The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need advice on making gold

bloodthirstyvampire
bloodthirstyvampire
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm doing good for gold personally I make about 100k per day through farming mats, but what I would like to know is if you have advice for making gold, or just tell me your methods, maybe I could farm motifs or flip items in traders, I do my writs everyday on 3 toons
Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you make 100k a day, I dont think you need advice. Youre way above average imo. You could try fishing for roe if you get bored, unless thats part of ur mat farming.
    Edited by Motherball on January 19, 2018 4:09PM
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    100k a day farming mats? How long do you farm mats for each day when you earn the 100K?
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep 3 Guild Kiosks stocked with stuff to sell and I don't make 100K a day. But then I don't farm motifs.

Your doing fine, just keep doing what your doing.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pickpocket and rob lock homes. At max. Legerdemain level you can fence 140 items and launder 140 items per day and there is a passive that increase the percentage of gold you get from fencing items. I do this all the time as one way to make gold.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

Options
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    100k a day farming mats? How long do you farm mats for each day when you earn the 100K?

OP is probably lying. You need to harvest a ridiculous amount of materials to reach 100k. Like that's chinese farmer level of grind for one single day. And like someone else said, at 100k a day you don't need to ask around how to make money.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

OP is probably lying. You need to harvest a ridiculous amount of materials to reach 100k. Like that's chinese farmer level of grind for one single day. And like someone else said, at 100k a day you don't need to ask around how to make money.

I was wondering if i was doing my mat farming all wrong :D
    Options
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes people ask as a way to elusively brag.

Take the post for what it's worth.
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I farm betnikh I make 1000 rubidite each day as a target and around 800 ruby ash, 500 - 600 ancestor silk, not including alchemy mats, but I get lots. I farm like almost all day while queuing for randoms, I buy mats that people are selling like alloy at 6k - 8k and flip them at 9k plus I farm a lot so I have a higher chance of getting aetherial dust which sells at 70k - 80k I When I refine I usually get 5 - 8 alloy plus remember I play on ps4 so mats are worth more more.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing good for gold personally I make about 100k per day through farming mats, but what I would like to know is if you have advice for making gold, or just tell me your methods, maybe I could farm motifs or flip items in traders, I do my writs everyday on 3 toons

Farm mats in a zone with really good set drops. Bangkori is probably the best zone because both Seventh Legion and Spriggans sell really well in traders atm. While farming nodes, farm overland chests and dolmens if they pop up as well.
    Options
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been farming Rivenspire this week and averaging a little more than 60k per day. Farm about 3 hours a night.
    Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the math and you could easily convert 1000 rubidite into 40-50k but can you do that every day? 5 stacks of 200 plus presume 2-4 tempers, I get it but does it move fast enough to do everyday. Silk is 14-15K a stack but harder to come by but again, I get it, but every day? I need to stop messing with motif farming and just farm mats apparently.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
    Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I keep 3 Guild Kiosks stocked with stuff to sell and I don't make 100K a day. But then I don't farm motifs.

Your doing fine, just keep doing what your doing.

Same, I do 45-60 and I am doing back flips.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the math and you could easily convert 1000 rubidite into 40-50k but can you do that every day? 5 stacks of 200 plus presume 2-4 tempers, I get it but does it move fast enough to do everyday. Silk is 14-15K a stack but harder to come by but again, I get it, but every day? I need to stop messing with motif farming and just farm mats apparently.

I use the top traders like elden root and wayrest I sold 13 alloy for 9k each last night sold em all the same night 117k thats not including the refined mats rosin wax and kuta
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on January 19, 2018 5:57PM
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus ps4s economy hasn't been destroyed by addons
    Options
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to make 100k a day farming mats, its not hard But it was so mind numbingly boring it will make you hate the game. I decided I don't need that kind of pain in my lie.
    I make about 50ish a day now just playing with writs and daily stuff. I get to keep my mats and have a better time. Having decent traders is a key element for me. I can farm a mediocre motif that many have but having a great trader means that the few who don't have it. Tend to see it over the one in the middle of nowhere.
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

Options
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I'm only making like...$380,000 a year on my rental properties.

Am I doing something wrong? Plz help.
    Options
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    easiest way to make a good amount of gold everyday is writs. if its worth doing on 1 character its even better doing them on
    10 characters. #ALWAYSBEGRINDING

Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100k a day is not "lie" worthy profits, it's perfectly doable, but takes so much time that most don't keep that up long term.

