Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The Endless Stair

ProfesseurFreder
ProfesseurFreder
✭✭✭✭✭
... is truly ferakin' endless. Why are there no wayshrines into the various stages of the thing? I had to quit when I got to the dark anchor section, because I ran out of time. Frankly, I only kept going as long as I did in the HOPE that I would come to a wayshrine so I could quit. It never happened, and I can't go on any longer. Some of us have lives to live. Now am I going to have to fight my way back through all those stages that I've already completed? Why am I not able to wayshrine in to the section where I left off?

This is a pain in the ass -- not fun at all.
"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
-- William Faulkner.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, wayshrine placement is a bit scarce in that quest section. At least you get to keep your quest progress, since it's not a solo instance. :)

Consider it an opportunity to collect some XP and loot. There's worse issues in this game.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You definitely have to make sure your character gets the few wayshrines that are available up there. That way, he can go back easily.
    I won't even do that part of the main quest-line unless I have an entire free afternoon.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you can also do is ask a friend, guildie or even in zone chat for a player to "taxi" you to the wayshrine in question. Usually works very quickly.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    I never even noticed that could be a problem, but then again I'm not in that group of the "some of us" that have lives. *cries in corner*
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:21AM