The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sometimes stuck in combat for 10-15 seconds (Warden problem?)

Marcie
Marcie
Sometimes it takes way too long to get out of combat state. All mobs are dead, and the game still thinks I'm in combat for about 10-15 seconds.
This only happens on my Warden.

Has this happended to anybody else?
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    yup. Can happen on multiple occassions like

- having a HoT or another buff on a player. Said player is out of combat, but the game keeps you in combat until the buff/HoT expires
    - on Warden can also happen for yourself with Netch buff up and running
    - on any char can happen (especially annoying and happening much more in Cyrodil) when you run Shalks armor (ultimate gain in combat, well it keeps you in combat all the time).
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happens on all my characters but it seems to be especially bad on the warden due to the betty netch. The worst is when you kill a non-combat NPC like a fox or deer and you're stuck in combat for 5 plus seconds unable to mount or grab a node even though you didn't even fight something that can fight back. For some reason i get out of combat after fighting actual mobs than when im killing animals for game/small game. So annoying.
  • Marcie
    Marcie
    So I just have to live with it? What a clunky mess.

Thanks for explaining though.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have this problem on Warden as well, and the fix I've found is sneaking for a few seconds until the eye closes completely. Another, probably related problem is game objects interaction (containers, levers, NPCs): the cross hairs take a long time to focus on them, and sometimes I'm interrupted mid interaction without moving or doing anything else (ex. I open a container, view the contents and I get interrupted before looting). It takes 10-15s before being able to focus it again, with the usual workarounds like swapping bars repeatedly, bashing the air, roll dodge or casting various skills. It probably has something to do with the netch, since it's clearly more pronounced than my other non-pet characters.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reported this about 4 months ago and ZOS still haven't fixed it:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/374240/warden-takes-longer-to-go-out-of-combat#latest
    Sometimes it is longer than 30 seconds.
  • Marcie
    Marcie
    Asardes wrote: »
    the fix I've found is sneaking for a few seconds until the eye closes completely.

I'll try that. So silly, these bugs.
    Asardes wrote: »
    Another, probably related problem is game objects interaction (containers, levers, NPCs): sometimes I'm interrupted mid interaction without moving or doing anything else

Yup. Sometimes when looting a node, the game enters combat state.

Dang. I *hate* clunky combat.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. I have been having this problem too. Been just kind of dealing with it and not until now I realize it’s only on the warden. Im only on him long enough to run a random daily and undaunted quests, then swapping to other characters.
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug poses a big issue if you are attempting a speed run on dungeons or a score run in Trials. One time people had to wait for me for about a minute in vHRC which reflected in the final score.
    Edited by rosendoichinoveb17_ESO on January 19, 2018 2:55PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcie wrote: »
    So I just have to live with it? What a clunky mess.

Thanks for explaining though.

They've known about it for a very long time. I've seen threads about this months ago soon after the warden came out. I'm not sure if they even have acknowledged it because it's been so long since it was first reported I can't remember. Bugs are not fixed quickly in this game though. Unless it's an easy fix, lately, they've been waiting to do many fixes til the quarterly patches which is really lame and annoying. And some stuff just never gets fixed. Look at lightning staff heavy attacks or mounts glitching when traversing non-flat terrain or the activity finder or Cyrodiil performance or Xbox chat channels disappearing or shadow image or decon item list jumping around or what have you. I could go on for pages. Basically i wouldn't get your hopes up at a fix coming anytime soon.
  • Marcie
    Marcie
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Basically i wouldn't get your hopes up at a fix coming anytime soon.

That's what I think.
    It's dispiriting. They want me to pay for content updates, silly loot boxes, subscription and what not, but cannot even be bothered to fix bugs in a timely fashion? Good luck with that.

• Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcie wrote: »
    Sometimes it takes way too long to get out of combat state. All mobs are dead, and the game still thinks I'm in combat for about 10-15 seconds.
    This only happens on my Warden.

Has this happened to anybody else?

