The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for Guild Suggestions

dburgdorf
dburgdorf
I don't necessarily expect to get much in the way of responses here, but figured it can't hurt to try. ;)

I'm a mature (well, old, anyway, with three kids who are now adults), casual gamer, with substantially more interest in PvE than in PvP. (In other words, I don't really have much interest in PvP at all.) I'm new to ESO, but not to online gaming, as I've been gaming for 30 years, since I started back in the '80s on a Commodore 64.

What I look for in a guild is primarily just a fun group of people with whom to chat while I play. (And I mean chat via in-game text chat, as while I certainly see the advantages of voice chat when in a group or raiding, I'm honestly not likely to use it much while playing casually, and probably wouldn't join a guild that required its members to use it all the time.) As far as actual game play is concerned, I've always tended to prefer solo adventuring to grouping (though I haven't yet played ESO enough to know how practical that will be at higher levels), so I don't particularly expect much in terms of teammates or equipment from a guild. Certainly, I'm not after the sort of equipment "freebies" a lot of guilds in my experience offer new members just to try to boost their member counts. And on a similar note, I'd much prefer a small or medium-sized group that does at least a little screening of potential members to a large guild that invites anyone who asks.

I'm not trying to seem overly picky, here, but at the same time, I'd prefer not to have to "bounce" between guilds for a while before finding one that's a good fit, so I figure the better I elucidate what I'm looking for, the more likely I am to find the right guild. :)

As far as what I bring to the table, well, I'm a "grumpy old guy" with a love of puns and wordplay and a frequently bizarre sense of humor. The character I've finally settled on as my main is "Olwin the Unwary," a Breton sorcerer, though I'm sure I'll have more characters soon, as I've always been a bit of an altaholic.

Anyway, as I said at the start, I don't necessarily expect much in the way of responses, but if you do actually read this and represent a guild you think I might enjoy being a part of, well, I look forward to hearing from you!
  • myrthril
    myrthril
    Soul Shriven
    That's what we're looking for too... if I find anything I'll update here. Good luck!
  • myrthril
    myrthril
    Soul Shriven
    After searching updated recruitment ads, we have (sorta kinda) chosen the Rusty Old Dragons guild. Although they do req voice on for dungeons etc, I don't believe its a requirement to talk a lot. We've already created our new EP toons and getting them up to lvl 10. Hope to see you there, or if not hope you find one you like better very soon.

Ooops, link: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/251012/rusty-old-dragons-pc-na-pvx/p1
    Edited by myrthril on January 22, 2018 10:00AM
  • Draughluin1025
    Greetings and salutations! Deviant Revelations is a tight knit community of players that meet and socialize on a weekly basis. We have great people in our guild who don't discriminate based on race, political opinion, religious views, you name it. We do not have an in-game attendance or character level requirement. Our sole aim to help one another achieve their in-game goals and have fun along the way. After all, a rising tide lifts all boats!

Our guild is full of knowledgeable officers, helpful and humorous raid leaders, and supportive members. Members are primarily from EST, though we do have a few others sprinkled across time zones. We welcome new and returning players to the game, and are happy to help them with build discussions, crafting, and content completion.

We are primarily a PVE guild, though we do occasionally venture into Cyrodiil when we're feeling frisky. We have weekly events such as dungeon runs, zone clearances, gear farming, and trials that are regularly attended. All of our events, guild rules, and even some fun and informative forum posts can be found on our website. Furthermore, we have a Discord server for voice and text chat which tends to become very active after 7pm EST, and offers some entertaining text during the work day. If you are interested in joining our ranks, please check out our guild website below and fulfill an application. Once approved, you will be given an invitation in game within 24 hours.

deviantrevelations.shivtr.com
    Into the fray once more, for guild, gold, and glory!
  • Telana
    Telana
    ✭✭
    Hello there! You sound like a nice and friendly individual who I think would make a great addition to our community - Remnants of Hope. We are a multi-gaming community that has been around since June 2009, having an active player base in ESO, GW2, SWTOR, and WoW. We have a huge emphasis on community, while partaking in nearly every aspect of the game (PvE, PvP, RP, Social, and Crafting). In ESO, we run a variety of different PvE events every week such as Dungeons (Normal/Pledges), Trials, World Boss/Exploration/Skyshard Hunting, and veteran level content. We also have an active RP presence in-game, with a dedicated Officer overseeing RP events. We try to take advantage of all that the game has to offer. If you feel so inclined, feel free to checkout our website at http://www.remnantsofhope.com/review/the-elder-scrolls-online/ if you'd like to learn more!

And of course, if you have any questions, feel free to let me know! :) Best of luck in your search!

~Telana
  • Pnyx
    Pnyx
    ✭✭
    The Aetherium-Oblivion Alliance is a multi-faction guild consisting largely of players over 40 years old. We elect guild leadership, have scheduled and pick-up events in both PvE and PvP. We use Discord for voice.

https://aetheriumoblivionalliance.enjin.com/