The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What are the limitations of joining a guild that doesn't belong to the faction you're in?

TheBigBadDoom
Title

Best Answers

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't run Cyrodiil content with differing factions. I think that's about it. I'm in two guilds and no one cares about factions. If several in the guild of the same faction want to do some Cyrodiil work, they get together and do so. So it depends on the content you're interested in and if Cyrodiil is a big part of that.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Answer ✓
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no real (technical) guild related restrictions concerning factions. Like Acadian said, it's only about grouping in Cyrodiil. Battlegrounds and dueling also works cross-faction. So it wouldn't make sense joining a pure PvP (Alliance War) guild of a different faction, but that's more of a social aspect. :)

Edited by Loc2262 on January 20, 2018 12:34PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
    Answer ✓
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only thing GUILD related is claming resources/keeps for the guild - you can't claim for this guild if your character does not belong to the guild faction. That is all.

It does not prevent you from joining with other faction chars. It does not limit your access to cyrodiil.

Guild membership does not grant cross faction grouping in cyrodiil.
    Answer ✓
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:54PM
    Answer ✓
  • TheBigBadDoom
    Thanks for all your answers, I'll keep that in mind once I plan on doing some PvP.