The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is it possible to have 2 builds for one character?

Fieuws
Fieuws
✭✭
I love being a templar healer. Now the biggest problem I have is that I like both PvP and PvE. Is it possible to have a pvp and a pve build? And when I want to, just switch out my gear and skills for the other build? Or is this a bad idea?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of people do this.

As long as your builds don't require a change in Attributes or Skill Point Allocations. In fact, I would say that anyone who is serious about both PvP and PvE does this. But most good PvP builds can run PvE content just fine, so there is that. However an optimal PvE build will probably not work as well going the other way to PvP. So I think a large number of players that straddle the fence have two sets of gear and skill loadouts.

One big reason, you don't want to be in Cyrodiil without a lot of Impenetrable, and that does nothing for PvE.

If your on PC, there are even addons that can change your gear and skill bars with a button click.

Also, you want as few addons as possible running during PvP, for sure ones like Master Merchant and Harvest Map, so there is even an addon that gives you different addon profiles for PvE and PvP/Groups/Trials
    Edited by Nestor on January 19, 2018 3:58PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Get an add-on like alphagear or simular and you can switch from one build to another
    You can have multiple builds for same role or even to use in PVP
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of my biggest gripes about this game is how different my set-ups need to be in order to be most efficient in both PvE and PvP. I'm constantly paying for skill re-morphs on my main and for champ re-specs and its super annoying that they charge gold for this when it's their design that requires PvP and PvE to have separate builds. I have no problem swapping my gear and skill bars everytime i want to switch content but I should either be able to respec one skill/morph at a time or I shouldnt be charged gold. And I should never be charged gold to respec champ points into crit resist everytime I want to PvP.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one main toon, does it all.

But as things get more niche I've found I have a PvE setup, and a PvP noCP or solo setup and a PvP small group setup.

It can cost on CP changes. And respec or morph changes. But more its admin to keep a note of it all.

I wish they had manequins in homes you could save a setup under. Switching clothes is easy, but CP and skills and maybe respec is admin of ur gang are doing PvP and wanna go hit PvE

I prefer one main toon so it's a choice but it is admin
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Build" encompasses multiple aspects; gear (armor, weapons, jewelry, buff food, potions/poisons), skill bar contents, skill morphs, attribute and CP allocation, Mundus stone, race.

The former two can be easily switched on the fly with addons like Dressing Room or AlphaGear. The latter can also be changed, but only at certain locations and/or requiring gold/crowns.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On my Stamina DK alone I have:
    - 2 PvE tank builds
    - 3 PvE DD builds
    - 1 PvP DD build

Some of the gear is common of course but I do have different bar setups, mundus and consumables for each. The attributes are full stamina and CPs are locked as PvE DD. But I really don't need much optimisation for the other roles since I play no-CP PvP and all my chars have 48 CP in shadow ward which suffices for PvE tanking since spending more has diminishing returns, and I get the rest of my buffs from gear bonuses and traits as well as skills and passives.

I have all 6 gear & skill setups saved in Alpha Gear, all needed consumables in my inventory and I can easily port to the mundus stones. The other chars have 4-5 setups as well, but for the time being the Warden only has an own PvE DD setup and shares the PvP DD and PvE tank gear with the DK until I figure out what exactly I will craft, upgrade or permanently transfer to her.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Lots of people do this.
    agree.gif
  • Fieuws
    Fieuws
    ✭✭
    Awesome. Thank you so much everybody!
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do this through laziness partly (also levelling or grinding an alt would be soul destroying) but it's really different game of theory crafting and balance compared to just switching characters. I've mainly been pvp and occasionally pve when new stuff came out but now it's 50/50 with a focus of more aoe for pve and burst for pvp with with similar group help from sets or skills although champion points I don't change anymore I think I've found a happy medium. It certainly plays like two different characters
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another two cents: In addition to what people usually consider "gear for different builds", i.e. PvE vs. PvP or similar, I have gear layouts for specific purposes.

I have "running" gear to quickly get around (Fjord's Legacy + Darkstride). I use that on magicka chars too. Totally useless for combat, but combined with Major Expedition (through Falcon's Swiftness on a Warden or Rapid Maneuver otherwise) you reach the sprint speed softcap using those two, if you have the Medium Armor passive Athletics at level 2. Especially great for new chars with slow horses.

Then I have "leveling" gear. CP150 armor and weapons with all Training trait. Hundings+Night Mother's+Agility for stamina chars, Julianos+Elegance+Willpower for magicka. I use that while grinding or doing Random Normal dungeons when I need to level up a skill, skill line, or levels/CP in general.

Then, "stealing/stealth" gear for Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild quests. Night's Silence x 5, Night Terror x 3, monster set and regular weapons. Ignore movement penalty of sneak, reduce detection radius, reduce sneak cost.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP