The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stuck in chair after interacting with it

nora
nora
Soul Shriven
Hello, I have experienced at least two times being stuck in a chair after interacting with it. Pressing the 'e' key to sit locks my character in the chair with no ability to get out. Pressing the WASD movements keys rotates my character's position in the chair (which is honestly comical), but does not release me from my chair prison. This has most recently happened to me in the public dungeon "The Vile Manse." I do not recall the first occasion, but the chair in this public dungeon was up close to a table...though I am unsure if this has anything to do with being stuck. I was, however, able to break free by interacting with a nearby sack (not a barrel/food sack in which the character simply clicks, but one in which there is a gathering animation). It wasn't an incredible inconvenience, but I was afraid of the impending doom from the soon-to-spawn monsters! Ok, that is all.
  • nora
    nora
    Soul Shriven
    Oops, failed to mention I'm NA-PC.
  • SoftcoverGore47
    This has happened to me also, several times. Had to port to my house to get out. Now im paranoid about accidentally clicking on a seat while trying to loot or picking something off a table.
    XBX1 NA
    MAG DK
    CP 810
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The /stuck command should get you out of the chair. I don't think that works for a chair in Cyrodiil, but it has worked for me in any dungeon I have used the command in (for me it was getting knocked back through a wall, not a chair)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen to me recently. I did get out of it after some messing around. You know I think I did /facepalm. Seriously.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, some emotes are supposed to get you out the chair.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• danger241
    danger241
    ✭✭
    Happened to me in Xbox NA. I just though I had a huge butt
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you wear a costume by any chance... in one of the PTS cycles (idk if it was morrowind or earlier) there was a bug that would get you stucked on a chair when wearing a costume (after that patch went live ingame costumes (not the one from crown-store) would no longer work in Cyro and IC) :(