What you are experiencing is specific to the Warden and only the Warden. Yes, all classes get a small stuck in combat time period in different scenarios but the Warden can go into combat for no reason at all. I have many videos of this on my youtube channel with one happening in Belkarth as I try to harvest the Rune node there by the Woodworking building. The "Stuck In Combat" specific to the Warden is 30 seconds long. Yes, THIRTY SECONDS IN DURATION. In order to measure it you have to record all the time so when it happens you can go back and see how long it takes.

I have submitted many, many tickets to ZOS with ZERO responses. There are numerous threads on this wonderful combat bug in the forums. Like anything in this game it is apparent that Warden players have to submit a ticket and complain on the forums before ZOS will take notice and fix it.

Wait till you do Wayrest Sewers, Imperial City Prison, White Gold Tower and any other dungeon where you cannot go through a door because you are "Stuck In Combat". While the rest of the team is three manning the dungeon you can sit and stay stuck in combat even longer.

Suggest you submit a ticket to ZOS every single time it happens. Hopefully we will get it fixed one day.
  • Marcie
    Marcie
    Suggest you submit a ticket to ZOS every single time it happens.

You mean well. But I play games to have fun, not to be a paying beta tester - especially an *ignored* paying beta tester.
    I admire you're persistence though. Good luck.

• Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    Its been a few weeks since the last post in this thread, but I've got this problem too. I've seen this on my warden quite a lot when doing dungeons. I have not tested the other classes to see if its a problem on those yet.

It is really quite irritating to not be able to interact with NPCs, doors, chests, or heavy sacks because I'm still flagged as being in-combat when I'm not.
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same but on warden only
  • Marcie
    Marcie
    Recasting Netch and Lotus after each battle seems to speed things up for me. Combat usually ends after 3-5 seconds.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That'll be the Heroism buff.
    PC EU
  • Marcie
    Marcie
    That'll be the Heroism buff.

Nope.
    The delay happens even if there's not a single buff active.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as I am aware, only 3 things were affecting me in every situation that resulted in this bug. It was Netch, it was getting healed by Bound by Nature and having Minor Toughness buff on.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    :D This happens in my house when fighting a training dummy
  • Geru77
    Geru77
    ✭✭
    Just levelled a warden and this definitely still an issue as of April 29Th 2018. How did this get past testing? A little acknowledgememt from the Dev's would go a long way here.
  • Lark82
    Lark82
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm this happens a lot on warden
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup i had this issue on my stamina warden months ago and I am now playing a magicka warden sometimes which has the issue to an even worse degree. How has this class been out for like 11 months and it is still bugged to this degree?
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it’s still messed up on PS4. Not the end of the world or anything. Just sometimes be nice to get through a door the same time as everyone else. Bit of a pain on a speedy group.
  • peppercats
    peppercats
    ✭✭
    Still bugged, very annoying.

Definitely caused by Warden's Betty Netch skill.
    Edited by peppercats on July 25, 2018 12:52AM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can also confirm this still happens on Xbox NA
  • nobleboivin
    nobleboivin
    ✭✭
    I had this occur to me yesterday. Couldn't do anything really do to the game saying I was stuck in combat. Ironically I was on my magplar
  • peppercats
    peppercats
    ✭✭
    This is so annoying. I'm able to put myself into combat without fighting anything or being near any enemy. Summon blue betty, Damage yourself(fall damage/potion, etc), resummon blue betty to heal you with "bond with nature" passive. About 30% of the time you'll be put in combat.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    peppercats wrote: »
    This is so annoying. I'm able to put myself into combat without fighting anything or being near any enemy. Summon blue betty, Damage yourself(fall damage/potion, etc), resummon blue betty to heal you with "bond with nature" passive. About 30% of the time you'll be put in combat.

30%? Try summoning netch, damaging yourself, casting ANY skill (including light attack) and resummoning netch and its 99% chance to be put in combat
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lSkFLve.jpg

Just one of many typical examples of combat log while being stuck in combat. Absolutely unwaranted constant trigger of combat that lasts for 45s at minimum and then gets triggered 1s after ending again and again...

It doesnt even show properly that those combat states lasts for that long because there is NOTHING happening (unless I self heal) so the combat log (recount addon) even states it lasted less than 1s.
    Edited by SodanTok on July 29, 2018 9:26PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's practically guaranteed with any pet.
    Pets have been broken a long time here.