Magica Sorcerer
    Nightblade that’s been both
    Magica Warden

The warden is going when I realised I was playing basicaly for just one ability, the ice aoe
    The nightblade is going as while it has some interesting mechanics it simply cannot compete with the visual spectacle of the Dragon Knight

Instead I will pick up an extra outfit slot or two and create more charecter depth that way
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people want to whittle their lives away on a game for hours, days, weeks, months and years that's their problem. Look at what could be achieved in the real world if you put all that energy and time into actual goals and ambitions. The rich folk making money off the no-lifers didn't get there by spending all day, everyday on a game.

That said, fairly sure no-lifers are rare, and most gaming adults have some healthy balance in their lives.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    If people want to whittle their lives away on a game for hours, days, weeks, months and years that's their problem. Look at what could be achieved in the real world if you put all that energy and time into actual goals and ambitions. The rich folk making money off the no-lifers didn't get there by spending all day, everyday on a game.

That said, fairly sure no-lifers are rare, and most gaming adults have some healthy balance in their lives.

Some of us have already done all that and are now retired. :) Thus we have plenty of time to wallow in our enjoyment that we had to set aside for all those years of working. I've put my energy, years, time, etc. into goals, ambitions, career etc. Now is the time to relax and enjoy.

It's a lovely "problem" to have.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25 hours a week isn’t hard to do at all if you have the capability to work from home.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who are you to decide who is a no lifer? I have 14 cp 880 chars on a main account, and 6 cp 350 chars on my mule account. 2 other chars are not even lvl 50, so I have life.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of us have already done all that and are now retired. :) Thus we have plenty of time to wallow in our enjoyment that we had to set aside for all those years of working. I've put my energy, years, time, etc. into goals, ambitions, career etc. Now is the time to relax and enjoy.

That's lovely, I hope to be able to enjoy gaming many years from now when I'm retired. A life time of working warrants lots of play time in my view. I'm really talking about young adults still with their lives way ahead of them.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on January 21, 2018 8:39AM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ye 25 hours a week is easy and deffo not a 'no lifer', its approximately 3.5 hrs a day, you could full time job (8 hrs), sleep for 8 hours, play 3.5 hours a day and gym or other hobby on weekdays all within our allotted 24 hours with a little spare, and lets not consider even the weekends where you could party all weekend and still fit in your 3.5hrs eso lulz.

'No lifer' is sleep, eso, sleep, eso, sleep, eso.....the cycle continues, ja?
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    @DoctorESO Are you trying to set a new record for Max Numbers of Threads created per day?
    Edited by Alcast on January 21, 2018 8:49AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Who are you to decide who is a no lifer? I have 14 cp 880 chars on a main account, and 6 cp 350 chars on my mule account. 2 other chars are not even lvl 50, so I have life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ySgb8pqXzM
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on January 21, 2018 8:44AM
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's lovely, I hope to be able to enjoy gaming many years from now when I'm retired. A life time of working warrants lots of play time in my view. I'm really talking about young adults still with their lives way ahead of them.

Eh...we make choices. Some choose partying, some sports, some community work etc. It's all about balance and, to my way of thinking, the "definition" put forth is not rising to "no life" by any stretch.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 11:25PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 11:26PM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I knew who posted this thread just by reading the title alone.
    Edited by D0PAMINE on January 21, 2018 9:21AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Let's not bring forums into no life discussions. :sweat_smile:

Eh when I was unemployed I think I fit all the OP's prereqs, these days I play less due to work and other games with my friends who are not ESO players but I think if someone is enjoying the game and their real life isn't taking a hit from it who's to say someone plays too much.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

^^This^^ Now that I am retired, I have plenty of time to be a "no-life player" and still have a life, if that makes sense.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Ahmbor
    Ahmbor
    ✭✭✭
    • I'm a "no-life book reader" i read more than 25hr per week
    • I'm a "no-life worker" i work more than 25hr per week
    • I'm a "no-life music listener" i listen to music more than 25hr per week

Holy ***... so many "no-life" people around the world.

• Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I was fat, but then I got more time to play eso and I forgot to eat sometimes so now I'm handsome and slim. Profit.
    PC/EU
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really enjoying these posts Dr ESO, please continue making them!!!!!!!!!!
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Pennylong
    Pennylong
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's being a no lifer, I think it's more of compulsive behaviour associated with a lot of MMOs. No Lifer is a term you could broadly apply to any number of compulsions or addictions.
  • Balticthunder
    Balticthunder
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    @DoctorESO Are you trying to set a new record for Max Numbers of Threads created per day?

He tries to beat that Aliaylana guy (sorry if misspelled) !
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can someone please put a limit on this guys threads? Zos? Gina? Anyone!?
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    And what about "no-life ESO forum posters" ?
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3,600 champion points earned ;)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The threshold is having so much time on their hands they post allover the forums relentlessly flaming persons who are dissatisfied with the game in any way,
    Edited by Invincible on January 21, 2018 1:18PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you are so self-righteous, I worked hard for 30 years to enjoy my "no life". :p
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    3,600 champion points earned ;)

What does someone at CP3600 even do? Fish?
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like it outside.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....