The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New Player seeking Class Advice

Fudgington
Fudgington
Soul Shriven
Hello there, new guy here, bought the game about a week ago on Steam.

Now, i'm having quite some trouble settling down for a Class, so i thought i might ask around here for some suggestions from people who know the classes and their builds in and out. :expressionless:

So what i'm looking for is something fairly tanky and mobile with a in-your-face approach, mainly looking for OW PvP, but PvE viability is always welcome. I used to play mainly GS/Axe+Sh Warr and D/D Ele in GW2 if that rings some bells.
I was checking out Warden at first since i've seen alot of people say they're the Juggernauts of PvP atm, but i'm really no fan of the treehugger fantasy they have. I've looked into Stamsorc with Heavy Armor aswell (Mainly looked at Deltia's Marauder build) but i've also seen ALOT of mixed opinions about Stamsorc in PvP atm, so some clearing up would be nice.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have 8 free character slots, why not make multiple characters/roles/playstyles, try all of them and see what you like best. :) Or, like I do, appreciate variety and switch between them, depending on what mood you're in on a specific day.

I only do PvE, there I currently regularly play Magplar as healer, Dragonknight as tank, and DPS with Stamblade, Magblade, Stamwarden (do we call them Stamden? sounds weird ;) ), Magplar, Stamsorc. Favorite for solo/overland/questing would be Magblade and Stamwarden.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Fudgington
    Fudgington
    Soul Shriven
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    You have 8 free character slots, why not make multiple characters/roles/playstyles, try all of them and see what you like best. :) Or, like I do, appreciate variety and switch between them, depending on what mood you're in on a specific day.

I'd love to, but i don't have the time atm nor the motivation to level all classes and their variations to 20~30, hence why i've liked some input on the classes and pick the one that sounds the most promising to me.
  • Rokkar8
    Rokkar8
    ✭✭
    Stamsorcs are beast :) Dark deal is the single most powerful ability in this game imo. You trade magic for health and Stamina.

For pvp it has lost its throne to the stam warden and burst they can pull out.

For pve they just burn through everything, so much selfheals its kinda unfair.

For me the stamsorc gets boring in the longrun (all classes will do that ) its just , apply buffs and use weapon skills.
    The other classes have cooler abilities imo and will be more rewarding in the end.

I just started playing warden and find it really fun, the tankiness and timing when going on the offensive.

DKs are tanks, and have the coolest abilities imo, wings, talons, leap just to mention a few, but I like them more with in your face magic build. Its a set called seducer wich only requires 3 traits to craft and is very good on magicka dk’s. On my ps4 I was a magicka vampire dk emperor in seducer (heavy armour) in the under 50 campaign and nobody could even touch me. I could survive a warband beating on me. Just blue gear aswell.

One piece of advice is to pick a main and level it to cp 160 wich is gearcap, gear below this level is useless. Ive wasted many many hours just dicking around and starting over and over etc.

And get your crafting going, the research times are insane.