The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Common Build Skills Matrix for new players - X-post from ESOReddit

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
Some of the most recurring threads from new players involves "what skills should I open for XXX build" or "Please link a leveling build for XXX".

Many caution new players not to worry about a "build" starting out. Others offer links to the most current end-game builds.

I have started to suggest to new players to review several builds for the Class/Role they want to play and to focus on the common skills among them. I think this will help them get a strong core base to learn and grow with, regardless if they mimic a build or tailor to their own play. And will save them some effort later when they finalize their characters for whatever content they want to enjoy.

With that in mind I decided to also try to offer a simple graphical display of this information for some of the most current builds for Templar MAG DD/STAM DD/HEALER. I only included the class skills at first just to work on formatting and to get any feedback before I finish it out for weapons and the other skill trees (Guild, World, Race, Alliance etc). I started with Templar as that is my class of choice. I also haven't gotten to PVP yet but will continue if people think this is helpful.

I believe if new players see how few skills make up the core of even most endgame builds that they will see how easy it is to focus early leveling on those and end up with a strong base.

COMMON BUILD SKILLS MATRIX

For any feedback I would ask:
  • I stuck to build links that have been updated to CWC and appear to be completely theory-crafted with included parse data/videos etc. I know I have probably left out many fine builders so if you have a link for me to add from please let me know.
  • The format is just an initial stab, and I would like to find the best way to make this readable and functional in the smallest footprint possible. If changing to X boxes or better colors might make it better please offer.
  • Finally I know there are as many build/skill opinions as we have community members and this is not meant to judge any build against another, but to simply show some of the most common focus. It also isn't meant to pigeon-hole new players into a specific build. If this appears to go too far in that direction please let me know if there is a way to show the basic info w/o implying that.