The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is ESO PvP Recovering?

Vizier
Vizier
✭✭✭✭✭
Lately the prime-time and Friday / Saturday Night PvP queues seem YUGE. Is it me or do you think maybe it's getting time to add a campaign or two to PC NA ?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too soon. They literally just got rid of them. Shor is more populated these days but lacks players except for NA prime time.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer that everyone is bunched into one campaign, makes for quicker access to fights (for those of us who aren't looking to play horse simulator online)
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    I prefer that everyone is bunched into one campaign, makes for quicker access to fights (for those of us who aren't looking to play horse simulator online)

Bleh no, some of us need low pop campaigns or it's just frustrating.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason the queue is so large is that ZOS has lowered the population caps to a fraction of what they once were.

Also it seems that every batpulse monkey spammer that ever spammed is now coming back to ESO in anticipation of the removal of AOE caps. That alone should tell you how the next few months of PvP are going to be once the new patch hits.

So if by PvP recovering, you mean more no skill blobspam groups are running around and the lag is as bad as it ever was, then the answer is yes.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason the queue is so large is that ZOS has lowered the population caps to a fraction of what they once were.

Also it seems that every batpulse monkey spammer that ever spammed is now coming back to ESO in anticipation of the removal of AOE caps. That alone should tell you how the next few months of PvP are going to be once the new patch hits.

So if by PvP recovering, you mean more no skill blobspam groups are running around and the lag is as bad as it ever was, then the answer is yes.

I'm just talking about numbers of players as represented by the backup in the queues. It seems a bit problematic subscribing to a game and waiting an hour to get into PvP. Maybe it's time for ZOS to introduce queue priority for subscribers then.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »

I'm just talking about numbers of players as represented by the backup in the queues. It seems a bit problematic subscribing to a game and waiting an hour to get into PvP. Maybe it's time for ZOS to introduce queue priority for subscribers then.

Or they could use all that money they are making hand over fist to actually fix the servers and revert PvP to the way it used to be supporting 300 players on screen at the same time then no one would be in a queue.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zergs bloody everywhere so yeah, I guess we can say recovering
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think games like destiny and fortnite took alot of pvp'ers away.

Now they are starting to trickle back in.

New camp needed!
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Blanco wrote: »

Bleh no, some of us need low pop campaigns or it's just frustrating.

Fair enough,

But can't stand those, however, if you are looking to play horse simulator online, that is right where you need to be
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed some improvements in perform tonight . Fingers crossed it lasts . It's going to take a lot of better nights to say we are on the up .
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:57PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    give IC it's own map - give all the true crazies a place to play...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100% no, that is P2W.

Just go SothaSil while you wait.

More campaigns is what dragged PvP down for a while.as people spread out and people used them to flip Emp or PvEers hid away without getting involved.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately the prime-time and Friday / Saturday Night PvP queues seem YUGE. Is it me or do you think maybe it's getting time to add a campaign or two to PC NA ?

There are ~120 players per alliance in vivec. Since everybody wants in there (because it is the most populous and 30 days gets you a 50 transmute gem) the ques are big. There is nothing but an insta-que for all other campaigns so there is probably not much reason for expansion beyond that some want less populated places to farm emperor or AP by means of uncontested keep flipping. Since ZOS doesn't want either of these things there seems little reason to add more campaigns.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to upgrade the servers. We need our PVP back as it was in 2014.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor was pop locked for a large part of today. That was pretty cool.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple answer

NO, still a laggy mess
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    100-150 poplock per alliance. There is usually 2 camps pop locked?

Edited by Alcast on January 21, 2018 9:23AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be nice on PC-NA seeing PvP performance steadily getting fixed, and not having all the politics and alliance-swapping as prevalent as on console...

ESO PvP on console (PS4-NA) is still pretty much dead, and a running joke. Sure there are brief moments when on weekends it would appear that it isn’t suffering as badly, but n’ah. It’s a wrap for Cyrodiil-based PvP on console. And it’s the community which killed it with their numerous cross-alliance dealings and politics. So in a sense we (the players) have ourselves to blame for players not wanting to get involved with the drama as nonsense. We have ourselves to blame for always talking about how we’re going to expose this and that guild or person. And for having PvP guilds being extremely elitist and toxic. We have ourselves to blame for tolerating the emperorship sharing and people buying emperor. Not earning it. Then throw all that together with ZOS adding in the: Freezing, lag, and texture rendering issues, and you have a recipe for disaster.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4 NA both CP campaigns have long ques, one campaign is all DC, the other all EP.
    But I think what is happening is we are overloaded with people coming in to get transmutation crystals before the nerf to the drop rate in the next patch.
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 21, 2018 12:41PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4 NA both CP campaigns have long ques, one campaign is all DC, the other all EP.
    But I think what is happening is we are overloaded with people coming in to get transmutation crystals before the nerf to the drop rate in the next patch.

But, how frequent is that (the campaigns having long queues)? Outside of Friday and Saturday evenings, there were little to no queues to get into Vivec and Shor. Maybe, just maybe the queue would be 5 people. Maybe 20 max. But that was it. And even then, that in and of itself was a rarity.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just wanted to kick in on this thread with some true insight: doom and gloom, doom and gloom, followed by - more doom and gloom...oh, woe is me...

yeah, that's about it...

Edit: tying transmute crystals to the rewards for the worthy bags was super helpful...when they begin limiting crystal retrieval to once per day per account - it's gonna thin things out a bit perhaps...

been going in to IC more lately to start collecting stones...

once the containers go on sale for tel var - hopefully the districts and sewers will truly come alive again...

great place for group fighting - particularly AvAvA battles...

I just wish they'd release all the district platforms back to available re-spawn locations...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 21, 2018 11:11PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place