The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PvP Templar Build?

grandma99z
grandma99z
Soul Shriven
So i'm not an experienced player whatsoever currently sitting at cp 271, i was just wondering if anyone could try to help me out with a skill/gear setup with an argonian templar i want to be able to heal and deal good damage in pvp i'm just not sure what would be best for my character.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    look up despotic on you tube
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What skills do you like using, do you like ranged, melee combat, etc.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the heal + damage thing is a little tricky because it's hard to do both well at the same time. This is what I wold run to primarily do damage but provide a little heals. It's a decent setup that doesn't require too farming.

Craft yourself 5 shacklebreaker (or ask/pay someone if you don't have Morrowind) for Chest, Gloves, Legs, Hands, Belts. Make it all impenetrable trait

Your other 5 piece armor will be Transmutation. You want 2 rings, 1 neck, 1 shield, and 1 one-handed weapon (does NOT matter which, buy cheap axe/mace, not expensive sword). Blue jewelry is perfectly fine and dirt cheap because blue has 95% the stats as purple. You can buy these (all will be cheap) or spend AP at the Cropsford Vendor (I would buy it from guild traders because it will be dirt cheap).

You then use a Monster set of choice. Valkyn is good for damage. Bloodspawn is good for defense. Pirate skeleton also good for defense. I don't really like the healing Monster sets, so I'd go with one of those three.

However you arrange it, have either 5 light or 5 heavy, and 1 medium, and 1 light or heavy. I prefer light. some people swear by heavy. I like 6 pieces of impen and 1 sturdy. All armor pieces should be purple.

Your "back bar" is one-hand (charged or precise works) and shield (sturdy). These are decent skills for what you want to do:
    1. Extended Ritual (use this morph)
    2. Breath of Life
    3. Channeled focus
    4. Structured entropy
    5. Hasty Prayer if you really want to be a "healer," Purifying light otherwise

Your front bar if you care about damage is either 2 actual swords (which are Willpower, these you can buy or get from tel Var.
    Gold Nirnhoned main hand, purple Sharpened off-hand [note: the weapon bonus for off-hand is really small so golding it is a luxury, not a necessity) or a Gold Nirnhoned Destro staff (it does not need to be from a set, though i you can get a Master's, obviously use that). Both have their pros and cons. Staff has easier ultimate gain and can restore magicka by heavy attack. Swords do more damage. Skills are primary for offense:
    1. Reflective Light (use this morph)
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Total Dark / Unstable Core (both morphs have pros and cons)
    4. Radiant Glory (use this morph until ZoS fixes the damage)
    5. If you put Hasty Prayer on your back bar, be sure to put Purifying Light here. Otherwise, either Aurora Javelin or Toppling Charge (if you get your hands on Master Destro, use the Destructive Reach skill here)

At that CP, try to get your regen to about 1900-2000. You get this through some combination of Mundas stone, Magicka recovery glyphs or by using using Witchmother's brew drink. The drink is easiest, but does come at the cost of a modest stamina pool, which the shacklbreaker helps a lot to alleviate and why it's a good set (if you are rich, consider using glyphs of prismatic defense for the legs and chest armor pieces). Once you have the regen sorted out, put your other jewelry glyphs to spell damage.

There, you have a nice all around build that can actually kill other players, provide some good support to allies with the strong transmutation set, toss out some heals, and defend yourself without being a "block heal bot".
    Edited by Joy_Division on January 20, 2018 3:20PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, the heal + damage thing is a little tricky because it's hard to do both well at the same time. This is what I wold run to primarily do damage but provide a little heals. It's a decent setup that doesn't require too farming.

Craft yourself 5 shacklebreaker (or ask/pay someone if you don't have Morrowind) for Chest, Gloves, Legs, Hands, Belts. Make it all impenetrable trait

Your other 5 piece armor will be Transmutation. You want 2 rings, 1 neck, 1 shield, and 1 one-handed weapon (does NOT matter which, buy cheap axe/mace, not expensive sword). Blue jewelry is perfectly fine and dirt cheap because blue has 95% the stats as purple. You can buy these (all will be cheap) or spend AP at the Cropsford Vendor (I would buy it from guild traders because it will be dirt cheap).

You then use a Monster set of choice. Valkyn is good for damage. Bloodspawn is good for defense. Pirate skeleton also good for defense. I don't really like the healing Monster sets, so I'd go with one of those three.

However you arrange it, have either 5 light or 5 heavy, and 1 medium, and 1 light or heavy. I prefer light. some people swear by heavy. I like 6 pieces of impen and 1 sturdy. All armor pieces should be purple.

Your "back bar" is one-hand (charged or precise works) and shield (sturdy). These are decent skills for what you want to do:
    1. Extended Ritual (use this morph)
    2. Breath of Life
    3. Channeled focus
    4. Structured entropy
    5. Hasty Prayer if you really want to be a "healer," Purifying light otherwise

Your front bar if you care about damage is either 2 actual swords (which are Willpower, these you can buy or get from tel Var.
    Gold Nirnhoned main hand, purple Sharpened off-hand [note: the weapon bonus for off-hand is really small so golding it is a luxury, not a necessity) or a Gold Nirnhoned Destro staff (it does not need to be from a set, though i you can get a Master's, obviously use that). Both have their pros and cons. Staff has easier ultimate gain and can restore magicka by heavy attack. Swords do more damage. Skills are primary for offense:
    1. Reflective Light (use this morph)
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Total Dark / Unstable Core (both morphs have pros and cons)
    4. Radiant Glory (use this morph until ZoS fixes the damage)
    5. If you put Hasty Prayer on your back bar, be sure to put Purifying Light here. Otherwise, either Aurora Javelin or Toppling Charge (if you get your hands on Master Destro, use the Destructive Reach skill here)

At that CP, try to get your regen to about 1900-2000. You get this through some combination of Mundas stone, Magicka recovery glyphs or by using using Witchmother's brew drink. The drink is easiest, but does come at the cost of a modest stamina pool, which the shacklbreaker helps a lot to alleviate and why it's a good set (if you are rich, consider using glyphs of prismatic defense for the legs and chest armor pieces). Once you have the regen sorted out, put your other jewelry glyphs to spell damage.

There, you have a nice all around build that can actually kill other players, provide some good support to allies with the strong transmutation set, toss out some heals, and defend yourself without being a "block heal bot".

You should always run infused off hand on DW setups without poisons. Then both glyphs get the infused bonus and you also get to keep the nirn main hand bonus letting you run berserker+shock and get concussed + the sick damage
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 20, 2018 4:26PM