I average 12-50k a day on equipment writs alone (on 6 characters). There's that much variation because it depends entirely upon the gold mats/master writs I get, all of which I sell.

So writs are 2k a day + whatever extras you happen to get.

Then mat farming is pure chance, like you can farm for 2 hours one day and get 7 tempering alloy (49k) and farm for 2 hours the next day and get 1 (7k). Make sure you have extraction maxed out for wood/cloth/metal to maximize temper chances.

My tip for farming is to make sure you're doing your writs and that if you're serious about it, having a mat grinding character boosts your profits. I leveled a stam sorc orc with all speed boosts maxed out to farm on and she runs faster than a horse. It's great.

Another tip is to have the HarvestMap addon because you can make it display 3D pins in the world which is a huge help. After you use it long enough you get a neat map where stuff spawns.

Like so:

3dN4brr.png

Final tip, if you're gonna mat grind and people are stealing your nodes just go somewhere else. I have 3 zones I like to farm in but there's a lot that are very profitable. I just alternate between them til I'm making good time in one.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
    Options
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing that kind of money with farming is doable.. except that it's not what this game is all about to me.. I make 60-150 per week with up to 4 hours of farming.. and I am happy with it, I don't need more. If I had to do nothing but farming, because you know millionzzz, I'd stop playing this game. Farming is the least pleasant activity in ESO.
    But I suppose if someone aims to be a millionaire in ESO..it must be exciting.
    Edited by duendology on January 19, 2018 8:52PM
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I farm betnikh I make 1000 rubidite each day as a target and around 800 ruby ash, 500 - 600 ancestor silk, not including alchemy mats, but I get lots. I farm like almost all day while queuing for randoms, I buy mats that people are selling like alloy at 6k - 8k and flip them at 9k plus I farm a lot so I have a higher chance of getting aetherial dust which sells at 70k - 80k I When I refine I usually get 5 - 8 alloy plus remember I play on ps4 so mats are worth more more.

That's by my estimation 600 some nodes a day? That's practically a part-time job before you actually play the game.
    Very few people would describe add-ons on PC as having destroyed the economy. Certainly, it reduces the number of players who will buy something at well over market price with good availability. But good consumer information has benefits for both sellers and buyers.

My pressing question though, is what do you need the gold for? Certainly not equipment upgrades if you're selling tempers.
    Housing? Motifs? Past that I'm stumped.
    I can see people who enjoy flipping items, because that has some kind of variety. I can even understand trying to figure out an efficient materials farming circuit as a sort of puzzle. But just running the same circuit over and over on betnikh for days...I'm baffled to understand why one would do that unless there's something really compelling you want to buy.
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's by my estimation 600 some nodes a day? That's practically a part-time job before you actually play the game.
    Very few people would describe add-ons on PC as having destroyed the economy. Certainly, it reduces the number of players who will buy something at well over market price with good availability. But good consumer information has benefits for both sellers and buyers.

My pressing question though, is what do you need the gold for? Certainly not equipment upgrades if you're selling tempers.
    I can see people who enjoy flipping items, because that has some kind of variety. I can even understand trying to figure out an efficient materials farming circuit as a sort of puzzle. But just running the same circuit over and over on betnikh for days...I'm baffled to understand why one would do that unless there's something really compelling you want to buy.
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

I have a goal to become the richest player in eso
    Options
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So OP came here to brag about making money and flame PC players. Nice.
    Options
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In approx 1 hour...

36k gold from writ quest rewards.

On average master writ value of 10k to 50k gold.

At least 12-15 gold mats from writ reward boxes. Min value of 30k.

5 writs on 12 characters each day easily nets me up to 100k gold in about 1 hour.

The rest of my time if i want to farm gold i do three methods.

1) bankoria dolmen/world boss circuits for spriggan/7th sets.

2) rivenspire public dungeon circuit grinding mobs and vendoring all loot and guild trader necropotence gear.

3)dark brotherhood delve boss motif farming

I like to mix up the three methods. May not be most efficient but i do fine with these if i need the gold when writs become horrible.
    Options
  • aikidoshi
    aikidoshi
    When you start a new character, how much 'questing' do you need to do before they can start writs?
    Options